Zenyatta News

Re: Zenyatta News

Postby Rainyday » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 pm

That's a gorgeous little filly, but it's only to be expected when her daddy is basically the super model of Thoroughbred stallions. She does look far more like MDO than Zenyatta to me. She's even got the white around one eye that MDO has and often passes down to his kids. (It's not as prominent as Rachel's, but it's visible in those two headshots.)
Rainyday

Postby Treve » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 pm

firehorse wrote:
bare it all wrote:Sad. I wonder if one of them retains rights to the racing stable, the breeding stock and/or they get to pick and choose?

I honestly have half wondered if this is why Coz is still training/running. He's an asset to be divided in the divorce (which tbh, he needs to be gelded and made into a nice hunter pony).

Holy moly, imagine if as part of the divorce settlement they have to sell Zenyatta. I mean, so far she's been a flop as a producer (breeding her to the wrong stallions, imho), but as a collectors item? Get your checkbook out, Mandy!!!!

Unless she has a few more, I seriously doubt any of her sons will be gelded or sold (unless maybe in partnership at stud).

Hindsight is always 20/20 but bia was pretty close... eventing instead of hunter/jumper is not bad at all ;)
(I came across this post in the search function looking for something else... apologies for the random bump)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm

bia: "...he needs to be gelded and made into a nice hunter pony"

IIRC, 'Coz is 17.2 hands. I couldn't describe him as a 'pony,' no matter what the discipline. :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Treve » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:bia: "...he needs to be gelded and made into a nice hunter pony"

IIRC, 'Coz is 17.2 hands. I couldn't describe him as a 'pony,' no matter what the discipline. :lol:

a friend at my barn rides a 17.2 behemoth that she refers to alternately as "pony" and "petit poulet" (which means 'little chicken' in French as a term of endearment) :D
kinda like how even huge old dogs are 'puppies' to some people.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Previous

Return to Breeding & Sales