Matings 2018

Re: Matings 2018

Postby sweettalk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 am

nicks a C w arrogate, A or better with tapit, tiznow, into mischief, to honor and serve, and shackleford. oh well, her mare. zenyatta was a C (i think) before she was zenyatta, so i guess anything can happen.
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
User avatar
sweettalk
 
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Matings 2018

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:16 am

Dickinson -> Curlin
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3598
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Matings 2018

Postby Ballerina » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:50 pm

sweettalk wrote:nicks a C w arrogate, A or better with tapit, tiznow, into mischief, to honor and serve, and shackleford. oh well, her mare. zenyatta was a C (i think) before she was zenyatta, so i guess anything can happen.


Well, yeah, breeding more oft then not is a crap shoot, but True Nicks is a good tool. I would have thought either Tapit or Bernardini both A++ - Bernardini being a similar style to Songbird.
User avatar
Ballerina
 
Posts: 2589
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Re: Matings 2018

Postby Treve » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Ballerina wrote:
sweettalk wrote:nicks a C w arrogate, A or better with tapit, tiznow, into mischief, to honor and serve, and shackleford. oh well, her mare. zenyatta was a C (i think) before she was zenyatta, so i guess anything can happen.


Well, yeah, breeding more oft then not is a crap shoot, but True Nicks is a good tool. I would have thought either Tapit or Bernardini both A++ - Bernardini being a similar style to Songbird.


Bernadini would've been the same cross as Rachel's Valentina who turned out to be a G1 winner.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 2967
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Matings 2018

Postby mariasmon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Dickinson -> Curlin


Yuck
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Matings 2018

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:32 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Dickinson -> Curlin


Yuck

Yeah, I didn't think it was a very exciting match, not getting many graded stakes winners.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3598
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Matings 2018

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Hill 'n' Dale Farms‏ @HillnDaleFarm
Bubbler dam of Champion Arrogate will be visiting Curlin in 2018!
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3598
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Matings 2018

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:27 pm

I'd be interested in knowing their thinking here. Isn't there a son of UBS out there good enough for her?
Maybe the problem is that UBS hasn't actually sired any really good stallions? :?
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 8115
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Matings 2018

Postby mariasmon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:46 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'd be interested in knowing their thinking here. Isn't there a son of UBS out there good enough for her?
Maybe the problem is that UBS hasn't actually sired any really good stallions? :?


That worries me, but I'd still try Arrogate on a mare proven with UBS, like Lemons Forever. I wouldn't mind seeing Bubbler go to something else from the Unbridled line (Empire Maker, POTN, Pharoah...take your pick).
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Matings 2018

Postby Treve » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:56 pm

mariasmon wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'd be interested in knowing their thinking here. Isn't there a son of UBS out there good enough for her?
Maybe the problem is that UBS hasn't actually sired any really good stallions? :?


That worries me, but I'd still try Arrogate on a mare proven with UBS, like Lemons Forever. I wouldn't mind seeing Bubbler go to something else from the Unbridled line (Empire Maker, POTN, Pharoah...take your pick).


After reading the article I feel they should've gone with their first gut pick for Songbird, Pioneerof the Nile. Even Empire Maker would have been an interesting (and proven) choice, I really don't think Arrogate is even a great match for her physically and conformationally they do not complement each other or compensate each other's flaws.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 2967
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests