Zenyatta News

User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Catalina wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:That's exactly what I meant as well. Ann may be weird from what I've heard, but it's not a bad thing! She's a really nice person too from what I'm told as well. People need to chill out.
Does that mean all you proponents of "fruitloop = a little weird" then wouldn't mind if we started to refer to you all as fruit loops?

Didn't think so... I guess it's not quite so positive and endearing or whatever after all, when it's applied to you.
Actually, I could care less. We all have a little weirdness in us ;). Anyway there are worse names out there that you can call someone.
User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:13 pm

I'd rather be called a fruit loop than some of the other terms for weird/crazy out there! Plus froot loops are delicious!
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2834
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:19 pm

Mel Mae wrote:To be fair no one actually knows why they want the mare bred late. The vacation thing was just said by another poster.
Yeah I know. There could be any number of reasons she was bred late. I think the idea that she was bred late for the vacation thing is actually a very good idea. They like to come into town for her birthday, so why not breed her to have her foal around the same time? Saves them a trip to Kentucky. Not that they are hurting for money or anything, but I'm sure with their schedules they can only come so often and probably prefer to spread the trips out over the year.
Somnambulist
Posts: 7382
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:54 pm

I understand within this thread why Trump is a leading candidate for president. Everything makes sense.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4877
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Giggles. Sorry, but I think we could use a little humor sometimes. Feel free to skip this post if you don't agree.

This thread got us talking here about all the "fruit loop" things we've done over the years because we love our animal friends. I had a sweet little cockatiel for 21 years and, when he died, I put him in the freezer for weeks while I had a little cedar box custom made for his interment (not cheap). I had to put a sign on the freezer telling people to check with me before they took anything out. I still have him.

Which caused us Northwest natives to start trying to sing the old Mudhoney song, Touch Me I'm Sick, which I had to Google to get the words right:

Ooh
Wow
Ooh
I feel bad, and I've felt worse
I'm a creep, yeah, I'm a jerk
Come on
Touch me, I'm sick
Wow
I won't live long, and I'm full of rot
Gonna give you - girl - everything I got
Touch me, I'm sick, yeah
Touch me, I'm sick
Come on baby, now come with me
If you don't come
If you don't come
If you don't come
You'll die alone
Wow
Ooh
I'm diseased, I don't mind
I'll make you love me 'till the day you die
Come on
Touch me, I'm sick
Ahhh
Fuck me, I'm sick
Come on baby, now come with me
If you don't come
If you don't come
If you don't come
You'll die alone

Anybody want to share their "fruit loop" for animals story(ies)?
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:28 pm

You still have him... in the freezer? :shock: Or, you know. In the cedar box, which would be preferable. :mrgreen:

My basset became partially paralyzed (hind legs) at 9 years old. I took her measurements and got her a K-9 cart and jury-rigged regular baby disposable diapers to a female dog sanitary pants-belt type thing, and she had another 8 very good years. The rubber-necking from pedestrians and drivers when we went on walks... :lol: especially since at Christmas I would decorate the top metal support loop of the K-9 cart with garland and a bow...

I don't know if that's froot-loopy, but it taught me a lot. I can only hope someone is there for me later in life when I need it...
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4877
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:34 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:You still have him... in the freezer? :shock: Or, you know. In the cedar box, which would be preferable. :mrgreen:

My basset became partially paralyzed (hind legs) at 9 years old. I took her measurements and got her a K-9 cart and jury-rigged regular baby disposable diapers to a female dog sanitary pants-belt type thing, and she had another 8 very good years. The rubber-necking from pedestrians and drivers when we went on walks... :lol: especially since at Christmas I would decorate the top metal support loop of the K-9 cart with garland and a bow...

I don't know if that's froot-loopy, but it taught me a lot. I can only hope someone is there for me later in life when I need it...
Haha, he's safely sealed in the cedar box which is now discreetly placed in my living room.

Wow, you really went all out for your furry little friend. Eight good years like that is amazing! Way to go...you got me beat! :D
carole
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:39 am

Lol I'm sorry but you would really get offended if someone called you a fruit loop?! Wow what would you do if someone said something that was actually nasty?
middleground
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:06 pm

"I understand within this thread why Trump is a leading candidate for president. Everything makes sense."

Does anyone know how Trump feels about inbreeding to Northern Dancer? It's getting way out of hand overseas and our new president will need to step up and put a halt to this practice before it takes a firm hold in Kentucky farms.
Catalina
Posts: 3172
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:36 pm

carole wrote:Lol I'm sorry but you would really get offended if someone called you a fruit loop?! Wow what would you do if someone said something that was actually nasty?
If the person saying it was someone whose opinion mattered to me, yes, I would find that hurtful.
luvsgeldings
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: SoCal

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:03 pm

loved the update on the zenyatta site - zen looks good - she handles everything with great dignity and class - she has her girlfriend Vixana with her - they are very sweet together - and that dear ann stayed to look after zenyatta too - it was nice to see zenyatta looking so well.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:24 pm

For clarity:

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/zenyatta-a ... irlfriends

Image

Excerpt:
Zenyatta and her new paddock mate, Vixana, have become fast friends. Both mares are owned by the Mosses and they both trained with John at Hollywood Park. Dottie tells us that they learned to break from the gate together!
There are also two vid clips.
Ziggypop
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:For clarity:

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/zenyatta-a ... irlfriends

Image

Excerpt:
Zenyatta and her new paddock mate, Vixana, have become fast friends. Both mares are owned by the Mosses and they both trained with John at Hollywood Park. Dottie tells us that they learned to break from the gate together!
There are also two vid clips.
Very considerate of Ann to keep us up-dated. Also happy to see she stayed on the farm with her gal pal Zenyatta. nothing like company to get through the grief.
BornToWin
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:06 pm

Zenyatta looks relaxed and comfortable. In the one video it shows people coming up to take them back to the barn and it was precious to watch Zenyatta turn and walk to them. Vixana danced around them-- beyond reach, but she followed as they walked back. Skipping! It looks like they are adjusting to living easy in the sunshine. That's good to see and I appreciate seeing them.
EquineAnne
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:47 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:You still have him... in the freezer? :shock: Or, you know. In the cedar box, which would be preferable. :mrgreen:

My basset became partially paralyzed (hind legs) at 9 years old. I took her measurements and got her a K-9 cart and jury-rigged regular baby disposable diapers to a female dog sanitary pants-belt type thing, and she had another 8 very good years. The rubber-necking from pedestrians and drivers when we went on walks... :lol: especially since at Christmas I would decorate the top metal support loop of the K-9 cart with garland and a bow...

I don't know if that's froot-loopy, but it taught me a lot. I can only hope someone is there for me later in life when I need it...
Love it. What a story. I would've loved to have seen the cart decorated. Good on you.
luvsgeldings
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: SoCal

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:21 am

BornToWin.... I loved that too - watching Zenyatta go to her man like such a good girl and behaving so perfectly - and Vixana dancing around and not having it - but then following everyone back to the barn - what a hoot - so nice to see those two mares together.
User avatar
Diver52
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Location: Redlands, CA

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:00 am

I assume she was not bred on her foal heat--do we even know who that lucky guy is this year?
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
User avatar
Life At Zen
Posts: 1655
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:58 am

Diver52 wrote:I assume she was not bred on her foal heat--do we even know who that lucky guy is this year?
Considering while the colt was still alive they were saying War Front was a "strong possibility" for 2016 again, I can't imagine his death changed their minds. If anything, it probably solidified it.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Macaroni
Posts: 1172
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:52 am

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
Diver52 wrote:I assume she was not bred on her foal heat--do we even know who that lucky guy is this year?
Considering while the colt was still alive they were saying War Front was a "strong possibility" for 2016 again, I can't imagine his death changed their minds. If anything, it probably solidified it.
Third time's the charm, hopefully
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Macaroni wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:
Diver52 wrote:I assume she was not bred on her foal heat--do we even know who that lucky guy is this year?
Considering while the colt was still alive they were saying War Front was a "strong possibility" for 2016 again, I can't imagine his death changed their minds. If anything, it probably solidified it.
Third time's the charm, hopefully
I know it's waaaay ahead of anything, but Z Charm would work for either a colt or filly... 8-)
Post Reply