2018 Stallion Fees

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby bare it all » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 am

I loved Congaree as a racehorse. Glad he's still around, regardless of fee or size of book.

Who am I forgetting as to why they wouldnt have Quality Road's fee set yet?
User avatar
bare it all
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Point Given » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:57 am

bare it all wrote:I loved Congaree as a racehorse. Glad he's still around, regardless of fee or size of book.

Who am I forgetting as to why they wouldnt have Quality Road's fee set yet?


Maybe Abel Tasman in the Distaff?
Point Given
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Horsebagger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Another young stallion who's babies I'd keep an eye on at the sales next year is Daredevil. For $7,500, I think he's very attractive and affordable, and I was impressed with the handful of weanlings I've seen so far this year.
Horsebagger
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Medaglia d'Oro's stud fee increased to $200,000
http://www.drf.com/news/medaglia-doros-stud-fee-increased-200000

Following is the complete list of advertised 2018 stud fees for Darley’s U.S. stallion roster.

Kentucky
Animal Kingdom - $30,000
Astern (NEW) - $15,000
Bernardini - $85,000
Frosted - $50,000
Hard Spun - $40,000
Medaglia d’Oro - $200,000
Midshipman - $8,500
Nyquist - $40,000
Street Boss - $20,000
Street Sense - $35,000

New York
Alpha - $5,000
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3554
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby bare it all » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Abel Tasman is a nice filly and I'm realizing Quality Road has Salty on his resume as well. Frank Conversation is slated to run in the BC, too. Have to give QR some credit - he's getting some good runners.

Nyquist at $40k seems a bit much to me. I love Uncle Mo, but man, that's quite a bit for a Derby winner who didn't do much else. I like Animal Kingdom and I hope his babies keep running well on the dirt. I feel like he's a bubble horse in more ways that most because of his "grassy" pedigree.
User avatar
bare it all
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Hard Spun seems like a bargain, especially compared to Nyquist at the same price.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 8097
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Treve » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Isn't 40k the same price Nyquist stood at this season? I guess he got enough interest to maintain.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Miss Woodford » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Following is the complete list of advertised fees for the 2018 Lane’s End stallion roster.

Langfuhr - $5,000
[/b]

http://www.drf.com/news/connect-debut-20000-lanes-end

I really expected this old guy (he'll be 26 next season) to be pensioned. $5k is a bargain basement price for him IMO.
User avatar
Miss Woodford
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby serenassong » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Miss Woodford wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Following is the complete list of advertised fees for the 2018 Lane’s End stallion roster.

Langfuhr - $5,000
[/b]

http://www.drf.com/news/connect-debut-20000-lanes-end

I really expected this old guy (he'll be 26 next season) to be pensioned. $5k is a bargain basement price for him IMO.


How old was Mr. P when he was pensioned- he was up there, but cant remember.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Flanders » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:49 pm

serenassong wrote:
Miss Woodford wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Following is the complete list of advertised fees for the 2018 Lane’s End stallion roster.

Langfuhr - $5,000
[/b]

http://www.drf.com/news/connect-debut-20000-lanes-end

I really expected this old guy (he'll be 26 next season) to be pensioned. $5k is a bargain basement price for him IMO.


How old was Mr. P when he was pensioned- he was up there, but cant remember.

He never was. He stood the 1999 season (age 29) and then coliced in the summer and was put down.
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests