Brothers/Sisters of Top Proven Horses

Alywow

Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Graustark and His Majesty.
carole

Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:21 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Kind has done pretty well, with Bullet Train, Frankel and Noble Mission. I think there's also an OK colt, Morpheus?
I can't remember the name but she has a Grade 3 (or 2?) winning daughter too.
Flanders

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Easy Goer had a G1SWing full sister in Cadillacing and a G1SWing half sister in Easy Now.
MG1SW Educated Risk had a full brother SW Diamond, full sister G2Spw Hidden Reserve and half sister in CH/MG1SW Inside Information
CH/MG1SW Personal Ensign, full brother MG1SW Personal Flag
Serena's Song produced the full siblings G1SW Sophisticat, G2 Grand Reward, G3 Schramsburg, half siblings G2 Harlington, MSW Serena's Tune
Treve

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:19 pm

From what I've seen/heard Australia's half brother by Dubawi, Frontiersman is pretty promising.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Mel Mae

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Mariah's Storm had Giant's Causeway and You'resothrilling, who were both graded stakes winners. There were also four stakes placed horses from the cross. Basically all her foals are gold, if they can't run, they can produce (or in You'resothrilling's case, both)
Starine

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:27 am

Which reminds me -- How has Win Approval not won Broodmare of the Year yet?

She is the dam of:

Miesque's Approval (Miesque's Son) -- Champion Turf Male; Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) winner; millionaire

Za Approval (Ghostzapper) -- Grade III winner; runner-up in three grade I's; millionaire

Revved Up (Sultry Song) -- Grade II winner; won stakes ages 4 through 10 (exception age 6); millionaire

World Approval (Northern Afleet) -- Grade I winner

Pretty impressive resume, don't you think?
Treve

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Starine wrote:Which reminds me -- How has Win Approval not won Broodmare of the Year yet?

She is the dam of:

Miesque's Approval (Miesque's Son) -- Champion Turf Male; Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) winner; millionaire

Za Approval (Ghostzapper) -- Grade III winner; runner-up in three grade I's; millionaire

Revved Up (Sultry Song) -- Grade II winner; won stakes ages 4 through 10 (exception age 6); millionaire

I was just wondering the same thing! Broodmare of the decade more like :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Flanders

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Starine wrote:Which reminds me -- How has Win Approval not won Broodmare of the Year yet?

She is the dam of:

she foals in Florida. The award is Kentucky Broodmare of the Year.
Starine

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:34 pm

Ah. Well, it'd be nice for exceptional broodmares based outside of Kentucky to be recognized as well. ;) Win Approval could probably throw a graded stakes winner if she was covered by a donkey.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Mariah's Storm had Giant's Causeway and You'resothrilling, who were both graded stakes winners.

There's also GC's full brother, Freud, who has been top sire in NY for forever.
Treve

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Starine wrote:Ah. Well, it'd be nice for exceptional broodmares based outside of Kentucky to be recognized as well. ;) Win Approval could probably throw a graded stakes winner if she was covered by a donkey.
Introducing the Eclipse 'Blue Hen' award :D ?
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

BlindLucky

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Treve wrote:
Starine wrote:Ah. Well, it'd be nice for exceptional broodmares based outside of Kentucky to be recognized as well. ;) Win Approval could probably throw a graded stakes winner if she was covered by a donkey.
And it looks like World Approval is her last foal, so hopefully he'll break the million mark too.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Starine

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:30 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
Treve wrote:
And it looks like World Approval is her last foal, so hopefully he'll break the million mark too.
He's well on his his way with, what... $800,000+? And he's only four; considering how long his siblings ran I think he's got a good shot :)

And, Treve, I think the Blue Hen award is a great idea. Because good, even excellent broodmares exist outside the confines of Kentucky. ;)
serenassong

Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Serena's Song most successful fulls are Sophisticat and Grand Reward- both Graded Stakes Winners by Storm Cat
Broadway Joan produced both Fourstarallstar and Fourstardave-although she was unraced
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
KimmieB

Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:50 am

I know this is going back a few years.

Dace Smartly had Dancethruthedawn, and Scatter the Gold that were stakes winners.