Page 8 of 14

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:29 pm
by sweettalk
there are some WILDLY unimaginitive, boring names up there :lol: they can't all be 'notacatbutallama'

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:29 pm
by mariasmon
Northport wrote:Is there any info on who owns those horses? A lot sound like Fipke names :lol:


Probably all the ones you think sounds like Fipke names are, in fact, owned by Fipke. I purposely looked up as many of his as I knew.

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 pm
by Northport
It may be a blessing that Lemons Forever has to go to a stallion that isn't Unbridled's Song, once you get Unbridled Forever and Forever Unbridled, you have no choice but to go to a different stallion third time around! And she's out of options with Perfect Soul (with Perfect Forever and Forever Perfect).

Of the non-Fipke names listed, Finally Our Dream sounds like it has a story behind it.

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 pm
by mariasmon
Northport wrote:It may be a blessing that Lemons Forever has to go to a stallion that isn't Unbridled's Song, once you get Unbridled Forever and Forever Unbridled, you have no choice but to go to a different stallion third time around! And she's out of options with Perfect Soul (with Perfect Forever and Forever Perfect).

Of the non-Fipke names listed, Finally Our Dream sounds like it has a story behind it.


If she went to Perfect Soul again, Perfect Lemons, Lemons Soul, etc. could be (awful) possibilities.

Finally Our Dream, I'm sure, refers to the fact that Balance finally produced a filly for them. They tried Finally first, then Finally a Filly, but both were rejected for different reasons.

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:41 pm
by mariasmon
Battle of Algiers - c. War Front x River Belle (GB) (changed from U S S Alabama)

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 pm
by lurkey mclurker
Love Mungojerrie! (and the dam's name too :D) =^.,.^=

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:09 pm
by mariasmon
lurkey mclurker wrote:Love Mungojerrie! (and the dam's name too :D) =^.,.^=


I hate them both, so much. The Cats names are mostly terrible. I could probbaly stand Mr. Mistoffelees, but that's already used.

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:20 pm
by lurkey mclurker
Awww Mungojerrie's not so bad :D ...but Jellicle Cat is the best of all. I like the combo with Jellicle Song.

(How can you not snicker at Tumblebrutus, or Coricopat? And Pouncival?? :lol: )

((ETA: Okay wait, a disclaimer: I am referring to the original Jellicle Cats from TS Eliot's poem, NOT the musical they made from it. Which I have never seen, and don't really care if I never do.))

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:30 pm
by mariasmon
lurkey mclurker wrote:Awww Mungojerrie's not so bad :D ...but Jellicle Cat is the best of all. I like the combo with Jellicle Song.

(How can you not snicker at Tumblebrutus, or Coricopat? And Pouncival?? :lol: )

((ETA: Okay wait, a disclaimer: I am referring to the original Jellicle Cats from TS Eliot's poem, NOT the musical they made from it. Which I have never seen, and don't really care if I never do.))


Whether it's TS Eliot or Andrew Lloyd Webber, I hate all of them :D

Re: 2016 Names

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 am
by starrydreamer
mariasmon wrote:
Northport wrote:Is there any info on who owns those horses? A lot sound like Fipke names :lol:


Probably all the ones you think sounds like Fipke names are, in fact, owned by Fipke. I purposely looked up as many of his as I knew.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: