2017 Keeneland November Sale

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby mariasmon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Twirl by Galileo-Butterfly Cove by Storm Cat; full to Misty for Me, Ballydoyle in foal to Curlin gets a final bid of $3.1M.

RNA


That's absurd, if the live money was anywhere near the $3.1 mil RNA.
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby tachyon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:34 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:163, Tammy the Torpedo, should be attractive to someone like Coolmore. A winning More Than Ready mare in foal to War Front? ;) And she's really pretty.
$1,650,000.
ETA: She sold to Dr. Masatake Iida. Anyone familiar with who this is?


Dr. Masatake Iida is an owner-breeder in Japan.
http://www.chiyoda-farm.com/

He purchased Lady Joanne(USA) before.
He has some broodmares in the US to be bred to US stallions and now races 2yo filly Dream It Is(USA)(by Shackleford) in the US, too.
tachyon
 
Posts: 3077
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby mariasmon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:49 pm

tachyon wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:163, Tammy the Torpedo, should be attractive to someone like Coolmore. A winning More Than Ready mare in foal to War Front? ;) And she's really pretty.
$1,650,000.
ETA: She sold to Dr. Masatake Iida. Anyone familiar with who this is?


Dr. Masatake Iida is an owner-breeder in Japan.
http://www.chiyoda-farm.com/

He purchased Lady Joanne(USA) before.
He has some broodmares in the US to be bred to US stallions and now races 2yo filly Dream It Is(USA)(by Shackleford) in the US, too.


She is a nice mare. Looks exactly like More Than Ready. I think Dr. Iida got a good one.
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby tachyon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:07 pm

mariasmon wrote:
tachyon wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:163, Tammy the Torpedo, should be attractive to someone like Coolmore. A winning More Than Ready mare in foal to War Front? ;) And she's really pretty.
$1,650,000.
ETA: She sold to Dr. Masatake Iida. Anyone familiar with who this is?


Dr. Masatake Iida is an owner-breeder in Japan.
http://www.chiyoda-farm.com/

He purchased Lady Joanne(USA) before.
He has some broodmares in the US to be bred to US stallions and now races 2yo filly Dream It Is(USA)(by Shackleford) in the US, too.


She is a nice mare. Looks exactly like More Than Ready. I think Dr. Iida got a good one.


Glad to hear that!!
tachyon
 
Posts: 3077
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby TapitsGal » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Airoforce only sold for 12k? To who? Or Was he an rna? And who bought long on value?
TapitsGal
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 pm

TapitsGal wrote:Airoforce only sold for 12k? To who? Or Was he an rna? And who bought long on value?

Joe Nevills‏ @DRFNevills
Hip 2814, Airoforce, a G2W Colonel John colt, goes to Jeff Jeans of Texas for $12k. He could run again if he clears the vet's list. If not, he'll stand in a regional market such as Indiana or Louisiana. #KeeNov
Image
Image

Joe Nevills‏ @DRFNevills
Hip 2884A, Long on Value, a G3W Value Plus horse, will go to the barn of trainer @bradcoxracing after closing today's session of #KeeNov at $100k.
Image
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3598
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby Miss Woodford » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:29 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:
TapitsGal wrote:Airoforce only sold for 12k? To who? Or Was he an rna? And who bought long on value?

Joe Nevills‏ @DRFNevills
Hip 2814, Airoforce, a G2W Colonel John colt, goes to Jeff Jeans of Texas for $12k. He could run again if he clears the vet's list. If not, he'll stand in a regional market such as Indiana or Louisiana. #KeeNov
Image
Image


He's a really nice looking horse (trying not to be swayed by his dapples), I'm surprised he sold that low.
User avatar
Miss Woodford
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby Sparrow Castle » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 am

I watched some of the last part of Session 8 and was surprised that so many of these stallions and geldings sold for so little. I also was interested in what Ocean Knight would bring and am glad he was an OUT.

Morse Code is a 4 year old colt who comes from an excellent family. He's only had six starts and was in the money three times. He went for a claimer's price.

Joe Nevills‏ @DRFNevills
Hip 2861 Morse Code, a winning Tapit colt, half to Honor Code, Noble Tune, Lady Serena & Declarationofpeace, goes to David Meah as agent for a partnership for $32k. He'll go to the California barn of Richard Baltas and they'll try to boost his stallion credentials. #KeeNov

Wildcat Red is a MGSW Horse that they shipped to Meydan in 2017, which seemed to wipe out his year. I know he's tailed off but he earned over $1mil in his career.

Joe Nevills‏ @DRFNevills
Hip 2810, Wildcat Red, a G2W D'Wildcat horse, goes to @buck_pond_farm for $45k. Could run again, but long-term plan is to stand him at stud. #KeeNov

The results for Session 8:
http://flex.keeneland.com/summaries/summaries.html
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 3598
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby Izvestia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:06 am

Airoforce is by Colonel John out of a Cuvee mare, but has a pretty solid female family. Horse was good at 2 and Highly regarded early on at 3, but He's a turf horse with more of a dirt pedigree. Dad was exported to Korea, so that doesn't really help.... but $12,000!?!?

I love Long On Value. He looks awesome.
Izvestia
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Re: 2017 Keeneland November Sale

Postby Miss Woodford » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:I watched some of the last part of Session 8 and was surprised that so many of these stallions and geldings sold for so little. I also was interested in what Ocean Knight would bring and am glad he was an OUT.


Homage, a half-brother to Congrats and Flatter by War Front was just $9k. Maybe being the last horse of the sale hurt his price.
User avatar
Miss Woodford
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests