Happiness

Re: Happiness

Postby Spahny » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Spahny

Postby BlindLucky » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:31 pm

We had snow this weekend. It was forecast to be up to 12 inches, but we ended up with about two inches of sleet/ice and an inch or two of snow. My dogs had a blast!

The little dark brown one (Simon) is a fetch-a-holic, and the tan one (Finn) will be 12 years old next month. You can still see his ultrasound shave marks--he almost died in August--but you can tell he's feeling better :D

Look at the perfect ice crystal on his eyebrow!

Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby peeptoad » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:53 am

Nice pics. Is Finn a Canaan Dog?
peeptoad

Postby Somnambulist » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:19 am

There's nothing better than watching dogs who love the snow.

I wish I had the time for a pupper..
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby BlindLucky » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:31 pm

peeptoad wrote:Nice pics. Is Finn a Canaan Dog?

Finn is a Husky/Shepherd mutt :D

Simon's mom was a chocolate Lab, but his dad... let's just say mama was a floozy. They think he might have been a pit bull type, but no one really knows--he was probably a mutt of questionable parentage himself, since Simon has a rather square jaw, a purple/spotted tongue, and a dark stripe of hair down his back.

Heinz 57 dogs, I believe they're called :lol:
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:59 pm

My niece had a Lab/Pit cross,and she was the most wonderful dog. With her big, dark, Lab eyes and slightly floppy ears, she had the sweetest face. But her broad chest, muscular body and brindle coloring clearly stated "I'ma Pit Bull, don't mess with me or my owner." Which made her mom and me happy, knowing that their walks, whether in a park or along city streets, were safer for my niece with that protective companion. :D
BaroqueAgain1

Postby peeptoad » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:37 am

BlindLucky wrote:
peeptoad wrote:Nice pics. Is Finn a Canaan Dog?

Finn is a Husky/Shepherd mutt :D

Simon's mom was a chocolate Lab, but his dad... let's just say mama was a floozy. They think he might have been a pit bull type, but no one really knows--he was probably a mutt of questionable parentage himself, since Simon has a rather square jaw, a purple/spotted tongue, and a dark stripe of hair down his back.

Heinz 57 dogs, I believe they're called :lol:

Cool. Finn looks a lot like a friend of mine's Canaan dog is why I asked... you have some nice dogs. I can't wait until I live somewhere I can have a dog (or cat for that matter) again.
peeptoad

Postby TapitsGal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:40 pm

How do you choose a car?I'm in the market for a pre-owned one with less than 100,000 miles to replace my 2002 Honda Civic that has 190,000 miles on it and has developed chronic engine trouble. So far i've test drove the Accent, Corolla, Nissan Sentra, Ford Focus and Chevy Spark...and those are the ones i like... with the spark being the best deal at 8800 miles and under 10k
TapitsGal

Postby Catalina » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:21 pm

TapitsGal wrote:How do you choose a car?I'm in the market for a pre-owned one with less than 100,000 miles to replace my 2002 Honda Civic that has 190,000 miles on it and has developed chronic engine trouble. So far i've test drove the Accent, Corolla, Nissan Sentra, Ford Focus and Chevy Spark...and those are the ones i like... with the spark being the best deal at 8800 miles and under 10k

I would probably look at "best used cars" lists by Kelley Blue Book, Edmunds, and Consumer Reports, and from there determine what to test drive.
Catalina

Postby stark » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:57 pm

TapitsGal wrote:How do you choose a car?I'm in the market for a pre-owned one with less than 100,000 miles to replace my 2002 Honda Civic that has 190,000 miles on it and has developed chronic engine trouble. So far i've test drove the Accent, Corolla, Nissan Sentra, Ford Focus and Chevy Spark...and those are the ones i like... with the spark being the best deal at 8800 miles and under 10k

IF the Spark still has some factory warranty included it becomes the best pick simply because of that alone.
When they were new, the Corolla then the Sentra headed that list for reliability.

If you have $10,000 cash and are shopping for a car, a recommendation from an old guy who has lived through it, would be to purchase a new car, put the $10K down and finance the balance, it could be as little as 4 or 5 thousand dollars for a car similar to your list above. With monthly payments at only $100 and a new car under full warranty, your miscellaneous out of pocket expenses for repairs would be zero, and more importantly, you won't be inconvenienced with a car that won't start in the morning, good luck. Much easier to budget for the next 4 or 5 years knowing full well your car is going to live that long!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around