Winter Olympics watch

Re: Winter Olympics watch

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:22 am

Oh, don't feel lonely. I think most of the world find the Swarm of Kim-Styled Synchronized Sycophants WAY creepy.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby stark » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 pm

There's a time and a place for everything, and the gold medal celebration press conference was not the right time or the right place to be asking Shawn White about the #MeToo allegations in his past.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Ballerina » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 pm

I was happy for Shaun White - he sure can fly. Sorry to hear the allegations hurled against him. I took particular note of the flag dragging, but I chalk it off to him not really catching grip of reality with what he had just accomplished. He did apologize.
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:50 pm

I think trying to carry his helmet and board AND the flag, all while getting hugs and backslaps from his fans, was a bit too much, even for Shaun. He needed another arm.
Maybe whoever shoved the flag into his hands could have helped carry a corner? :oops:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Catalina » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:44 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:I'm watching on Eurosport, it's a refreshing change. :mrgreen:

And so, how much does Eurosport want for a subscription, and how long is it for?
Catalina

Postby Ballerina » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 pm

The German pairs last night were breathtaking.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/ge ... li=BBnb7Kz
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 pm

They were, and I think the scene in the 'kiss and cry' after Savchenko and Massot won the gold has become my favorite moment from the Games so far.
This was Aljona's fifth Olympics and, IIRC, Massot is her third partner. She's been trying for 16 years to win that gold...she'd come so close but never quite got there.
She must be admired by the other skaters, both for her perseverance and her talent, because she was embraced by all the other competitors after the results were final. Radford led the charge, getting up from her seat and going over to hug the sobbing Aljona, followed by everyone else. The happiness shown by the other skaters as they congratulated her looked and sounded genuine.
Her partner, the young former French citizen Massot, had just skated far better than he did in the short program, so he was pretty much a puddle of relieved tears. :D
BaroqueAgain1

Postby lurkey mclurker » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:31 am

Catalina wrote:
lurkey mclurker wrote:I'm watching on Eurosport, it's a refreshing change. :mrgreen:

And so, how much does Eurosport want for a subscription, and how long is it for?

I have no idea as I am watching streams via Reddit's Winter Olympics thread. :mrgreen: It's been pretty reliable & sometimes the non-NBC commentary is hilarious (when it's not in Russian, which I don't know so I have no idea :lol: ). There were Aussie commentators for pairs and first the lady commentator echoed my thoughts about the Chinese skater, Zhang Hao, being built like a brick wall... and later in their skate, the male commentator marveled about his physique too. :lol:

reddit.com/r/WinterOlympicsStreams/
lurkey mclurker

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:42 am

Is Zhang Hao the one Johnny said the other skaters called The Hulk? :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby lurkey mclurker » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:54 am

Yeah, that would be him. :mrgreen:

On a side note, I guess Yuzuru Hanyu just answered lingering questions about whether his ankle issues have been worked out? Holy crap that program. :shock:
lurkey mclurker

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around