Matings 2018

User avatar
Starine
Posts: 3955
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Avenge --> Frankel
Kelly Kip
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 am

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Glen Hill Farm

2018 Broodmare Band and Matings
Audubon Park-Classic Empire
Biorhythm-Bodemeister
Broken Dreams-Curlin
Closeout-Speightstown
Customer Base-Kitten's Joy
Educating-Kitten's Joy
Emerald Gold-Uncle Mo
Emphatically-American Pharoah
Family Meeting-Kitten's Joy
Global Gold-Quality Road
Grat-Maclean's Music
Hassler-Frosted
Hoosier Girl-Distorted Humor
How-Medaglia D'Oro
Indy Groove-American Pharoah
Key Component-Distorted Humor
Last Resort-Bayern
Little Miss S.-Maclean's Music
Marketing Mix-Quality Road
Mutually Benefit-Curlin
Photographer-Pioneerof the Nile
Promotional-Nyquist
Sly Storm-Arrogate
Summer Dress-Summer Front
Theatre Star-Pioneerof the Nile
Tocco-Practical Joke
Voiced-Kitten's Joy
Izvestia
Posts: 3779
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 pm

I cannot wait to see a Quality Road-Marketing Mix foal!!!
Izvestia
Posts: 3779
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Canadian HOY Caren to Curlin
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:05 pm

Izvestia wrote:Songbird to Arrogate

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/so ... Y.facebook
You could have knocked me over with a feather. Not that Arrogate isnt a good horse- but to mate a maiden mare to an unproven sire is risky . It's her money, but he hasnt even covered a booked mare yet- Im assuming that he has perhaps had some test breedings so far?

Watch the foal grow up into a champion :D

I was really thinking AP, then Arrogate possibly

If your a Forty Niner fan, you will like the cross
http://www.truenicks.com/free-reports/h ... e=Songbird
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Izvestia wrote:I cannot wait to see a Quality Road-Marketing Mix foal!!!
That one jumped off the screen at me- great minds think alike :D
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4159
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 pm

I'm stunned about Songbird going to Arrogate.
With Pope's love of Tapit, the fact he's a proven sire (and to boot truenicks gave them a good grade) I was nearly certain she'd have gone to him. Possiiiiibly American Pharoah. I suppose Arrogate would've been my third guess though.
:D
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4721
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:25 pm

I'm surprised about Songbird going to Arrogate too. I hope he has plenty of practice first and can handle a maiden mare. A bit unusual I think.
KimmieB
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 pm

Treve wrote:I'm stunned about Songbird going to Arrogate.
With Pope's love of Tapit, the fact he's a proven sire (and to boot truenicks gave them a good grade) I was nearly certain she'd have gone to him. Possiiiiibly American Pharoah. I suppose Arrogate would've been my third guess though.
:D
It says in the Bloodhorse article (at the bottom), that she will be going to Tapit in 2019. :lol:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... te-in-2018

edit: grammar and spelling.
sweettalk
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 am

nicks a C w arrogate, A or better with tapit, tiznow, into mischief, to honor and serve, and shackleford. oh well, her mare. zenyatta was a C (i think) before she was zenyatta, so i guess anything can happen.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4721
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:16 am

Dickinson -> Curlin
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3045
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:50 pm

sweettalk wrote:nicks a C w arrogate, A or better with tapit, tiznow, into mischief, to honor and serve, and shackleford. oh well, her mare. zenyatta was a C (i think) before she was zenyatta, so i guess anything can happen.
Well, yeah, breeding more oft then not is a crap shoot, but True Nicks is a good tool. I would have thought either Tapit or Bernardini both A++ - Bernardini being a similar style to Songbird.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4159
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Ballerina wrote:
sweettalk wrote:nicks a C w arrogate, A or better with tapit, tiznow, into mischief, to honor and serve, and shackleford. oh well, her mare. zenyatta was a C (i think) before she was zenyatta, so i guess anything can happen.
Well, yeah, breeding more oft then not is a crap shoot, but True Nicks is a good tool. I would have thought either Tapit or Bernardini both A++ - Bernardini being a similar style to Songbird.
Bernadini would've been the same cross as Rachel's Valentina who turned out to be a G1 winner.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3830
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Dickinson -> Curlin
Yuck
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4721
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:32 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Dickinson -> Curlin
Yuck
Yeah, I didn't think it was a very exciting match, not getting many graded stakes winners.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4721
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Hill 'n' Dale Farms‏ @HillnDaleFarm
Bubbler dam of Champion Arrogate will be visiting Curlin in 2018!
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9542
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:27 pm

I'd be interested in knowing their thinking here. Isn't there a son of UBS out there good enough for her?
Maybe the problem is that UBS hasn't actually sired any really good stallions? :?
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3830
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:46 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'd be interested in knowing their thinking here. Isn't there a son of UBS out there good enough for her?
Maybe the problem is that UBS hasn't actually sired any really good stallions? :?
That worries me, but I'd still try Arrogate on a mare proven with UBS, like Lemons Forever. I wouldn't mind seeing Bubbler go to something else from the Unbridled line (Empire Maker, POTN, Pharoah...take your pick).
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4159
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:56 pm

mariasmon wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'd be interested in knowing their thinking here. Isn't there a son of UBS out there good enough for her?
Maybe the problem is that UBS hasn't actually sired any really good stallions? :?
That worries me, but I'd still try Arrogate on a mare proven with UBS, like Lemons Forever. I wouldn't mind seeing Bubbler go to something else from the Unbridled line (Empire Maker, POTN, Pharoah...take your pick).
After reading the article I feel they should've gone with their first gut pick for Songbird, Pioneerof the Nile. Even Empire Maker would have been an interesting (and proven) choice, I really don't think Arrogate is even a great match for her physically and conformationally they do not complement each other or compensate each other's flaws.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Post Reply