Zenyatta News

Re: Zenyatta News

Postby bare it all » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Sad. I wonder if one of them retains rights to the racing stable, the breeding stock and/or they get to pick and choose?

I honestly have half wondered if this is why Coz is still training/running. He's an asset to be divided in the divorce (which tbh, he needs to be gelded and made into a nice hunter pony).

Holy moly, imagine if as part of the divorce settlement they have to sell Zenyatta. I mean, so far she's been a flop as a producer (breeding her to the wrong stallions, imho), but as a collectors item? Get your checkbook out, Mandy!!!!
bare it all

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Ann has been so involved with Zen that I suspect that she will ask for the right to continue visiting 'her' big mare whenever she wishes. Since the blog on Z's website has already announced that Ann will continue to oversee that site, I presume we will continue getting her updates...and photos of her loving on the Big Z. ;)
That latest photo with the filly shows an attractive youngster, although the little one seems to have inherited her mom's looonnnng head.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby sweettalk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:48 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Ann has been so involved with Zen that I suspect that she will ask for the right to continue visiting 'her' big mare whenever she wishes. Since the blog on Z's website has already announced that Ann will continue to oversee that site, I presume we will continue getting her updates...and photos of her loving on the Big Z. ;)
That latest photo with the filly shows an attractive youngster, although the little one seems to have inherited her mom's looonnnng head.

a longer head means her nose gets to the wire first, right? :lol: :lol:
Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
sweettalk

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:38 pm

If Jerry and Ann married after he had made his fortune with A&M, I suspect that there will be little haggling about who gets what. Because prenup. :oops:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Life At Zen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:If Jerry and Ann married after he had made his fortune with A&M, I suspect that there will be little haggling about who gets what. Because prenup. :oops:

A&M was founded in 1962. I don't know when Jerry and Ann married.

I would assume they will continue to co-own Zenyatta. Not sure if they will own her offspring individually (flip flop each foal) or co-own as well. I can't see either of them handing over full ownership over anything Zenyatta related.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby SSilence86 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
bare it all wrote:Finally, a Storm Cat line stallion for her. Nothing against Bernardini or Tapit or War Front or MDO, but this mare needs some serious speed infused into her.

Still holding out hope for Uncle Mo. what does she match up to City Zip with? Maybe even Speightstown.

As much as it would make me fangirl squeal, Uncle Mo is too big for her.

Z is what? 17 hands or so. She's a pretty big girl with substance.

Soundness issues aside, if he's to big for her, then wouldn't he definitely be to big for say... American Cleopatra?
*** I know this is Z's thread. Forgive me, it's just a curious question for me**
SSilence86

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:01 pm

IIRC, Z is 17.2, and her racing weight was over 1,250.
She is called The Big Mare for good reasons. :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Life At Zen » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:10 pm

SSilence86 wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:
bare it all wrote:Finally, a Storm Cat line stallion for her. Nothing against Bernardini or Tapit or War Front or MDO, but this mare needs some serious speed infused into her.

Still holding out hope for Uncle Mo. what does she match up to City Zip with? Maybe even Speightstown.

As much as it would make me fangirl squeal, Uncle Mo is too big for her.

Z is what? 17 hands or so. She's a pretty big girl with substance.

Soundness issues aside, if he's to big for her, then wouldn't he definitely be to big for say... American Cleopatra?
*** I know this is Z's thread. Forgive me, it's just a curious question for me**

Z is too tall and too big to be bred to another massive horse. The foal would be Warmblood sized.

I don't know AC's height and weight. Can't say for sure if it's a smart idea or not.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby firehorse » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Sorry to hear they are divorcing, kind of surprised even though it looked like they were divesting their interest in their stock, the guy is 82 (why bother?), gonna assume he's got something else going on - glad to see Ann will keep updating on Z. Regardless of what's going on, they really have been great to the fans of their horses.
firehorse

Postby firehorse » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:57 pm

bare it all wrote:Sad. I wonder if one of them retains rights to the racing stable, the breeding stock and/or they get to pick and choose?

I honestly have half wondered if this is why Coz is still training/running. He's an asset to be divided in the divorce (which tbh, he needs to be gelded and made into a nice hunter pony).

Holy moly, imagine if as part of the divorce settlement they have to sell Zenyatta. I mean, so far she's been a flop as a producer (breeding her to the wrong stallions, imho), but as a collectors item? Get your checkbook out, Mandy!!!!

Unless she has a few more, I seriously doubt any of her sons will be gelded or sold (unless maybe in partnership at stud).
firehorse

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales