Photos/News about Broodmares

Re: Photos/News about Broodmares

Postby sweettalk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:33 am

https://twitter.com/CamilleEChavez/stat ... 5360585729

so this person is either living in LaLa Land, or beholder was sold without it making ANY headlines or rumour vines :? :lol:
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby CoronadosQuest » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:13 pm

sweettalk wrote:https://twitter.com/CamilleEChavez/status/959641095360585729

so this person is either living in LaLa Land, or beholder was sold without it making ANY headlines or rumour vines :? :lol:

She said that she owned her in a "fantasy stable"
CoronadosQuest

Postby sweettalk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:52 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:
sweettalk wrote:https://twitter.com/CamilleEChavez/status/959641095360585729

She said that she owned her in a "fantasy stable"

two different people. plenilune had the fantasy stable-that's my mum, it's like a fantasy football league, but with horses (fun little contest). ms chavez (Broken) claimed to actually OWN her, but backtracked when asked abt it. it gave me a decent laugh tho.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Nice article about Fipke, his life, and some of his horses in the current edition of Trainer Magazine.

Frances J Karon @francesjkaron
4h4 hours ago
30yo Secretariat mare Ball Chairman, dam of Chuck Fipke’s homered champion @PerfectSoulIRE, photographed last week ahead of my @trainer_mag feature on Fipke: Trainer Magazine: North American Edition - Spring 2018, issue 47:
https://issuu.com/anderson-co/docs/47_north_american_trainer_spring18_/24 … via @issuu
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Timber Town Stable @Timber_Town
1h1 hour ago
#Songbird met @Arrogatethegr8 this morning at the immaculately kept @JuddmonteFarms shed. They were both stars, of course. #futurechampion
Sparrow Castle

Postby Miss Woodford » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Seems a bit rude to photograph a lady on her "walk of shame", no? ;)
Miss Woodford

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:25 pm

@Sparrow Castle - 30yo Secretariat mare Ball Chairman - Although Secretariat died too soon, quite a few of his kids and grandkids made it to advanced age. Kind of gives me a sense of comfort to know that, so thanks very much for posting her photo.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Izvestia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 pm

At least they did her the courtesy of not showing it.
Izvestia

Postby Treve » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 pm

Miss Woodford wrote:Seems a bit rude to photograph a lady on her "walk of shame", no? ;)

Depends on whether you want to call it a "walk of shame" or a "got laid parade" :D
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:30 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:@Sparrow Castle - 30yo Secretariat mare Ball Chairman - Although Secretariat died too soon, quite a few of his kids and grandkids made it to advanced age. Kind of gives me a sense of comfort to know that, so thanks very much for posting her photo.

Oh yes, Terlingua, who may be his most famous daughter, also lived a long life...to age 32. Barbara just posted a picture of her as a yearling that I don't remember seeing before. (She and Curtis' Border Run are full siblings. I wonder if Navajo Pass is still alive (she'd be 29); maybe Patricia McQueen will do a story on her.

Barbara Livingston @DRFLivingston
3h3 hours ago
Here's a super-cool historic pic by John C. Wyatt. TERLINGUA (Secretariat-Crimson Saint) as a @keenelandsales yearling, 1977. She sold for $275K. Her dam was a brilliant GSW and great producer, and Terlingua was a brilliant MGSW, best known as the dam of (drum roll) Storm Cat.
Sparrow Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales