Lady Eli

Re: Lady Eli

Postby Private Thoughts » Wed May 30, 2018 3:59 pm

I think I would shoot for the top, myself. If he isn't the right person, his secretary will no doubt pass it on to the right person.

My experience, as a fan only, with many of the farms is that they are flattered that somebody would take the time to write to them. Sure they might be busy, but fans are part of the industry just as much as the breeders, sales companies, vets, feed stores, etc. Many of them started out as a fan themselves.

There are right and wrong ways to go about things, and being respectful and kind goes along way.

Best of luck. :)
Private Thoughts

Postby Old Bones » Wed May 30, 2018 5:03 pm

In a recent trip to Hill n' Dale the subject of Lady Eli came up as we were close to her barn. I got the impression that she has not mellowed and that allowing visits isn't something they would do with her. They did mention that she has been bred to War Front.
Old Bones

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:15 pm

I do remember reading that she is a mare with a lot of attitude...and that she still bites. :oops: ;)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby FlyToTheStars » Thu May 31, 2018 8:41 am

Private Thoughts wrote:I think I would shoot for the top, myself. If he isn't the right person, his secretary will no doubt pass it on to the right person.

My experience, as a fan only, with many of the farms is that they are flattered that somebody would take the time to write to them. Sure they might be busy, but fans are part of the industry just as much as the breeders, sales companies, vets, feed stores, etc. Many of them started out as a fan themselves.

There are right and wrong ways to go about things, and being respectful and kind goes along way.

Best of luck. :)

I will attempt that then. Hopefully hear back at some point.

I did talk to her exercise rider who saw her recently- mentioned he could pet her for 5 seconds before she tried to bite. She is in foal.
FlyToTheStars

Previous

Return to Breeding & Sales