2018 foals

Sparrow Castle

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Runnymede Farm
1 hr ·
Big news at the farm: Bizzy Caroline, our MGSW and half sister to champion Lady Eli, has given us a stunning filly by Lane's End Farm's Union Rags. We couldn't be more excited -- she is definitely one of the very best foals of this year for us. She's big, she's strong and she's beautiful!
Della

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Congratulations, Sparrow Castle. That is one stunning filly foal. Enjoy!
Ridan_Remembered

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Huge congratulations, Sparrow Castle. The filly is gorgeous. I'm a Union Rags fan, so wish you enormous luck with your filly. She's big, she's strong and she's beautiful...and her mamma, Caroline, obviously loves her. :D
Sparrow Castle

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Oh she's not mine. I just posted a picture from Runnymede Farm's Facebook page. Been looking forward to this foal because Bizzy Caroline's a half-sister to Lady Eli by Afleet Alex, and there aren't many foals bred on this cross. Should be interesting to follow this little girl.
Treve

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:23 am

What a sweet photo!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Sparrow Castle

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Coolmore America @coolmoreamerica
3h3 hours ago
Yet another quality colt from the first North American crop of Champion Australian 2YO Vancouver. Bred by Jack Swain out of Gilded Miracle #CoolmoreSires #HomeOfChampions
Sparrow Castle

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:44 pm

Buckland Sales @BucklandSales
11h11 hours ago
Wow. Talk about chrome...Beautiful, leggy CONGRATS colt born last night o/o Simply Stylish... mare will visit OUTWORK in ‘18. @WinStarFarm @Liamontheloose @SeanTugel
Personal Ensign

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 am

Bird Town seems to be a very active sleeper, she is stretched out but moving one of her hind legs like she is running :lol: but she also has been lifting it up like maybe she is having a leg cramp so I'm not sure.
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
W. C. Fields

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
serenassong

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:00 am

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
lurkey mclurker wrote:AFAIK Hill & Dale is doing them a favor having a feed up, so it's probably not 24/7 like it will be when they're back in New York. I haven't been able to see them at all since I've been back at work, it's always offline by the time I get home. :|

Bird Town is keeping me entertained, though. How that girl loves her sleep. :lol:
Bird Town is such an interesting mare and yes, very entertaining in her way. I hope she has a smooth delivery and lovely foal.

There's a live feed of Colerful Bride, the mare who is carrying the foal for The People's Horse/Taylor Made experiment in crowd-sourcing ownership. Feed is here if you want to watch: https://peopleshorse.com/pages/horsecam-1
They have sound in addition to video. I find the mare's sounds soothing. Right now, 10:15pm eastern, Colerful is eating the feed in her tub. She's due this Friday.
Thanks for that, I will be checking in

It seems that Via Veneto is a cribber- or is that something else she does?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Sparrow Castle

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Runnymede Farm
2 hrs ·
A beautiful blessing this week: the newborn half sister, by Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, to G1 winner Collected! This chestnut beauty is both winsome and well-conformed -- everything we hoped she could be. Congratulations to our partners in this foal and her dam, the Johannesburg mare Helena Bay, who has a knockout yearling colt by Hard Spun and is due to visit Curlin this spring
Sparrow Castle

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Godolphin Verified account @godolphin
18m18 minutes ago
Love Style (dam of Scat Daddy) and her 12-day-old Tapit filly enjoying the sunshine this morning at #JonabellFarm
Video: https://twitter.com/godolphin/status/984500324600721408
Treve

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Runnymede Farm
2 hrs ·
A beautiful blessing this week: the newborn half sister, by Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, to G1 winner Collected! This chestnut beauty is both winsome and well-conformed -- everything we hoped she could be. Congratulations to our partners in this foal and her dam, the Johannesburg mare Helena Bay, who has a knockout yearling colt by Hard Spun and is due to visit Curlin this spring
D'aw look at that exquisite little baby face!

I also love the chrome on the Congrats!

The Vancouver seems well put together.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Retrospectiv

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 pm

serenassong wrote:
Thanks for that, I will be checking in

It seems that Via Veneto is a cribber- or is that something else she does?
She's definitely a cribber......
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Ridan_Remembered

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Over at Taylor Made in the barn where Colerful Bride is being watched by the camera, there is music playing and the mare is quietly munching her hay (about 9:25pm eastern). She seems like such a sweetheart of a mare. She's is carrying a filly and her due date is tomorrow, but she doesn't look very close to giving birth yet.
Personal Ensign

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:18 pm

How old is a foal when they get their lip stamp? Is it after they have been named?
W. C. Fields

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Izvestia

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:25 pm

We did them at 2, when training at the track, just before their first gate work.
Personal Ensign

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Thanks Izvestia

Bird Town is so funny, she is standing with her butt against the door at the back of her stall moving her butt from side to side basically scratching herself.
W. C. Fields

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Retrospectiv

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Personal Ensign wrote:How old is a foal when they get their lip stamp? Is it after they have been named?
Normally done just before their 1st start. Why you'll find many track trained but unraced horses who are not tattooed. Didn't quite get close enough to a start to bother tattooing.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Izvestia

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Yeah, I might have remembered wrong - before 1st start!
sweettalk

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 pm

i read from someone on twitter that once a foal is born, their legs do not ever grow, just their bodies. this doesn't seem to be accurate and i have a lot of questions. like i'm 3% sure they absolutely do, but uh... this is an actual thing.