Zenyatta News

Sparrow Castle

Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 am

Filly’s First Cupcake
We’re a little late sharing this news, but we couldn’t leave you without photos of our filly’s first cupcake!
Zenyatta’s 2017 Medaglia d’Oro filly celebrated her birthday last week, and the staff at Lane’s End threw a party. Thank you, Lane’s End! Scroll down for more photos from Alys.
Lane’s End staff attend the party. Photo courtesy of Alys Emson/Lane’s End Farm

Photo courtesy of Alys Emson/Lane’s End Farm

Photo courtesy of Alys Emson/Lane’s End Farm
http://www.zenyatta.com/news/fillys-first-cupcake
BaroqueAgain1

Fri May 18, 2018 2:14 am

Thanks for posting those, SC.
Can't see much of her body, but she has a lovely head and strong-looking chest.
Della

Fri May 18, 2018 12:15 pm

In the first picture, there's something interesting going on with her near fore hoof. Can't figure out of that's a bell boot pulled up that was protecting some work done around the hoof wall.
Treve

Fri May 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Della wrote:In the first picture, there's something interesting going on with her near fore hoof. Can't figure out of that's a bell boot pulled up that was protecting some work done around the hoof wall.
I think it's an optical illusion. If you zoom in on the picture you'll realize it's far more likely that it's the contrast between the light and the shadows of her leg plus the shadow of the person standing next to her.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Flanders

Fri May 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Della wrote:In the first picture, there's something interesting going on with her near fore hoof. Can't figure out of that's a bell boot pulled up that was protecting some work done around the hoof wall.
Its nothing more than light and shadows making it look weird.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu May 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Zenyatta will not be bred this year.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... this-year/
Northport

Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 am

That will appease the crazies until February, at least.
weeeeeeeee
Ziggypop

Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 am

Northport wrote:That will appease the crazies until February, at least.
lol.
BornToWin

Sun May 27, 2018 11:31 am

Love the Zenyatta filly. She's pretty (Daddy's girl? :)

I just read on the Paulick site in the comments that Zenyatta has had hoof issues. That placentitis(sp?) puts her at risk for laminitis. Is that speculation or common knowledge? I think I read once where Zenyatta's dam had hoof issues, but I didn't know she had them too. Not that I can do anything, just wondered.

Young Cozmic One is sure looking elegant in his training. Looks like he should be a speed demon with those long legs and streamlined body. Does anyone know if they tried him on the track after he was gelded or was he done and turned over? Out of all the viable foals, the one that reminded me of Zenyatta was the War Front filly. The others seem to favor their sires.
lurkey mclurker

Sun May 27, 2018 12:58 pm

I hadn't seen anything about hoof/foot issues, but there was some concern that she was very heavy as she tends to get when pregnant so that might have been it. IIRC the connections cited her weight too the first time they gave Z a year off...
Summer Bird

Sun May 27, 2018 3:03 pm

I’ve never heard of Placentitis putting a mare at risk for laminitis. Her weight, especially when she’s late in her pregnancy definitely puts her at risk for Laminitis.
CoronadosQuest

Sun May 27, 2018 6:03 pm

BornToWin wrote:Love the Zenyatta filly. She's pretty (Daddy's girl? :)

I just read on the Paulick site in the comments that Zenyatta has had hoof issues. That placentitis(sp?) puts her at risk for laminitis. Is that speculation or common knowledge? I think I read once where Zenyatta's dam had hoof issues, but I didn't know she had them too. Not that I can do anything, just wondered.

Young Cozmic One is sure looking elegant in his training. Looks like he should be a speed demon with those long legs and streamlined body. Does anyone know if they tried him on the track after he was gelded or was he done and turned over? Out of all the viable foals, the one that reminded me of Zenyatta was the War Front filly. The others seem to favor their sires.
Coz was gelded after they retired him from racing and sent him to be retrained.
BornToWin

Thu May 31, 2018 8:44 am

Thanks all for answers to my questions. It is tough when they land in a "summer" breeding cycle. I'm happy she recovered.