2018 foals

Re: 2018 foals

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:44 pm

mariasmon wrote:Where is this live chat happening?

On YouTube, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS4CFB60nG8

There was a live chat like that when Colerful Bride fell in her stall a few days ago. I stopped reading when the participants started quarreling and saying the mare was favoring a leg, which I definitely did not see. It was a very scary moment, but the mare did not look injured.

Right now they are speculating that the mare went to a vet clinic, but it looks still bright outside, so maybe she is still out in the paddock.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby lurkey mclurker » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Given the recent events, I don't really think she's out in her paddock... :?
lurkey mclurker

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Kelly Ann said that Via had 'tremors and full body shakes.' A horse in great discomfort may show those symptoms, so I'm worried. Hope some good news comes along soon.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:38 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:Given the recent events, I don't really think she's out in her paddock... :?

Sorry Lurkey, just hoping for the best and I didn't know what happened prior to when I got home from work and checked the live feed.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby short_lead » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:08 pm

I did think it odd that Via seemed to be foaling last night, up and down, and even giving a little "push" here and there before getting up. Was out in the paddock before I had to leave and now just came back to see these posts. It would seem that something is up but I hope she and her foal (born or not yet) are OK.

Question: I imagine that it isn't common to do c-sections on mares but surely they would do so if the foal is not properly positioned to be born normally? I hope so. Been watching this one and Bird Town for the last couple of days (husband must think I'm nuts) but I do so hope all is well.
short_lead

Postby Summer Bird » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:15 pm

short_lead wrote:I did think it odd that Via seemed to be foaling last night, up and down, and even giving a little "push" here and there before getting up. Was out in the paddock before I had to leave and now just came back to see these posts. It would seem that something is up but I hope she and her foal (born or not yet) are OK.

Question: I imagine that it isn't common to do c-sections on mares but surely they would do so if the foal is not properly positioned to be born normally? I hope so. Been watching this one and Bird Town for the last couple of days (husband must think I'm nuts) but I do so hope all is well.

You can do c sections on the mare, but only for emergency situations if they can’t position the foal correctly. C sections take a lot out of a mare so you won’t be able to breed her for a whole year. I was also told that you can probably only do 4 c sections total on a mare.
Summer Bird

Postby short_lead » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Thank you, Summer Bird. Wishing the best for Via Veneto and her foal-to-be.
short_lead

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:13 pm

I just checked the live chat on YouTube for the live feed. Some people there said they heard back from someone at Foal Patrol or the farm. According to that person, the mare is definitely at the clinic.

I agree that what happened last night seemed odd, so much so that I thought to ask here if they would give a mare something to help with contractions. @Falinadin gave a superb explanation as to why it isn't common.

As we all do, I hope very much that they are able to help Via and her baby not only survive, but thrive. Saying some prayers tonight before going to bed.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Flanders » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:15 am

I hope the mare and foal are ok. There are so many different scenarios it could be.

Foalpatrol posted on her page:
"Via" We're With You...
April 26th, 2018
We've had so many Foal Patrol Fan's reaching wanting to know how Via Veneto is doing. Thank you for your concern. Right now, we've reached out to the farm and we will reply as soon as we know something...."
Flanders

Postby mariasmon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Via Veneto passed away, but fortunately her Bodemeister filly made it.
mariasmon

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales