Stallion News

Re: Stallion News

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sun May 20, 2018 12:32 am

Awwww. :cry:
lurkey mclurker
 
Posts: 2074
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:18 pm

Mind Your Biscuits will be getting his passport stamped for Japan when his racing career is over.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... ng-career/
'Biscuits is following champion sprinter Drefong, who was also purchased last fall by Shadai. It would appear that Japan breeder wants to introduce more speed into his racehorses. They're known as stayers, but maybe Shadai wants to try that traditional 'speed over stamina' formula with their next generation.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9255
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby Treve » Wed May 23, 2018 2:26 pm

It's working crazy well with Lord Kanaloa's first crop. One of the things I remember the Japanese breeders commenting was how Sunday Silence injected their horses with tremendous turn of foot. My guess is they are looking for a reliable outcross that will provide the same.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby TapitsGal » Thu May 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Our loss is Japan’s gain. I figured a N.Y. based Farm would want biscuits
TapitsGal
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby lurkey mclurker » Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it_bV8B4N4o - Spring of Shadai Stallion Station (March - May)
lurkey mclurker
 
Posts: 2074
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Fri May 25, 2018 7:44 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it_bV8B4N4o - Spring of Shadai Stallion Station (March - May)


Lurkey, thank you so much for posting this link. It is an absolutely gorgeous video. Shadai is total class.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby starrydreamer » Fri May 25, 2018 10:10 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it_bV8B4N4o - Spring of Shadai Stallion Station (March - May)


Beautiful! Thanks for the link.
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Stallion News

Postby lurkey mclurker » Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 pm

You're very welcome! I'm sure tachyon would have posted it if I hadn't, LOL... :lol: There was a nice glimpse of Drefong and I was interested in the boots/wraps Deep Impact was wearing, I wasn't sure if they were protective or like kinesio tape, to help support his knees.
lurkey mclurker
 
Posts: 2074
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby tachyon » Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 pm

I must say I loved those Shadai's videos. :lol: 8-)
tachyon
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby tachyon » Sat May 26, 2018 8:31 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Mind Your Biscuits will be getting his passport stamped for Japan when his racing career is over.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... ng-career/
'Biscuits is following champion sprinter Drefong, who was also purchased last fall by Shadai. It would appear that Japan breeder wants to introduce more speed into his racehorses. They're known as stayers, but maybe Shadai wants to try that traditional 'speed over stamina' formula with their next generation.


Treve wrote:It's working crazy well with Lord Kanaloa's first crop. One of the things I remember the Japanese breeders commenting was how Sunday Silence injected their horses with tremendous turn of foot. My guess is they are looking for a reliable outcross that will provide the same.


I thought that that was a good deal for Shadai.
World-class sprinter Lord Kanaloa's flying start as a sire emphasizes the importance of speed influence even in Japan, while Sunday Silence-line mares are always ready to provide stamina from the bottom.
Mind Your Biscuits is going to be the first Silver Deputy-line stallion to stand at stud in Japan and I must say Shadai has a good eye.
I suspect that both Drefong and Mind Your Buiscuits will become popular stallions.
tachyon
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Northport and 7 guests