My Favorite Time of the Year

Re: My Favorite Time of the Year

Postby Mel Mae » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:20 am

The colt is aiming for Keeneland September according to Wayne Sweezey but he told me it's going to be a challenge to get Mandy to actually send him to the sale.
Mel Mae

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Mel Mae wrote:The colt is aiming for Keeneland September according to Wayne Sweezey but he told me it's going to be a challenge to get Mandy to actually send him to the sale.

I thought it was this sale that he was entered (but, yes, good luck getting Pope to sell).
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mel Mae » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Admin wrote:
Mel Mae wrote:The colt is aiming for Keeneland September according to Wayne Sweezey but he told me it's going to be a challenge to get Mandy to actually send him to the sale.

I thought it was this sale that he was entered (but, yes, good luck getting Pope to sell).

The Plum Pretty was going to Saratoga and both the Aloof and Grace are entered in September. From the big four (Betterbetterbetter didn't have a foal last year), only Groupie's is the one not getting entered anywhere. This all comes from what he told me for the TDN article I wrote about the mares/their foals/yearlings last month.
Mel Mae

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:18 pm

That must've been the article I read, just remembered the sale wrong. ;-)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mel Mae » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Sweezey said the Plum Pretty is the only one he's pretty confident she'll send to a sale. She loves the mare but isn't as attached as she is to the others. It'll be interesting to see if this one hits the reserve since last year's colt didn't.
Mel Mae

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Clearly she's not too worried about getting some of her money back in yearling sales. ;-)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Horsebagger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Lightstream wrote:Looks like Euros will dominate high end of sale. Frankel's and Galileos will fetch big $. Not seeing much else jumping out with exception of one out of Plum Pretty.

I guess we can look back and say you were wrong again, Ken/Chris.
Horsebagger

Previous

Return to Breeding & Sales