New Conformation Photos

Re: New Conformation Photos

Postby bare it all » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Protonico is a lovely sort, to my eye at least. He looks like a bay version of his grandsire, Hussonet.
bare it all

Postby Izvestia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm

bare it all wrote:Protonico is a lovely sort, to my eye at least. He looks like a bay version of his grandsire, Hussonet.

He really looks like Hussonet, just the dark chocolate mold. He is handsome!
Izvestia

Postby Starine » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Izvestia wrote:
bare it all wrote:Protonico is a lovely sort, to my eye at least. He looks like a bay version of his grandsire, Hussonet.

He really looks like Hussonet, just the dark chocolate mold. He is handsome!

He looks like Hussonet for sure, and I really liked his granddam Wild Spirit.

Beautifully balanced and striking animal.
Starine

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:02 am

Here's a new short video of California Chrome's conformation. Scroll down about three items on the page. https://twitter.com/TomRyanKY?lang=en
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:27 pm

There's another new conformation video of Chrome with comments by Duncan Taylor. This video is part of an article on the Paulick Report: http://www.paulickreport.com/features/in-the-stud/stud-presented-kerx-california-chrome-new-2017/

Chrome has wonderful conformation. He toes out slightly, but that's such a minor thing. One thing that's really nice about him is that he's not a huge horse. At 16 hands, Chrome is the kind of handy size that reminds me of Northern Dancer and his tribe. For this reason alone, Chrome could be a good physical match for a lot of mares since many individual Thoroughbreds these days are on the large side.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Retrospectiv » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:42 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:There's another new conformation video of Chrome with comments by Duncan Taylor. This video is part of an article on the Paulick Report: http://www.paulickreport.com/features/in-the-stud/stud-presented-kerx-california-chrome-new-2017/

Chrome has wonderful conformation. He toes out slightly, but that's such a minor thing. One thing that's really nice about him is that he's not a huge horse. At 16 hands, Chrome is the kind of handy size that reminds me of Northern Dancer and his tribe. For this reason alone, Chrome could be a good physical match for a lot of mares since many individual Thoroughbreds these days are on the large side.

:D :lol:
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Retrospectiv

Postby mariasmon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:44 pm

Retrospectiv wrote:
Ridan_Remembered wrote:There's another new conformation video of Chrome with comments by Duncan Taylor. This video is part of an article on the Paulick Report: http://www.paulickreport.com/features/in-the-stud/stud-presented-kerx-california-chrome-new-2017/

:D :lol:

Did you see the head-on video of him walking? :shock: Thing is, though, at least you know what you're getting with Chrome. He hasn't had corrective surgeries done, obviously.
mariasmon

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:20 am

mariasmon wrote:Did you see the head-on video of him walking? :shock: Thing is, though, at least you know what you're getting with Chrome. He hasn't had corrective surgeries done, obviously.

Sure I saw the video. I don't claim to be an expert on Thoroughbred conformation, but am also not a total novice. I didn't see anything particularly bad about his front. Yes he toes out some, but not severely.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you could explain what you are seeing. I would sure welcome the insights of people who may have experience judging equine conformation. Again, I don't have such in depth experience but am very willing to learn.
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Izvestia » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:32 am

This is what I see when he walks:
- his knees point in like this ><
- from his knees, his feet turn out fairly significantly
- he's narrow up front
- does he have big feet for his size? Or is it the 'chrome' creating an illusion?

Also, I find his back through to his tail quite flat.
Izvestia

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:29 am

Thanks Izvestia. Your explanation is clear. I will re-watch the video and look for those points. Yet Chrome always ran straight, true and sound (except for his last race). I will need to watch videos of other stallions walking to compare with Chrome in order to fully understand the differences. Thank you for this helpful conversation. Much appreciated.
Ridan_Remembered

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales