The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:03 pm

Somnambulist wrote:If it's any consolation my seasonal allergies are so awful right now and I feel the same way. I have been pulling 16 hour days for the past few months but I don't remember the last time I had any energy. I ache and feel exhausted near constantly. Normally the length of the day wouldn't bother me, but then again I'm not 18 anymore. The joys of aging.

I had a dose of Clarispray and feel almost immediately better, so my problem must have been allergies. Ever since my sinus surgery, I've been doing so much better, I think I forgot what allergies feel like. Well. It's in full blast now. :roll:

Also, yknow, getting older. I'm also 20 lbs heavier than I was pre-baby, so I'm sure that has something to do with it, too.
starrydreamer

Postby Catalina » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:22 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Catalina wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:I'm starting to worry that I have rheumatoid arthritis or chronic fatigue syndrome (my sister has RA). My joints and muscles are aching like I have the flu, my throat is sore, I'm ridiculously stiff when I wake up. Also, tired all the time.

So, maybe run it past a doctor? Don't know about CFS, but both RA and flu would benefit from treatment.

Treatment for flu is rest, fluids, and ibuprofen/tylenol for fever. I don't go to a doctor for the flu. However, this is not that (although it reminds me that I need to go get my flu shot!). I think my main problem is that it's fall and my allergies are acting up.

Excuse my whininess. :lol: We're in our new house and it's frustrating not knowing where everything is, plus my husband has been stressed too, and so we go 10 rounds on where to put the tupperware and it's exhausting. :roll:

Actually, on some types of flu, if you take it to the doctor within the first few days, they can give you antiviral medication that blunts the flu so it's less severe/a little faster to get over. Might not make that much difference for a young, healthy person, but for those of us who are high risk, it's well worth remembering.
Catalina

Postby Tessablue » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:16 pm

I've done the "constant generalized pain, stiffness, and fatigue" rodeo and I've basically given up on ever getting an answer, but for me it's been going on forever and you should certainly get looked at if these symptoms are new and sudden. I hope you feel better starry, and make sure to get tested for lyme disease. I don't know where in the country you are but it probably affects way more people than we realize.

Somnambulist wrote:If it's any consolation my seasonal allergies are so awful right now and I feel the same way. I have been pulling 16 hour days for the past few months but I don't remember the last time I had any energy. I ache and feel exhausted near constantly. Normally the length of the day wouldn't bother me, but then again I'm not 18 anymore. The joys of aging.

That sucks... any chance you'll get a break soon?

My own personal vent is that I can't go a week without impostor syndrome kicking in but hey, what else is new.
Tessablue

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:31 am

Tessablue wrote:I've done the "constant generalized pain, stiffness, and fatigue" rodeo and I've basically given up on ever getting an answer, but for me it's been going on forever and you should certainly get looked at if these symptoms are new and sudden. I hope you feel better starry, and make sure to get tested for lyme disease. I don't know where in the country you are but it probably affects way more people than we realize.

That sucks... any chance you'll get a break soon?

My own personal vent is that I can't go a week without impostor syndrome kicking in but hey, what else is new.

Impostor syndrome is my default. How am I an adult with a license to practice law? How do I have a child who is not a complete and total mess? My in-laws lectured me like I was their teenager two weeks ago, which really kicked it all into gear.
starrydreamer

Postby Somnambulist » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:15 pm

New
York
Giants.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby serenassong » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:12 am

Somnambulist wrote:New
York
Giants.

It just floors me that they have the same record as the Browns. My office is a Giants fan center- and they are always ribbing me that my husband is a diehard Browns fan.
On Sunday- we went to a wedding- and the bar was open to us. Sat there watching the two games with a martini in my hand in disbelief for the Giants( strangest reception I have ever been to).
Last edited by serenassong on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby serenassong » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 am

May be losing my job- but do have my resume out there - I saw the writing on the wall.
One of the jobs is in the same school system that my sister works in - in the guidance office.
Would be helping them out, and working with the kids getting their college apps together.
I think that would be very ideal for me.

Have sooooo much on my plate-
Father-in-Law has Stage IV pancreatic/Liver cancer- has been in and out of the ER 3 times this week- has fallen twice- Chemo is kicking his butt- final round was last Friday- they re-evaluate tomorrow
A good friend of ours was in a very serious car accident- In Queens- we are taking care of his house and helping his family in NY to make sure everything is taken care of.
Then, they tell us yesterday that our main line of product will not be renewing our contract- they are going direct. That's 50% of our stock/sales. We do have another line that is doing well, but not sure that it will pull us thru.
My bursitius in my hip is acting up- had to cancel my acupunture appointment because I need to save money- I have to get re-embursed by the insurance company and they take FOREVER. Meanwhile, I'm racking up interest on the card
Had to cancel my hair appointment as well to sock more money away until I know for sure what the heck will happen

They say that God only gives you what you can handle- He seems to think I'm a real badass. :D
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:36 pm

I just moved to a new state and have new health insurance (employer-based). And of COURSE the new health insurance isn't going to want to cover my son's food. He is g-tube fed and has been since birth because he was born with multiple congenital disorders. He gets formula through a feeding tube at lunch at his daycare, and blended liquid food at home. If he was not tube fed, he would die of starvation because he physically cannot eat enough to sustain himself. We're not asking for insurance to pay our grocery bill, but my kid's food cannot be purchased at a grocery store.

I'm sure I'll also run into trouble when I set him up for speech therapy to help with eating and talking because they're considered habilitative services and not rehabilitative (because he never had these skills... he's 3 years old). Obamacare got rid of that distinction but not for employer-based insurance plans.

The insurance system is set up to punish parents who, through no fault of their own, have a child born with congenital problems. (For the curious, my son was born with an omphalocele, which resulted in several lung deformities, a hole in his heart that was repaired via open heart surgery at 6 months old, and scoliosis.)
starrydreamer

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:09 pm

starrydreamer wrote:The insurance system is set up to punish parents who, through no fault of their own, have a child born with congenital problems. (For the curious, my son was born with an omphalocele, which resulted in several lung deformities, a hole in his heart that was repaired via open heart surgery at 6 months old, and scoliosis.)

I'm sorry. I wish the people in charge would just do their job and really research ways to fix things, not just throwing band aids out. You speak so lovingly of your son that I'm sure you'll figure it all out. What else is a mom gonna do? Take no for an answer?

Are their studies in your area that you can get him on? I know a lot of the time they pay for most everything else.

We all pay so much out of pocket as it is, pre-tax or not, that at this point there really needs to be a single payor system. No one asks to feel sick and have problems. No one should go broke or have to worry about affording just how to live comfortably.

I feel like you're supposed to get more conservative as you get older, but I find myself becoming increasingly liberal...
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Ballerina » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:05 pm

serenassong wrote:May be losing my job- but do have my resume out there - I saw the writing on the wall.
One of the jobs is in the same school system that my sister works in - in the guidance office.
Would be helping them out, and working with the kids getting their college apps together.
I think that would be very ideal for me.

Have sooooo much on my plate-
Father-in-Law has Stage IV pancreatic/Liver cancer- has been in and out of the ER 3 times this week- has fallen twice- Chemo is kicking his butt- final round was last Friday- they re-evaluate tomorrow
A good friend of ours was in a very serious car accident- In Queens- we are taking care of his house and helping his family in NY to make sure everything is taken care of.
Then, they tell us yesterday that our main line of product will not be renewing our contract- they are going direct. That's 50% of our stock/sales. We do have another line that is doing well, but not sure that it will pull us thru.
My bursitius in my hip is acting up- had to cancel my acupunture appointment because I need to save money- I have to get re-embursed by the insurance company and they take FOREVER. Meanwhile, I'm racking up interest on the card
Had to cancel my hair appointment as well to sock more money away until I know for sure what the heck will happen

They say that God only gives you what you can handle- He seems to think I'm a real badass. :D

Oh My, you surely do have a lot on your plate. Sometimes reading what others are going through makes me less feeling sorry for myself. I hope the sun shines through those dark clouds real soon.
Ballerina

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around