Photos/News about Broodmares

Re: Photos/News about Broodmares

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:01 pm

DJFiske @DJFiske
5h5 hours ago
Found out this morning Champion #UNTAPABLE will be retuning home with 2 #FRANKEL colts (1 at foot, 1 in utero). Hopefully 1 of the 2 will be half the racehorse #CRACKSMAN is. @EpsomRacecourse @JohnGosden1 @FrankieDettori
Sparrow Castle

Postby Private Thoughts » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Excited to here this. :)

I was so happy that they sent her to be bred to Frankel.

Big fan of both of them, so I am hoping they produce something special.
Private Thoughts

Postby lurkey mclurker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:37 pm

This is more of a broodmare question (I already checked Pedigree Query & there's nothing) - is there a way to find out if the 1991 mare Melrose Wine (Desert Wine x Melrose Nugget) was ever bred to Devil's Bag & produced a bay colt?

PQ shows she was bred to Devil His Due but that's not the foal I'm looking for. 8-)
lurkey mclurker

Postby mariasmon » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:33 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:This is more of a broodmare question (I already checked Pedigree Query & there's nothing) - is there a way to find out if the 1991 mare Melrose Wine (Desert Wine x Melrose Nugget) was ever bred to Devil's Bag & produced a bay colt?

PQ shows she was bred to Devil His Due but that's not the foal I'm looking for. 8-)

You can go to Equineline and pull a mare produce record for $1.
mariasmon

Postby Flanders » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:18 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:This is more of a broodmare question (I already checked Pedigree Query & there's nothing) - is there a way to find out if the 1991 mare Melrose Wine (Desert Wine x Melrose Nugget) was ever bred to Devil's Bag & produced a bay colt?

Wild Wine, 1997, bay colt - unraced, was a RNA at Keeneland 1998
Flanders

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Omgosh thank you Flanders! That was him. : )))) I wasn't sure if he was ever registered (I knew he never raced, if you'd seen him you'd know why, he was a quintessential Baby Huey but became a wonderful lesson horse :mrgreen: ).
lurkey mclurker

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:25 pm

mariasmon wrote:

Thanks MM, I will know what to do if the situation ever arises again. :mrgreen:
lurkey mclurker

Postby Flanders » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:32 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:
mariasmon wrote:

Thanks MM, I will know what to do if the situation ever arises again. :mrgreen:

You can also just use either of Equineline's free services, the 5 cross search, and type in a year and the dam's name. Or use their Auction results Search by putting a dam name in and setting the horse type and years to all.
Flanders

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:02 pm

don'r know why this double posted...can't find a way to delete an accidental double post
Last edited by Ridan_Remembered on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Flanders » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:

You actually can see the progeny of any horse who is in pedigreequery.com. I couldn't do this earlier when your question first appears (work and family took my time), but here is a link to the pedigree page for Melrose Wine. If you click "Reports" and select "Progeny" from the drop-down menu, you can see that the bay colt, Wild Wine, born 1997, by Devil's Bag, appears to have been her first foal (or first named foal) -- http://www.pedigreequery.com/melrose+wine

I added him to pedigreequery after i looked him up.
Flanders

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales