Zenyatta News

Re: Zenyatta News

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:46 pm

I remember watching a Storm Cat offspring run at Los Al. He was decent and, IIRC, NOT a gelding. Considering how frequently QH boys get snipped, I would guess that having Storm Cat as a sire made him too valuable to geld.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby bare it all » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Ah! I totally remember the whole cloning story. Didn't one of the 2 original clones die?

If someone has the ear of a BH writer, they should look into doing a followup. Next year will be 5 years since we lost the grand old man.

**sorry to hijack the Z thread, lol!!**
bare it all

Postby Treve » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:49 am

The Storm Cat clones belong to a Polo player with a Polo pony outfit who already own a string of 5 clones from his favourite/best polo pony mare ever. One of the Storm Cat clones died in a freak accident unrelated to him being a clone, yah.
The other one, he hopes will become a popular polo pony sire and he sounded like he was also hoping to develop an unofficial racing circuit for clones and unreg. horses or something. I remember thinking there was something vaguely shady about it.
I do not think this Storm Cat clone could be used for AQHA though because he himself can't be registered with either the JC or the AQHA.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby lurkey mclurker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Didn't know whether to post here or in the foals thread :::throws up hands::: 8-) Apparently Z17 is "the little boss lady of her group"... http://www.zenyatta.com/news/friday-photos-13

ETA: in the comments (so take FWIW) someone asks about the filly's club foot?!?! Not sure whether it's an assumption b/c the pics "never show the feet" :? or whether it's something that's been noted/mentioned...
lurkey mclurker

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:08 am

ETA: in the comments (so take FWIW) someone asks about the filly's club foot?!?!

I think there were questions here about her right front foot after the photos on this page were posted:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24&start=890
In the 2nd photo, below the one of her rearing/playing with Zen, her right fetlock looks fat, while the cannon bone of the foreleg looks thin. IIRC, the consensus here was that it was just a wonky angle and that the leg looked fine from other angles.
If there are now comments with this most recent photo that talk about a "club foot," are they reacting to the photo I linked above...or a more recent one that appears to show a "club foot?" :?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby ThreeMustangs » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:59 am

Maybe it's this photo?

ThreeMustangs

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:28 pm

Well, that does make it look like the right front fetlock is a bit bulbous. :?
Could it be a trick of light because that foot is dark?
IIRC, a 'club foot' is a thickening of the fetlock and pastern (due to some bone deformation?), and her pastern looks normal. The 'swelling' looks like it's above her fetlock joint.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Treve » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:43 pm

A club foot in horses is usually a misshapen hoof and an enlarged coronary band (rather than the entire pastern) as a result, it shouldn't really affect the fetlock.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Thanks for the correction. I knew I should have done some Googling first. :oops: :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Diver52 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:00 pm

I hope being the boss in the paddock translates into having the desire to actually pass horses, which Ziconic at least seems to utterly lack. l
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales