Joey & Tuffy

Ballerina

Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Willow's feelings got hurt when we took a picture of The Little Darlings and didn't take one of her in a Christmas "hat". So, here's a pic of The Darling Willow who will be 12 years old the end of January. She's a darling for real.

Insane Crazy

Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Yes, I'm certain it was all Willow's idea! :D What a dear she is. I love older dogs. Those grey noses get me every time.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
serenassong

Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:57 am

She looked a bit upset in the picture with the two little darlings- glad to see she got her close up.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Ballerina

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:51 pm

Bill was complaining that his eyesight was failing – he couldn’t see his TV screen clearly. I showed him what the problem was and that he had to clean it every once in a while.

These marks are not Arabic symbols – they are Tuffy’s nose and mouth prints. It’s her self-appointed duty that no animal of any specie makes its way into this house via the TV screen. She has become so obsessed in her job that she attacks the Duck Dynasty guys (it’s the beards, you know). :lol:

serenassong

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Love the Doggie Nose Art!
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
Ballerina

Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Joey & Tuffy making a bank withdrawal - $100 worth of dog bones, please!

Ballerina

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:02 am

We wanna come in the dining and living rooms and play with all the Christmas decorations.

Not a chance, my Little Darlings.

serenassong

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:38 am

Joey seems resigned to his fate, but Tuffy would like to be able to get out, lol.
Catalina

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Temptation, sure. But they're being good. After all, that little kiddie gate would hardly require much of a jump.
Ballerina

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Catalina wrote:Temptation, sure. But they're being good. After all, that little kiddie gate would hardly require much of a jump.
Fortunate that they've never tried nor do they try to put their front paws on it. Some rewards in their ownership. :lol:
Retrospectiv

Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Amazing what lovely dogs they're grown in to, and just how much you can see the difference (masculine vs feminine) in the two, particularly in that last photo :)
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Ballerina

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:47 am

Joey & Tuffy commence on some serious dog showing qust for their championship this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Fredericksburg, VA. Tuffy is entered on Friday and Joey on Saturday and Sunday. If all the dogs show up, there's a 4 pt. major on Friday and 4 pts. on Saturday. Points drop to only 2 on Sunday.

They can't be any more ready for the show ring than they are right now at nearly 20 months old.

We also have shows Jan. 17 - 19 in Westminster, MD and then Jan. 24 - 26 in Richmond, VA.

We're travelling to all these shows, staying in local hotels, and handing off Joey or Tuffy to their pro-handler at ringside. She's worked a lot with them. They're use to her and they like her - she has good smelling/tasting treats.

We do not have both of them being shown the same day. In the 9 shows in January, Joey will be in 6 and Tuffy in 3.

We leave this coming Thursday morning for Fredericksburg.
CleverCharm

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Good luck! They are gorgeous!
Ballerina

Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Tuffy welcoming in New Year 2014

Ballerina

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:24 pm

Drove 175 miles north on Thursday to Fredericksburg, VA. Made it in 2-1/2 hrs. Beautiful day, very little traffic. Stayed at Best Western Central Plaza – just 2 miles from the show site. Great place – one of the nicest places that allows dog that we’ve stayed at. Weather was miserable Friday and abominable on Saturday – so much rain.

Darlene Bergan, our handler, is doing such an amazing job with both Joey & Tuffy. She is so patient and has such a gentle hand with our dogs. They like and trust her. Joey has come such a long way, and Tuffy is about 75% of the way there being confident in the ring.

No points for either Tuffy or Joey this 3 day dog show weekend. Tuffy showed on Friday – 10 in competition. She was 3rd in her class. She looked good, behaved well. Judge just liked the first two better. The female that won completed her CH that day, and the female that came in 2nd is nearly finished. I’m disappointed but not feeling defeated. Tuffy is a beautiful female, and she’ll finish.

Joey got RWD on Saturday. It was a 4 pt. major and it was a bitter defeat. Judge had him first in line but then changed her mind and placed the 2nd dog ahead of Joey when she gaited them around again. She told Darlene when she handed her the ribbon, “I really like this dog but the other dog gaited better and had a stronger topline.”

HELLO! (Darlene and Joey are 1st and the better gaiting and stronger topline dog is 2nd.)

Sometimes these judges should just shut up and hand out the ribbons. If they’re going to make a critique, it should be accurate.

Sunday Joey showed the absolute best. He showed like a veteran. Thought we had this one knocked. NOT! The dog who came in 3rd behind Joey on Saturday was winners. Joey was 2nd in the Open class, but the judge gave RWD to the 9 – 12 puppy. Not sure what that was all about – maybe the judge didn’t like Joey’s height (he is tall, I will admit). Points fell from 2 to 1 pt, so it wasn’t all that disappointing.

Next weekend is 275 miles north to Westminster, MD. Dread the traffic around D.C. Tuffy is entered Friday and Saturday. Only 2 pts. to be had both days. If there is so much as 1 absentee, the points fall to 1. Joey shows on Sunday – it’s a 3 pt. major. We’ll see. Can’t win if they’re not entered.
wannabeagroom

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Let me get this straight. The dog behind Joey in that picture came in FIRST? No way! There is no comparison between the two. Joey looks strong, calm, and confident. The other one looks afraid. That is a shame. That judge obviously has vision problems - or was paid off!
Ballerina

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:32 pm

wannabeagroom wrote:Let me get this straight. The dog behind Joey in that picture came in FIRST? No way! There is no comparison between the two. Joey looks strong, calm, and confident. The other one looks afraid. That is a shame. That judge obviously has vision problems - or was paid off!
You got it straight. And we have another dozen pictures to show the dog behaved that way all the way around the ring.

All I ask is for my dogs to behave well, the handler (whomsoever it may be) to handle well, and the judge make an educated decision. I don't complain about loosing except when something is so blatantly wrong. Wish judges had instant replays of their decisions.
Ballerina

Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:05 am

I just got a call from my better half. Bill is up in Richmond for the shows there. Our Mystiko & Adili's Relion My Pal Joey went BOW (Best of Winners). The major broke, so it was only 2 pts. But we'll gladly taken them. Darlene Bergan handled to Winners Dog, and then Bill had to take him in with the Specials. Despite between the cream in the two bitches in season Oreo cookie, Bill managed to get BOW. YAY! Love me my Joey boy - one of my favorite pictures of the class clown.

I'll post his formal show pic when I get it.
Catalina

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Congratulations on Joey's BOW! And the 2 points.
Ioya Two

Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:37 pm

So how close are they to getting their Ch. again? Sorry Bal, I don't remember lol. Is it points or majors that count? Seems Joey's closer.
Pulpit 1994-2012