Lady Eli

Lady Eli

Postby FlyToTheStars » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:46 am

Does anyone have a contact to Sheep Ponds partners? I originally planned to go to Keeneland Sales in November to see her sell but 'unfortunately' I will not be able to attend. I am due that month (which I recently found out about the pregnancy). I am hoping to find a chance to meet her at Hill n Dale over the late spring or summer because the sales is a big no-no since I am supposed to stay within 1 hour radius as a precaution in Nov. It is 3.5 hours away from home.

I know contacting HnD directly will be a automatic decline to see a particular mare (Lady Eli), I wish the old general manager (John Ramsey) was still there, he let me see Silverbulletday twice, along with Lady Tak and Teeming's yearlings who were in the next paddock over. I recall him saying that Pegram allows his mares to be seen but now the new manager would not allow it- guess they aren't as generous.

HELP?!?!?!?! (I bet she will be sold overseas and I wanted to grab the chance to meet her before she sells)
FlyToTheStars
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Lady Eli

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:05 pm

I suppose she already has been bred to War Front considering this is already mid April. I did a Google search in case there was some news about her, but found nothing current.

If Hill n Dale is one of the farms on one of the scheduled tours, that might be a chance to see her or at least ask some of the farm employees about her. Here's a good resource about the various farm tours available: http://www.bluegrasskentucky.com/horse- ... -tours-new

Wish I could be of more help.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: Lady Eli

Postby Flanders » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:40 am

Unless you can find like their personal phone numbers or email address I don't know how else you are going to contact them. They aren't a syndicate just 4 people who own horses together.

Also I don't know if they would let people see her, isn't she known to be aggressive? Like biting and kicking at people?
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: Lady Eli

Postby sweettalk » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:56 am

Flanders wrote:Unless you can find like their personal phone numbers or email address I don't know how else you are going to contact them. They aren't a syndicate just 4 people who own horses together.

Also I don't know if they would let people see her, isn't she known to be aggressive? Like biting and kicking at people?

i heard she's mellowed a lot since retiring, maybe in a twitter post. i don't remember =\
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
User avatar
sweettalk
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Lady Eli

Postby Private Thoughts » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Honestly if you are able to write to them and explain how much you like her, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I loved Alydar more than anything in the world, I wrote to Margaret Glass, who used to be the secretary at the farm, sent her a long sappy letter, and a poem, which she went over like a teacher, correcting things here and there. But she sent me several awesome photos, which I treasure, a stallion brochure and invited me to visit him in person, when the farm was closed to the public.

It started a long friendship and several yearly visits to see my hero.

All they can say is no, but getting a letter, instead of an email, impresses lots of folks. Why not take the chance. Best of luck! :D

I also was able to visit Trillion as well by writing her owner.
User avatar
Private Thoughts
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Lady Eli

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Private Thoughts wrote:I loved Alydar more than anything in the world...


I'm always delighted when I see Alydar in a pedigree. Don't see his name a lot anymore and I think that's sad. Whatever the truth about his fatal injury, he died way too soon at just 15. There's an awful lot in life that simply is not fair. What happened to Alydar is one of them.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: Lady Eli

Postby FlyToTheStars » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:01 am

Private Thoughts wrote:Honestly if you are able to write to them and explain how much you like her, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I loved Alydar more than anything in the world, I wrote to Margaret Glass, who used to be the secretary at the farm, sent her a long sappy letter, and a poem, which she went over like a teacher, correcting things here and there. But she sent me several awesome photos, which I treasure, a stallion brochure and invited me to visit him in person, when the farm was closed to the public.

It started a long friendship and several yearly visits to see my hero.

All they can say is no, but getting a letter, instead of an email, impresses lots of folks. Why not take the chance. Best of luck! :D

I also was able to visit Trillion as well by writing her owner.


Worth a try! Should I try HnD's general physical address? I don't see Sheep Ponds' anywhere so I guess HnD is the best way to go?
FlyToTheStars
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Lady Eli

Postby FlyToTheStars » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:01 am

sweettalk wrote:
Flanders wrote:Unless you can find like their personal phone numbers or email address I don't know how else you are going to contact them. They aren't a syndicate just 4 people who own horses together.

Also I don't know if they would let people see her, isn't she known to be aggressive? Like biting and kicking at people?

i heard she's mellowed a lot since retiring, maybe in a twitter post. i don't remember =\


ye, the article was from Thoroughbredracing.com
FlyToTheStars
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Lady Eli

Postby Private Thoughts » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:13 pm

Years ago, and maybe there still is, there was a breeders book that came out every year that had the name and address of all the major breeders and owners in the sport. If you could track that down perhaps that would help.

The Keeneland Library is also very helpful with locating information you might need.

And yes, I would try writing to Hill N' Dale as well.

Best of luck! :)
User avatar
Private Thoughts
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm
Location: Kentucky


Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests