2018 Stallion Fees

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Spendthrift sets 2018 stud fees
Stallions - 2018 Stands & Nurses Fee
Into Mischief - $100,000 – BOOK FULL
Malibu Moon - $75,000
Lord Nelson - NEW - $25,000
Jimmy Creed - $15,000
Temple City - $15,000
Brody’s Cause - $12,500
Goldencents - $12,500
Dominus - $10,000
Gormley - NEW - $10,000
Wicked Strong - $10,000
Cross Traffic - $7,500
Flat Out - $7,000
Hit It a Bomb - $7,000
Palace - $6,000
Race Day - $6,000
Cinco Charlie - $5,000
Itsmyluckyday - $5,000
Liaison - $5,000
Shakin It Up - $5,000
Warrior's Reward - $5,000
Danza - $4,000
Medal Count - $3,500
Can the Man - $3,500
Tom’s Ready - NEW - TBD
http://www.spendthriftfarm.com/articles/spendthrift-sets-2018-stud-fees-led-by-into-mischief-at-100000.html
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Darby Dan Announces 2018 Stud Fees

Dialed In - $25,000
Jersey Town - TBD
Perfect Soul - $2,000
Run Away and Hide - $10,000
Shackleford - $20,000
Sky Kingdom - $5,000
Tale of Ekati - $7,500
Tapiture - $7,500

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/224254/darby-dan-announces-2018-stud-fees
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Lord Nelson - NEW - $25,000

I'd add another $5,000 just for him surviving laminitis. ;) :P Really hope he has a great career.
ETA: Is is just me...or does it feel like Spendthrift has a LOT of stallions? :shock:
I wonder what a new stallion (or older who may not be in fashion ATM) has to accomplish to keep a stall there?
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 8102
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby mariasmon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Lord Nelson - NEW - $25,000

I'd add another $5,000 just for him surviving laminitis. ;) :P Really hope he has a great career.
ETA: Is is just me...or does it feel like Spendthrift has a LOT of stallions? :shock:
I wonder what a new stallion (or older who may not be in fashion ATM) has to accomplish to keep a stall there?


They have 24 and WinStar has 22. WinStar has a larger percentage of well-established stallions, though. Spendthrift's strategy seems to be something like throwing a lot of stuff at a wall to see what sticks. There was a time when Lane's End stood a similar number, but their current roster is 16.
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby bare it all » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 am

I mean, we all knew it was coming, but gosh dang, Into Mischief for $100,000. He started at $12,500 way back when in 2009.
User avatar
bare it all
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby TBird » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 am

bare it all wrote:I mean, we all knew it was coming, but gosh dang, Into Mischief for $100,000. He started at $12,500 way back when in 2009.


His stud fee is a moot point as his book has been full since August.
TBird
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:09 am

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Following is the complete list of 2018 advertised fees for the Taylor Made Stallions roster.

Astrology - $5,000
California Chrome - $40,000
Graydar - $7,500
Midnight Storm (NEW) - $12,500
Mshawish - $15,000
Northern Afleet - $5,000
Not This Time - $15,000

http://www.drf.com/news/california-chrome-stays-40000-taylor-made
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:45 pm

Following is the complete list of advertised fees for the 2018 Lane’s End stallion roster.

Candy Ride – TBD
Connect (NEW) - $20,000
Honor Code - $40,000
Langfuhr - $5,000
Lemon Drop Kid - $25,000
Liam’s Map - $25,000
Mineshaft - $25,000
Morning Line - $7,500
Mr Speaker - $10,000
Noble Mission - $20,000
Quality Road – TBD
The Factor – Japan for 2018
Tonalist - $30,000
Twirling Candy - $25,000
Unified (NEW) - $10,000
Union Rags – TBD[/b]

http://www.drf.com/news/connect-debut-20000-lanes-end
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Treve » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:56 pm

mariasmon wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Lord Nelson - NEW - $25,000

I'd add another $5,000 just for him surviving laminitis. ;) :P Really hope he has a great career.
ETA: Is is just me...or does it feel like Spendthrift has a LOT of stallions? :shock:
I wonder what a new stallion (or older who may not be in fashion ATM) has to accomplish to keep a stall there?


They have 24 and WinStar has 22. WinStar has a larger percentage of well-established stallions, though. Spendthrift's strategy seems to be something like throwing a lot of stuff at a wall to see what sticks. There was a time when Lane's End stood a similar number, but their current roster is 16.


I think Spendthrift is also currently experimenting with various fee/payment structures not to mention various bloodlines. I remember reading something once that made me go "huh. That's certainly outside the box." but now I can't remember what it was exactly.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: 2018 Stallion Fees

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Too Much Bling's stud fee increases for 2018

Following is the complete list of 2018 stud fees for the Valor Farm roster:
Bradester - $3,500
Congaree - $3,000
Crossbow - $2,000
Early Flyer - $2,500
Grasshopper - $3,500
My Golden Song - $5,000
Stonesider - $2,000
Too Much Bling - $6,500

http://www.drf.com/news/too-much-blings-stud-fee-increases-2018
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests