Liam Neeson defends NYC Carriage Horse industry

Liam Neeson defends NYC Carriage Horse industry

Postby Kelly Kip » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Kelly Kip

Re: Liam Neeson defends NYC Carriage Horse industry

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Don't have the time to watch a video...but do any of the people who want the carriages gone have the perfect way to handle all the horses who will be out of a job if this happens?
I believe most strongly that horses must be given the best and most humane care, but I'm not opposed to a horse working for a living. Since these horses are working in the middle of New York City, they are under the scrutiny of a huge population...it would be like a thousand animal welfare workers watching the horses every day. And I doubt that a New Yorker would be shy about stepping in and raising a ruckus if they thought for a minute that one of the horses was being abused.
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby a Flying Brick » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:09 pm

good comment, Baroque. Never thought of that aspect. Maybe the owners/drivers or whoever could agree to do more for the horses in order to reassure the horses will be well cared for.
a Flying Brick

Postby Ballerina » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Don't necessarily want the gone - just keep them in Central Park.
Ballerina

Postby Catalina » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:56 pm

Ballerina wrote:Don't necessarily want the gone - just keep them in Central Park.

That sounds like a workable idea.
Catalina

Postby Kelly Kip » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:02 pm

a Flying Brick wrote:good comment, Baroque. Never thought of that aspect. Maybe the owners/drivers or whoever could agree to do more for the horses in order to reassure the horses will be well cared for.

They already ARE well cared for. The Mayor won't even meet with the Carriage Association to work anything out.
Kelly Kip

Postby gravano » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Yeah, I'm with Kip on this one. I don't like how the mayor is handling this at all.
It's a complicated issue and because the carriage industry represents such a small percentage of the voting public, he's not gonna take the time to listen to them.
gravano

Postby Kelly Kip » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:52 am

gravano wrote:Yeah, I'm with Kip on this one. I don't like how the mayor is handling this at all.
It's a complicated issue and because the carriage industry represents such a small percentage of the voting public, he's not gonna take the time to listen to them.

It's not complicated at all. The carriage industry has been well regulated for years. deBlaiso want them gone to repay big campaign donors, who want the land where the stables are for development.
Kelly Kip

Postby Ballerina » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:22 am

Kelly Kip wrote:It's not complicated at all. The carriage industry has been well regulated for years. deBlaiso want them gone to repay big campaign donors, who want the land where the stables are for development.

Interesting! But I never once thought his motivation was for the welfare of these horses. They are treated well. I just think they belong in Central Park away from engine traffic. They are at far less risk in the park.
Ballerina

Postby Sheepish » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:54 am

I've been on the carriage drivers side of this for a long time. Just about every anti argument is a flat out lie that any small amount of unbiased research can disprove.
Sheepish

Next

Return to Horsin' Around