Zenyatta News

Re: Zenyatta News

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:52 pm

It's not just Zen; ask Taylor Swift and other celebrities about their stalkers, some of whom have done more than just try to phone them. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Summer Bird » Thu May 10, 2018 5:25 pm

You all should see the comments on the Horse Racing Nation FB page. So many people thinking she’s traumatized from losing her foals.
Summer Bird

Postby BornToWin » Thu May 10, 2018 6:06 pm

People are intrusive. Something in the celebrity that seems to encourage it. Love and hate. Maybe the call news wasn't true--maybe that person just said it to feel important. Would the farm really even say anything without the owners' approval?

I hope Zenyatta is okay. I hope she goes on to have a few more babies before she is retired and I hope the next ones are super horses. I couldn't read those comments. I am sad the little one is gone but things happen. I wish they wouldn't but we all know it does no matter how well cared for.

When the owners are ready, we'll hear.
BornToWin

Postby luvsgeldings » Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am

her website confirmed the loss of the foal - it is sad - but glad to know she is doing well - she looks good in her paddock - love her.
luvsgeldings

Postby SSilence86 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Official word from Zs connections have been posted on her blog.

She aborted mid-April due to low grade placentitis.

Z has bounced back from the loss and is healthy.
SSilence86

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Mid-April? So close to her due date, I'd think the foal would have been fully-formed. :(
I wonder if it was a colt or filly?
Condolences to all her connections, especially Lane's End's broodmare caretakers. Losing a foal so close to the due date must be hard for the folks who care for and love these mares.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby SSilence86 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:17 pm

SSilence86

Postby lurkey mclurker » Fri May 11, 2018 3:31 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Mid-April? So close to her due date, I'd think the foal would have been fully-formed. :(
Condolences to all her connections, especially Lane's End's broodmare caretakers. Losing a foal so close to the due date must be hard for the folks who care for and love these mares.

I was thinking the same thing, and wondering what could have led to the foal being stillborn/aborted, that close to term. What a shame. :cry: :cry: :cry:
lurkey mclurker

Postby Treve » Fri May 11, 2018 3:34 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Mid-April? So close to her due date, I'd think the foal would have been fully-formed. :(

I was thinking the same thing, and wondering what could have led to the foal being stillborn/aborted, that close to term. What a shame. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The condition itself, placentitis is characterised by occurring in the late term and resulting in the loss of weaker or slightly premature foals, I believe. Unless it's caught early enough but it can be really difficult to catch it early.
It really comes down to shit luck.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Private Thoughts » Fri May 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Such a shame that two of the best mares in the last several years have only a handful of foals each. Rachel has two and Zen has three.

Rotten luck I suppose, different reasons for each mare, but it really stinks that neither of them have had much luck as a broodmare.
Private Thoughts

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales