The Slew Influence

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Noble Sound is especially interesting, since he's out of a daughter of the great Serena's Song. His family has been hard hit by tragedy...not only did Vindication die when he was only eight, so did his dam, Serena's Tune.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... rling-dead
I presume Noble Sound is the yearling who sold for $2.8 million days before his dam's death? So much hope...so much money...placed in a colt who has ended up standing for only $1,000. Breeding is such a gamble...and it can break your heart, as well as your bank account.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 8763
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby serenassong » Mon May 12, 2014 9:12 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Noble Sound is especially interesting, since he's out of a daughter of the great Serena's Song. His family has been hard hit by tragedy...not only did Vindication die when he was only eight, so did his dam, Serena's Tune.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... rling-dead
I presume Noble Sound is the yearling who sold for $2.8 million days before his dam's death? So much hope...so much money...placed in a colt who has ended up standing for only $1,000. Breeding is such a gamble...and it can break your heart, as well as your bank account.


Yes, all that is correct. Darley had him until he was injured- and that's how he ended going to stud in NJ- when the farm that he/ is at got him- they said they would never be able to afford a horse like that if not injured.. I cant find any mare bred reports past 2011, however. Not sure if there was just not enough interest or what the case was.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4694
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby neighhey » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:35 am

By the way, Vocalised has sired at least 5 winners, including Group 3 stakes winner Steip Amach in his first crop.

Edit: Thanks to Equineline, I've discovered he has 27 starters from 77 foals, with 8 winners.
neighhey
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby Retrospectiv » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:49 pm

What ever happened to Maimonides anyhow? I know he's still at Winstar, I saw him mentioned once or twice on their website blog (just in passing mind you).

Was he officially retired from stud? Did he have an injury/issue? I know not every horse needs to be a stallion just because of their bloodlines, but seems odd he wasn't sent to a regional market given there's been sire success in the family. Been curious about him for a while now.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
User avatar
Retrospectiv
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby EquineAnne » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:06 pm

Flanders wrote:
EquineAnne wrote:which ones are at stud in foreign countries?

I just glanced at the list last night, I guess the one is in Saskatchewan, I thought he was in South Korea, my bad. Anyway here is the list of his sons at stud:

United States:
Maimonides
Winstar Farm Llc, KY 2014 FEE: $2,500
dkb/br, 2005, entered stud 2010, by Vindication—Silvery Swan, by Silver Deputy

Baseball Card Kid
Demontigny Ranch, ND 2014 FEE: $500
dkb/br, 2006, entered stud 2010, by Vindication - Unique Creek, by Tricky Creek

Noble Sound
Lightning Chase Farm, PA 2014 FEE: $1,000
dkb/br, 2005, entered stud 2010, by Vindication - Serena's Tune, by Mr. Prospector

West Ranger
Southern Illinois Stud, IL 2013 FEE: Private
b, 2006, entered stud 2010, by Vindication - Hard to Copy, by Mr. Prospector

Canada:
Vengeful Wildcat
Dunroven Farm, MB 2014 FEE: Private
dkb/br, 2008, entered stud 2012, by Vindication - Wild Snitch, by Forest Wildcat

Vindgari
Cherry Grove Stable, SK 2014 FEE: $1,500Can
dkb/br, 2005, entered stud 2013, by Vindication - Garimpeiro, by Mr. Prospector

Ireland:
Vocalised
Redmonstown Stud, IRE 2014 FEE: Private
dkb/br, 2006, entered stud 2011, by Vindication - Serena's Tune, by Mr. Prospector


I just saw this now, so sorry. Thank you, Flanders, for doing this. I know Vocalised is/was owned by Bolger. Reiteration was also bought and raced by Bolger. I was sick when I saw that there was a death report on Reiteration. I often wonder how he died. Thanks again.
EquineAnne
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby Insane Crazy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:15 am

EquineAnne wrote:
serenassong wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Has Slew O' Gold left us some decent sons? I was wondering if Seattle Slew's bloodline is flourishing through anyone besides A.P. Indy?


How about Vindication? Cant think of any one off the top of my head- going to have to research a bit.


I am hoping for success as a broodmare sire.

He just scored a stakes win this weekend as a BM sire with Exaggerator. Your hopes may be fruitful yet. :)
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
User avatar
Insane Crazy
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby serenassong » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:10 pm

serenassong wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Noble Sound is especially interesting, since he's out of a daughter of the great Serena's Song. His family has been hard hit by tragedy...not only did Vindication die when he was only eight, so did his dam, Serena's Tune.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... rling-dead
I presume Noble Sound is the yearling who sold for $2.8 million days before his dam's death? So much hope...so much money...placed in a colt who has ended up standing for only $1,000. Breeding is such a gamble...and it can break your heart, as well as your bank account.


Yes, all that is correct. Darley had him until he was injured- and that's how he ended going to stud in NJ- when the farm that he/ is at got him- they said they would never be able to afford a horse like that if not injured.. I cant find any mare bred reports past 2011, however. Not sure if there was just not enough interest or what the case was.


This is what really concerns me- it's like there was no interest- simply disappeared.

Nice to see Vocalized doing well.

Serena's Tune is special to me, because she was Serena's first baby. She did leave us with Serena's Cat- thru her you get Noble Tune, Honor Code, Lady Serena, and the unraced Morse Code who is just has handsome as Honor Code and is working well over at Fair Hill. So, in that sense, Serena's Tune lives on.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4694
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby Flanders » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:00 am

serenassong wrote:
serenassong wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Noble Sound is especially interesting, since he's out of a daughter of the great Serena's Song. His family has been hard hit by tragedy...not only did Vindication die when he was only eight, so did his dam, Serena's Tune.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... rling-dead
I presume Noble Sound is the yearling who sold for $2.8 million days before his dam's death? So much hope...so much money...placed in a colt who has ended up standing for only $1,000. Breeding is such a gamble...and it can break your heart, as well as your bank account.


Yes, all that is correct. Darley had him until he was injured- and that's how he ended going to stud in NJ- when the farm that he/ is at got him- they said they would never be able to afford a horse like that if not injured.. I cant find any mare bred reports past 2011, however. Not sure if there was just not enough interest or what the case was.


This is what really concerns me- it's like there was no interest- simply disappeared.

Nice to see Vocalized doing well.

Serena's Tune is special to me, because she was Serena's first baby. She did leave us with Serena's Cat- thru her you get Noble Tune, Honor Code, Lady Serena, and the unraced Morse Code who is just has handsome as Honor Code and is working well over at Fair Hill. So, in that sense, Serena's Tune lives on.

He has a 2014 report of mares bred. But not 2012 or 2013.
User avatar
Flanders
 
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby serenassong » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Hope he gets a good one to put him on the map so to speak

In reference to what I was speaking about above Lady Serena will be running in the Monmouth Oaks this Saturday

Lady Serena
Your Comment: Bernardini x Serena's Cat- 3/4 to Honor Code

Date: August 22, 2015
Track: Monmouth Park

Race: 11
Distance: One And One Sixteenth Miles
Surface: Dirt
Age: 03
Race Type: Stakes
Purse: $100,000
Jockey: Ruben C. Hernandez
Trainer: Chad C. Brown
Last Raced: 06/05/2015 at BELMONT PARK in Race 1
Finish Position: 1st

And - her half sister- the one that sold at KeeNov and set a record for $3M for a weanling has been named Serena's Harmony- by Tapit.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4694
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: The Slew Influence

Postby neighhey » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:08 pm

So, I did some digging and Noble Sound has had his first starter. Im a Lonely Boy, a 3YO gelding out of the Mr. Purple mare Miss Purple, was 6th (and last) in a state bred MSW at Presque Isle on Sunday.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEm ... y=USA&rn=1

Apparently, Noble Sound has 3 foals of racing (according to Equineline). I did find My Dear Noble, a 3YO filly who had a 3F work at Mountaineer on 7/24. These two make up his 2012 foal crop.
neighhey
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aethervox, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests