Postby Starine » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:21 pm

El Chumpari off to Columbia to begin stud career
http://www.drf.com/news/eh-cumpari-colo ... tud-career
Starine

Re: Stallion News

Postby tachyon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:41 am

-- from France-sire.com

http://www.france-sire.com/actu_etablis ... vrisme.php

Sunday Break(JPN)(Forty Niner) died of a ruptured aneurysm at Haras de la Barbottière, France, on March 12th 2017.

at Haras de la Barbottiere, Feb 18th 2017.

I'm devastated. :cry:
I really liked him and always followed him in New York.
His Peter Pan Stakes win at Belmont Park was just beautiful.
And his 3rd place finish in the Belmont Stakes was monumental for a Japanese-bred horse.
But I firmly believe that his career best effort was his 3rd place finish in the G1 Wood Memorial at Aqueduct.
Cheering for him from the apron, I really thought he could win it as he came down the stretch in a three-way battle.
Buddha and Medaglia d'Oro were too good at the finish line, but I was very very proud of him.
I hoped he would stay in the US as a stallion, but he was transferred to France after a few years where he saw many success.
Sunday Break(JPN) was a 1/2 brother to Japanese champions Phalaenopsis(JPN)(Brian's Time) and Kizuna(JPN)(Deep Impact).
May he rest in peace.

-- replay of 2002 Wood Memorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sA-aqm1ZcM
tachyon

Postby Summer Bird » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Coolmore posted that Danehill Dancer was euthanized due to old age.
Summer Bird

Postby Diver52 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Sunday Break was gorgeous. :(
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby Treve » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:11 am

Some very tough losses this year :(
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:50 pm

Update on New York sires Central Banker, Teuflesberg, Laoban, Forty Tales, and Here Comes Ben (who was sold to a stud farm in Jamaica).

Life on the Farm: Breeding season underway
http://thisishorseracing.com/news/index.php/features/4554-life-on-the-farm-breeding-season-underway
Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:00 pm

What?!?
Reports from Chilean media Thursday afternoon indicated that multiple Eclipse Award champion California Chrome will shuttle to Chile for stud duty during the Southern Hemisphere breeding season. La Hípica reported the recently-retired son of Lucky Pulpit will stand at Haras Sumaya, located near Pirque. California Chrome currently stands stud at Taylor Made Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Duncan Taylor, president of Taylor Made Farm, said no deal had officially been reached regarding California Chrome's shuttle status.
“There is no currently signed agreement,” he said. “We're still in the midst of getting it done. What you're hearing is not totally true, but it's not totally false, either. It's likely that there will be a deal done.”

Read more: http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... stud-duty/

Isn't it unusual for a stallion to shuttle in his very first year at stud? For Taylor Made to risk a horse of 'Chrome's stature, before he even has one foal crop on the ground, makes it seem like they are a little desperate to get more stud fees. :roll:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby bare it all » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:08 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:What?!?
Reports from Chilean media Thursday afternoon indicated that multiple Eclipse Award champion California Chrome will shuttle to Chile for stud duty during the Southern Hemisphere breeding season. La Hípica reported the recently-retired son of Lucky Pulpit will stand at Haras Sumaya, located near Pirque. California Chrome currently stands stud at Taylor Made Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Duncan Taylor, president of Taylor Made Farm, said no deal had officially been reached regarding California Chrome's shuttle status.
“There is no currently signed agreement,” he said. “We're still in the midst of getting it done. What you're hearing is not totally true, but it's not totally false, either. It's likely that there will be a deal done.”

Isn't it unusual for a stallion to shuttle in his very first year at stud? For Taylor Made to risk a horse of 'Chrome's stature, before he even has one foal crop on the ground, makes it seem like they are a little desperate to get more stud fees. :roll:

Didn't Animal Kingdom do this? Honestly, they might as well if there's interest. Stallion business is finicky.
bare it all

Postby TBird » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Animal Kingdom started his stud career at Arrowfield in Australia. From there he shuttled to the U.S.
TBird

Postby Northport » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:What?!?

Well they're in the business of making stallions... so why wouldn't they be 'desperate' for their stallions to cover as many mares as possible and get their investment back as quickly as possible? Unless it's American Pharoah aka one of the most valuable stallion prospects ever, most new stallions, at least those at major farms like Darley and Coolmore, shuttle. If anything, they become less likely to shuttle the more years they spend at stud if they shape up to be superstars, a la Galileo and Dubawi. Or if they end up being duds, a la Big Brown.

I'm sure Chromies will start moaning about greed and say Martin is the one behind this, but Chrome isn't a pet, he is a breeding stallion that has shareholders.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales