Stallion News

Re: Stallion News

Postby Catalina » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:49 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Royal Mo Set for Stud Career in 2018
Grade 3 winner and grade 1-placed 3-year-old Royal Mo suffered a career-ending injury six days ahead of a scheduled run in the Preakness Stakes (G1) this year, but after surgery at New Bolton Center and several months to recuperate, the son of Uncle Mo is now in a position to pursue a stallion career.

The injury, which occured in his final Preakness workout at Pimlico Race Course May 14, was a severely comminuted fracture of his right front medial proximal sesamoid, which required a surgical fusion of the right front fetlock a day later.

Although Royal Mo's landing spot for his stud career has not been announced, bloodstock agent David Ingordo brokered a sale of the 3-year-old for those purposes. During his racing career Royal Mo was owned by Jerry and Ann Moss and trained by John Shirreffs. Royal Mo's new ownership also has not been announced.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/224809/royal-mo-set-for-stud-career-in-2018

Very glad to hear that he recovered and is moving on to a stud career.
Catalina

Postby sweettalk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:32 am

aside from sunday silence, have any american stallions (or mares) gone to japan and been completely invaluable to their breeding program?
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby Treve » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 am

sweettalk wrote:aside from sunday silence, have any american stallions (or mares) gone to japan and been completely invaluable to their breeding program?

Northern Taste was Canadian-bred and he is what ultimately allowed the Yoshidas to purchase Sunday Silence (and all their other stallions). He was leading sire 11 times.
King Kamehameha while foaled in Japan is a son of Kingmambo that has been pretty influential. Unless you're really only looking for horses who were directly foaled in the US and brought there?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "completely invaluable"?
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby sweettalk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:15 pm

yeah, bred here, raced here, sent there.

we've had storm cat, ap indy, tapit, etc just in recent memory. have any of our stallions that they bought and imported been that important?
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby middleground » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Brian's Time and End Sweep were both effective sires in Japan; not sure if they rise to the level of invaluable, though.
middleground

Postby tachyon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Sunline wrote:I posted this in the memoriam 2017 thread but also decided it belongs in this thread as well.

Pentire(GB) dies at the age of 25,He stood at Rich Hill Stud in New Zealand.

http://www.richhillstud.co.nz/news/2017/11/2141746005/breeding-industry-loses-prolific-pentire

R.I.P Pentire. :(
He was an international star.

Pentire working at Tokyo Racecourse, Nov 1996, before the Japan Cup
tachyon

Postby Starine » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Iron Fist (Tapit) retires to Whispering Oaks Farm in Louisiana after winning his finale at Zia Park. He's a half-brother to Sweet Lulu and a full-brother to Anchor Down.
Starine

Postby ThreeMustangs » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:51 pm

El Padrino is gone due to colic. He was only 8. He first foals are 2yos this year.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ic-surgery
ThreeMustangs

Postby mariasmon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:48 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Since he's reached the age where he's more likely to be pensioned than sold overseas, IMHO Point Given is probably safe from that fate. I would hope that Calumet will always have a stall and paddock for the 2001 HOTY..

I think he may have a new stall and paddock at KHP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb5S77hDyOP/
mariasmon

Postby Diver52 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:29 pm

^^^^^^

Very cool! Well deserved.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales