Old Friends

Re: Old Friends

Postby djnorth » Fri May 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Also especially sad about Catlaunch, the OH champion.
djnorth

Postby nikita » Sat May 12, 2018 6:48 am

Seems like OF has a new, very famous retiree:

"[...] just as Blowen and his Old Friends crew rolled out the red carpet to recent arrivals A P Valentine, the classic-placed winner of the Champagne Stakes, and Nicanor, Barbaro’s full brother.

http://www.drf.com/news/hovdey-old-frie ... final-turn"

Wow, but there probably wasn't enough interest in him at stud.
nikita

Postby Izvestia » Mon May 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Why would there be much interest in Nicanor? He is not his brother.
I’m excited to see photos of AP Valentine, he was kind of a big deal for a little while!
Izvestia

Postby Ballerina » Mon May 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Izvestia wrote:Why would there be much interest in Nicanor? He is not his brother.
I’m excited to see photos of AP Valentine, he was kind of a big deal for a little while!

Nicanor, indeed, is Barbaro's FULL BROTHER. I did post some 13 photos of Old Friends most recognizable residents. Lots of work to post 13 photos. In 12 hours the read count on this thread increased by 100, yet not one person made a comment. I took the photos down because I concluded that TBC members weren't interested.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... y=T&rbt=TB
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Maybe if we had a "Like" option on these threads, you would have realized how much the photos were appreciated.
I'm glad I got the chance to see them once, but I'm sorry you took them down. :(
I think Lentenor is standing at stud; I've seen his offspring running.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ballerina » Mon May 14, 2018 10:33 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Maybe if we had a "Like" option on these threads, you would have realized how much the photos were appreciated.
I'm glad I got the chance to see them once, but I'm sorry you took them down. :(

Yeah, it's really a lot of trouble to say thanks or nice photos. It's not just this or me, I find a lot of members go to a lot of trouble posting information with nary any recognition. What's so hard about saying thank you. Yeah, I know, I'll get creamed for saying this. But if it's on the tip of my tongue, it comes out verbally or in writing, and I couldn't care less who disagrees or feels recognition isn't warranted. I've posted photos on TBC for years, but I've grown tired of wondering if anyone is interested based on so little feedback.
Ballerina

Postby Curtis » Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Ballerina wrote:
Izvestia wrote:Why would there be much interest in Nicanor? He is not his brother.

Nicanor, indeed, is Barbaro's FULL BROTHER. I did post some 13 photos of Old Friends most recognizable residents. Lots of work to post 13 photos. In 12 hours the read count on this thread increased by 100, yet not one person made a comment. I took the photos down because I concluded that TBC members weren't interested.

Was keeping the photos up causing a problem?
Curtis

Postby Ballerina » Mon May 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Curtis wrote:Nicanor, indeed, is Barbaro's FULL BROTHER. I did post some 13 photos of Old Friends most recognizable residents. Lots of work to post 13 photos. In 12 hours the read count on this thread increased by 100, yet not one person made a comment. I took the photos down because I concluded that TBC members weren't interested.

Was keeping the photos up causing a problem?[/quote]

Yeah, it appeared that no one was interested - as I already said.
Ballerina

Postby Diver52 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:45 am

Hey, I started this thread but it evolved into a Blowen bash, plus I am not smart enough to post photos. I never saw Ballerina' s posts, which I would love to see. BTW I visited AP and Chrome Derby week--big thrill--i would have liked to go to 3 Chimneys' open house but we had visits booked for Hagyard-Mcgee clinic and the Secretariat Center rehab facility near the Kentucky Horse Park. Both very worthwhile.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby FlyToTheStars » Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 am

Ballerina wrote:

UHmm when did you post the photos? I didn't see them :?: Sorry to miss these pictures
FlyToTheStars

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales