Stallion News

Re: Stallion News

Postby Northport » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:17 am

Some seniors are easier keepers than other, I wouldnt hold it against someone if their 28 year old horse had some ribs showing. AP Indy’s coat is also an inch long, which is going to make any horse look more filled out.
weeeeeeeee
User avatar
Northport
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Re: Stallion News

Postby serenassong » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Indy looks so fuzzy and huggable (not sure if he is)
HC is giving his dad the famous side eye- got it from pops apparently :D
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4672
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Stallion News

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:51 pm

Speaking of Indy, his son, Friesan Fire, is the 2017 Leading Sire in Maryland. For 2017 he was:
#1 Maryland sire
#2 MidAtlantic sire
#15 North America Third-Crop sire

I'm so happy for Country Life that Fire is proving to be at least a leading regional sire, and happy for Indy that his line continues through several sons and grandsons.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby MTO » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:25 am

Ridan_Remembered wrote:Speaking of Indy, his son, Friesan Fire, is the 2017 Leading Sire in Maryland. For 2017 he was:
#1 Maryland sire
#2 MidAtlantic sire
#15 North America Third-Crop sire

I'm so happy for Country Life that Fire is proving to be at least a leading regional sire, and happy for Indy that his line continues through several sons and grandsons.


Friesan Fire covered 14 mares in 2017. I hope he gets more for 2018.
MTO
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:16 am

MTO wrote:
Ridan_Remembered wrote:Speaking of Indy, his son, Friesan Fire, is the 2017 Leading Sire in Maryland. For 2017 he was:
#1 Maryland sire
#2 MidAtlantic sire
#15 North America Third-Crop sire

I'm so happy for Country Life that Fire is proving to be at least a leading regional sire, and happy for Indy that his line continues through several sons and grandsons.


Friesan Fire covered 14 mares in 2017. I hope he gets more for 2018.


#15 North American Third-Crop sire might help attract some mares. Fire has actually done really good considering his limited opportunities.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby Katewerk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:#15 North American Third-Crop sire might help attract some mares. Fire has actually done really good considering his limited opportunities.


Does no one chart data on return on investment by sire?
User avatar
Katewerk
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Stallion News

Postby Miss Woodford » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Katewerk wrote:
Ridan_Remembered wrote:#15 North American Third-Crop sire might help attract some mares. Fire has actually done really good considering his limited opportunities.


Does no one chart data on return on investment by sire?

A lot harder to do that since you'd have to exclude homebreds and mare owners who got a discount (which can be quite a significant number).
User avatar
Miss Woodford
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: Stallion News

Postby Starine » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Hovdey: Arrogate preparing for new challenge
http://www.drf.com/news/hovdey-arrogate ... -challenge
User avatar
Starine
 
Posts: 3607
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Stallion News

Postby Katewerk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:20 am

Miss Woodford wrote:
Does no one chart data on return on investment by sire?


A lot harder to do that since you'd have to exclude homebreds and mare owners who got a discount (which can be quite a significant number).[/quote]

I think that would be one of the lesser difficulties -- the announced stud fee could still be assigned to each foal as though it had been paid.

The data wouldn't tell you much about young sires, but for established stallions it should be fairly straightforward -- what are the average lifetime earnings of a Tapit vs an Afleet Alex on the track, (not the sales shed) in relation to their fee -- as in which is really the better value? Kind of surprised that some version of data of this type hasn't been considered in an industry that throws significant money at auction buys and stud services.
User avatar
Katewerk
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Stallion News

Postby Katewerk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:24 am

Miss Woodford wrote:

A lot harder to do that since you'd have to exclude homebreds and mare owners who got a discount (which can be quite a significant number).


I think that would be one of the lesser difficulties -- the announced stud fee could still be assigned to each foal as though it had been paid.

The data wouldn't tell you much about young sires, but for established stallions it should be fairly straightforward -- what are the average lifetime earnings of a Tapit vs an Afleet Alex on the track, (not the sales shed) in relation to their fee -- as in which is really the better value? Kind of surprised that some version of data of this type hasn't been considered in an industry that throws significant money at auction buys and stud services.
User avatar
Katewerk
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests