The rise of Sunday Silence

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby Treve » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Turf racing is on the rise in the US, though. I was not thinking of Sunday Silence line stallions producing dirt offspring, I was mainly thinking turf, although I don't see why they wouldn't be good on dirt if bred to top US dirt mares.

Didn't know that about Hat Trick, he was still on their website and video the last time I looked which doesn't seem like it was that long ago :(
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Food for thought...?

Melissa Bauer-Herzog @mbauerherzog
10h 10 hours ago

Study of Man is one of 41 winners from 55 starters bred on the Deep Impact/Storm Cat cross & one of 9 stakes winners. He joins Ayusan, Kizuna, Lachesis, Satono Aladdin, A Shin Hikari, and Real Steel as Group 1 winners bred on the cross. #TheMoreYouKnow @LongBallToNoOne @KeibaKate


Bolding was mine... also, Study of Man is going to the Arc! :mrgreen:
lurkey mclurker
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby tachyon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:06 am

Treve wrote:Turf racing is on the rise in the US, though. I was not thinking of Sunday Silence line stallions producing dirt offspring, I was mainly thinking turf, although I don't see why they wouldn't be good on dirt if bred to top US dirt mares.

Didn't know that about Hat Trick, he was still on their website and video the last time I looked which doesn't seem like it was that long ago :(


It was a shame that Hat Trick(JPN) couldn't hang in there in the states.
But his sire-line may prosper in Europe.
Dabirsim(FR) was well reperesented by his first crop (now 3yo) in the French Classic this year, even though he had not got top mares.
Coeur de Beaute(FR) finisned 2nd in the French 1000 Guineas.
Not Mine(GER) finished 5th in the French Derby yesterday (with a clear trip, he could have been closer...)
It sounds like he got better group of mares this year.
tachyon
 
Posts: 3323
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby lurkey mclurker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:54 pm

G @LongBallToNoOne Jun 5

RAINBOW LINE (Stay Gold) injured in winning the G1 3200m Tenno Sho will be retired, syndicated and sent to stud. Preparing him to race again was considered too risky.


https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180606-00000042-spnannex-horse
lurkey mclurker
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby Treve » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:53 pm

That's sad but I am glad they are doing right by him and choosing not to risk it. Also glad that he'll be sound enough to breed and that he's out of any danger. Thanks for the update!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby Ballerina » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 am

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend DARK HORSES - the rivalry between Sunday Silence and Easy Goer.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the- ... ry-on-nbc/
User avatar
Ballerina
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby tachyon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:08 am

Ballerina wrote:If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend DARK HORSES - the rivalry between Sunday Silence and Easy Goer.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the- ... ry-on-nbc/


Thanks for sharing.

Sunday Silence proved to be a somewhat better thoroughbred than Easy Goer after all.
But I agree that both are great horses.
tachyon
 
Posts: 3323
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Well, reading the comments at that Paulick link, there was one very strong Easy Goer supporter who threw all sorts of statistics at the discussion except one. There is no question whatsoever that Sunday Silence was one of the greatest breed-shaping Thoroughbred sires of the last half century anywhere in the world. Easy Goer, on the other hand, was pretty much a failure at stud. I had hoped he would be a successful sire to carry on for Alydar, but it was not to be.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby Flanders » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:Well, reading the comments at that Paulick link, there was one very strong Easy Goer supporter who threw all sorts of statistics at the discussion except one. There is no question whatsoever that Sunday Silence was one of the greatest breed-shaping Thoroughbred sires of the last half century anywhere in the world. Easy Goer, on the other hand, was pretty much a failure at stud. I had hoped he would be a successful sire to carry on for Alydar, but it was not to be.

While not on the same level as Sunday Silence, Easy Goer was far from a failure at stud. He only had 4 crops, the last one not full because of when he died. He sired 136 foals, 101 starters(74%). 74 winners(54%), 9 SWs(7%), 2.53 AEI and 3 G1SWs. Had he lived longer maybe he would have gotten a son to carry on the line but it wasn't meant to be.
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2598
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: The rise of Sunday Silence

Postby Retrospectiv » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Flanders wrote:
Ridan_Remembered wrote:Well, reading the comments at that Paulick link, there was one very strong Easy Goer supporter who threw all sorts of statistics at the discussion except one. There is no question whatsoever that Sunday Silence was one of the greatest breed-shaping Thoroughbred sires of the last half century anywhere in the world. Easy Goer, on the other hand, was pretty much a failure at stud. I had hoped he would be a successful sire to carry on for Alydar, but it was not to be.

While not on the same level as Sunday Silence, Easy Goer was far from a failure at stud. He only had 4 crops, the last one not full because of when he died. He sired 136 foals, 101 starters(74%). 74 winners(54%), 9 SWs(7%), 2.53 AEI and 3 G1SWs. Had he lived longer maybe he would have gotten a son to carry on the line but it wasn't meant to be.



^^ THIS.

Hard to compare a stallion who sired 136 foals vs one who sired 1558!
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
User avatar
Retrospectiv
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests