Zenyatta News

Re: Zenyatta News

Postby SSilence86 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:42 am

Ah. Ok. Foal would come out yearling sized :o

For some reason my tired mind was thinking the other way.
This is what happens when I work, move to a new house & try to get my child ready for the new school year all at once.
SSilence86

Postby Ziggypop » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:20 pm

firehorse wrote:Sorry to hear they are divorcing, kind of surprised even though it looked like they were divesting their interest in their stock, the guy is 82 (why bother?), gonna assume he's got something else going on - glad to see Ann will keep updating on Z. Regardless of what's going on, they really have been great to the fans of their horses.

They have been great to Z's fans. And paved the path for others in the industry to be more fan friendly.
Ziggypop

Postby Treve » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:21 am

SSilence86 wrote:Ah. Ok. Foal would come out yearling sized :o

This is what happens when I work, move to a new house & try to get my child ready for the new school year all at once.

Depends on what you're referring to. I'm not sure Zen to UM would cause foaling complications from size, however that would be a very slow maturing horse, and one very vulnerable during its growth. Then even if it got over that, it puts a horse more at risk while running if it's too big, there's only so much weight their skeleton is designed to carry and human intervention has allowed that weight to sometimes exceed what is 'safe'.
With breeding a very large male to a very small female that's were potentially you'd run into foaling complications but then wouldn't necessarily encounter the same kind of growth related and racing related sizing issues.
In general nature does her best so that the foal is usually small enough at birth to walk under the dam's belly, but there are so many factors that can come into play.

It's mostly a question of extremes, you don't want to breed extremes, whether it is a very large male with a very large female, or a very large male with a very small female.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby SSilence86 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Treve wrote:
SSilence86 wrote:Ah. Ok. Foal would come out yearling sized :o

Depends on what you're referring to. I'm not sure Zen to UM would cause foaling complications from size, however that would be a very slow maturing horse, and one very vulnerable during its growth. Then even if it got over that, it puts a horse more at risk while running if it's too big, there's only so much weight their skeleton is designed to carry and human intervention has allowed that weight to sometimes exceed what is 'safe'.
With breeding a very large male to a very small female that's were potentially you'd run into foaling complications but then wouldn't necessarily encounter the same kind of growth related and racing related sizing issues.
In general nature does her best so that the foal is usually small enough at birth to walk under the dam's belly, but there are so many factors that can come into play.

It's mostly a question of extremes, you don't want to breed extremes, whether it is a very large male with a very large female, or a very large male with a very small female.

Nah. Wasn't thinking foaling complications really. You should never breed 1 extreme to another extreme. I've seen very tragic results from cases like that.
Was just thinking the foal, when dropped had the potential to be huge.
I'm still impressed that Settling Mist foaled that moose Tonalist.
SSilence86

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:56 pm

You don't really expect Tapit to sire a "moose." :P
I wonder how tall Tonalist is? His Stallion Register page doesn't provide that info, and those stallion profiles usually give the height of the stud. :?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby mariasmon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:05 am

Tonalist takes after the Pleasant Colony side. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Pleasantly Perfect.
mariasmon

Postby firehorse » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Friday Photos up on zenyatta.com : )

firehorse

Postby luvsgeldings » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:27 am

awwww.... zenny's little girl is such a cutie!!
luvsgeldings

Postby Miss Woodford » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:35 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You don't really expect Tapit to sire a "moose." :P
I wonder how tall Tonalist is? His Stallion Register page doesn't provide that info, and those stallion profiles usually give the height of the stud. :?

Means he's probably 15.2hh or under. 15.3 gets "rounded" up to 16hh in TB stallion ads and if a horse is shorter than that his height is omitted altogether.
Miss Woodford

Postby mariasmon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:43 am

Miss Woodford wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You don't really expect Tapit to sire a "moose." :P

Means he's probably 15.2hh or under. 15.3 gets "rounded" up to 16hh in TB stallion ads and if a horse is shorter than that his height is omitted altogether.

Ha. Tonalist is not under 15.2. The only question is how much over 17 hands he is.
mariasmon

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales