2018 foals

Re: 2018 foals

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Runnymede Farm
1 hr ·
Big news at the farm: Bizzy Caroline, our MGSW and half sister to champion Lady Eli, has given us a stunning filly by Lane's End Farm's Union Rags. We couldn't be more excited -- she is definitely one of the very best foals of this year for us. She's big, she's strong and she's beautiful!
Sparrow Castle

Postby Della » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Congratulations, Sparrow Castle. That is one stunning filly foal. Enjoy!
Della

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Huge congratulations, Sparrow Castle. The filly is gorgeous. I'm a Union Rags fan, so wish you enormous luck with your filly. She's big, she's strong and she's beautiful...and her mamma, Caroline, obviously loves her. :D
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Oh she's not mine. I just posted a picture from Runnymede Farm's Facebook page. Been looking forward to this foal because Bizzy Caroline's a half-sister to Lady Eli by Afleet Alex, and there aren't many foals bred on this cross. Should be interesting to follow this little girl.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Treve » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:23 am

What a sweet photo!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Coolmore America @coolmoreamerica
3h3 hours ago
Yet another quality colt from the first North American crop of Champion Australian 2YO Vancouver. Bred by Jack Swain out of Gilded Miracle #CoolmoreSires #HomeOfChampions
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:44 pm

Buckland Sales @BucklandSales
11h11 hours ago
Wow. Talk about chrome...Beautiful, leggy CONGRATS colt born last night o/o Simply Stylish... mare will visit OUTWORK in ‘18. @WinStarFarm @Liamontheloose @SeanTugel
Sparrow Castle

Postby Personal Ensign » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 am

Bird Town seems to be a very active sleeper, she is stretched out but moving one of her hind legs like she is running :lol: but she also has been lifting it up like maybe she is having a leg cramp so I'm not sure.
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
W. C. Fields

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Personal Ensign

Postby serenassong » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:00 am

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
lurkey mclurker wrote:AFAIK Hill & Dale is doing them a favor having a feed up, so it's probably not 24/7 like it will be when they're back in New York. I haven't been able to see them at all since I've been back at work, it's always offline by the time I get home. :|

Bird Town is keeping me entertained, though. How that girl loves her sleep. :lol:

Bird Town is such an interesting mare and yes, very entertaining in her way. I hope she has a smooth delivery and lovely foal.

There's a live feed of Colerful Bride, the mare who is carrying the foal for The People's Horse/Taylor Made experiment in crowd-sourcing ownership. Feed is here if you want to watch: https://peopleshorse.com/pages/horsecam-1
They have sound in addition to video. I find the mare's sounds soothing. Right now, 10:15pm eastern, Colerful is eating the feed in her tub. She's due this Friday.

Thanks for that, I will be checking in

It seems that Via Veneto is a cribber- or is that something else she does?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Runnymede Farm
2 hrs ·
A beautiful blessing this week: the newborn half sister, by Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, to G1 winner Collected! This chestnut beauty is both winsome and well-conformed -- everything we hoped she could be. Congratulations to our partners in this foal and her dam, the Johannesburg mare Helena Bay, who has a knockout yearling colt by Hard Spun and is due to visit Curlin this spring
Sparrow Castle

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales