Matings 2015

Re: Matings 2015

Postby BlindLucky » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:14 pm

Acadiana wrote:Might be a dumb question, but one of the mares I'm supposed to foal out doesn't come up. All the rest do. Could that just be the farm didn't report it or is there a slim chance she may not be in foal? She's a boarder's mare, not owned by the farm and I don't believe she was bred to any of their stallions so I really know nothing about her other than her supposed due date is the 25th.

Mare in question is Princess Minerva (War Chant) if perhaps I'm having a brain fart entering her info.

I think the general rule with that site is that if she was bred and it was reported, she'll show up.

If she doesn't show up for the year you're searching, she wasn't bred.

And if for some reason she's not showing up on that site because she was bred but it wasn't reported and someone screwed up the paperwork, then I'd imagine there are more problems to come than just not showing up on that website :lol:

It's possible something fell through the cracks, but I've found their site to be pretty accurate. It must pull directly from their database--or the Jockey Club's.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Matings 2015

Postby Acadiana » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks BlindLucky. That's what I was thinking. I vaguely remember him saying something about them not being sure if one of the mares were in foal and they were going to double check but lately they have still said 3 are due this week. I just foal out for the farm so I'm not "in" on the day to day stuff. I guess I shall find out!
Acadiana
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Matings 2015

Postby mariasmon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Acadiana wrote:
MTO wrote:
mariasmon wrote:Yes, it's there.


What's the link?

Oh - I think I found it:
https://members.breederscup.com/nominat ... ility.aspx


Might be a dumb question, but one of the mares I'm supposed to foal out doesn't come up. All the rest do. Could that just be the farm didn't report it or is there a slim chance she may not be in foal? She's a boarder's mare, not owned by the farm and I don't believe she was bred to any of their stallions so I really know nothing about her other than her supposed due date is the 25th.

Mare in question is Princess Minerva (War Chant) if perhaps I'm having a brain fart entering her info.


JC does not show her as having been bred. I don't know what happens if she WAS bred and no one reported it. It is the stallion owner's responsibility to do that. It does she she was bred to Senor Swinger for 2015, but no foal.
User avatar
mariasmon
 
Posts: 3477
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Matings 2015

Postby luvthesales » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:59 pm

mariasmon wrote:JC does not show her as having been bred. I don't know what happens if she WAS bred and no one reported it. It is the stallion owner's responsibility to do that. It does she she was bred to Senor Swinger for 2015, but no foal.


The stallion owner/manager just adds her to the Report of Mares Bred with The Jockey Club.
luvthesales
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: Matings 2015

Postby Acadiana » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:02 am

luvthesales wrote:
mariasmon wrote:JC does not show her as having been bred. I don't know what happens if she WAS bred and no one reported it. It is the stallion owner's responsibility to do that. It does she she was bred to Senor Swinger for 2015, but no foal.


The stallion owner/manager just adds her to the Report of Mares Bred with The Jockey Club.


Well, the mare in question does appear to be very much in foal. According to the foaling sheet at the farm, she is expecting a Fort Prado baby in the next week or so. I guess someone just didn't get all their work done over at Buck Pond?
Acadiana
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Matings 2015

Postby luvthesales » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:30 pm

Acadiana wrote:
Well, the mare in question does appear to be very much in foal. According to the foaling sheet at the farm, she is expecting a Fort Prado baby in the next week or so. I guess someone just didn't get all their work done over at Buck Pond?


Very possible. They've had some turnover.
luvthesales
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: Matings 2015

Postby tachyon » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Northport wrote:
tachyon wrote:-- from North Hills

Heavenly Romance(JPN)(G1 winner by Sunday Silence) --> Awesome Again
We'll be There(JPN)(G3 placed by Sunday Silence) --> Ghostzapper


As an big Adena fan I love seeing this! :D


Does anyone here know if Heavenly Romance(JPN)[dam of the UAE Derby winner Lani(USA)] has delivered her 2016 baby?
tachyon
 
Posts: 3070
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: Matings 2015

Postby Flanders » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:56 am

tachyon wrote:
Northport wrote:
tachyon wrote:-- from North Hills

Heavenly Romance(JPN)(G1 winner by Sunday Silence) --> Awesome Again
We'll be There(JPN)(G3 placed by Sunday Silence) --> Ghostzapper


As an big Adena fan I love seeing this! :D


Does anyone here know if Heavenly Romance(JPN)[dam of the UAE Derby winner Lani(USA)] has delivered her 2016 baby?

Nothing comes up yet.
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: Matings 2015

Postby tachyon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Northport & Flanders, I've just come across a pick of Heavenly Romance and her 2016 Awesome Again colt!
I'll post it in the ''Foals of 2016'' thread. ;)
tachyon
 
Posts: 3070
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Previous

Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests