Zenyatta News

Re: Zenyatta News

Postby firehorse » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:13 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I feel sorry for good people who are in the public eye...when things like divorce or other things that we normally consider should be private happen, they have to deal with all the public scrutiny. :(

They seem to be very private people, am wondering if they have any children?
firehorse

Postby Squeaky » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Agreed- I think this may be a false rumor from Zenyatta site- lady in photo in Santa Anita Derby thread looks like Ann to me. And I agree, none of our business. I should not have brought it up and I apologize.
Squeaky

Postby luvsgeldings » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:04 pm

some of the photo's are from the breeders cup years ago when ann was there and bo derek is in some of the pix - - but very true.... its their business.
luvsgeldings

Postby Squeaky » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Yes you are correct. I didn't see the caption at first that it was an older photo.
Squeaky

Postby Private Thoughts » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:26 am

Perhaps they are not going to say anything about Zenyatta foaling this year after the events with her last two foals. Her foaling date based on the last breeding they mentioned of May 2nd, would have put her approximate foal date at April 7th. That was a week ago. While dates are approximate, seems to me she should have foaled by now.
Private Thoughts

Postby TBird » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:50 am

Private Thoughts wrote:Perhaps they are not going to say anything about Zenyatta foaling this year after the events with her last two foals. Her foaling date based on the last breeding they mentioned of May 2nd, would have put her approximate foal date at April 7th. That was a week ago. While dates are approximate, seems to me she should have foaled by now.

Virtually every mare on the farm where my mares live has gone 10 days to 2 weeks "late" this year. It is not unusual for mares to go 3 weeks past their "due date". In order to get a better estimate, you would have to look back and see what was the gestation was for Z's other foals (what was "normal" for her) and even then--without seeing the mare in person--you would still only have an approximate guess.
TBird

Postby Life At Zen » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:10 pm

TBird wrote:
Private Thoughts wrote:Perhaps they are not going to say anything about Zenyatta foaling this year after the events with her last two foals. Her foaling date based on the last breeding they mentioned of May 2nd, would have put her approximate foal date at April 7th. That was a week ago. While dates are approximate, seems to me she should have foaled by now.

Virtually every mare on the farm where my mares live has gone 10 days to 2 weeks "late" this year. It is not unusual for mares to go 3 weeks past their "due date". In order to get a better estimate, you would have to look back and see what was the gestation was for Z's other foals (what was "normal" for her) and even then--without seeing the mare in person--you would still only have an approximate guess.

I believe her average is 340 days.
Also, I heard she didn't take on the first cover, and she had to go back a second time. This would put her due date at mid-May. Again, all speculation. I'm sure they will tell us once she foals. They can't keep that covered for long, someone will talk.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Postby Flanders » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Flanders

Postby bare it all » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am

Flanders wrote:http://www.zenyatta.com/news/spring-photos-2

They said she is due mid-May.

I imagine that means she gets the year off? I know they breed to race, but that's pushing it late for TB foaling dates.
bare it all

Postby carole » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:21 pm

bare it all wrote:
Flanders wrote:http://www.zenyatta.com/news/spring-photos-2

They said she is due mid-May.

I imagine that means she gets the year off? I know they breed to race, but that's pushing it late for TB foaling dates.

I believe she didn't actually get pregnant on her first cover to MDO so they had to send her again, perhaps that's why this foal is due so late?
carole

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales