Stallion News

User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Earth Angel is a lovely, refined filly. I'm also an Animal Kingdom fan and glad that he was well-supported with such quality mares like Miss Finland in Australia.

Does anyone know any other group I winners/producers that visited him down there?
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Spending Time With Tapit
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/throught ... tapit.aspx
On cold wet days, Venegas lets Tapit dry and then uses a vacuum to clean off all the mud on the stallion. Then he gets groomed, his mane and tail combed, his body brushed. Like a massage, Tapit seems to feel good and enjoy the attention. He often interacts with Venegas while getting groomed in his stall heaped with straw.
Image
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:42 pm

I've noticed that most stallions (unless they're real people-haters) are quite hedonistic. They love physical attention like grooming, withers scratches and tongue-pulling. Of course, their attempts at reciprocating the physical attention can be a bit rough. :P ;)
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1412
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Spending Time With Tapit
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/throught ... tapit.aspx
On cold wet days, Venegas lets Tapit dry and then uses a vacuum to clean off all the mud on the stallion. Then he gets groomed, his mane and tail combed, his body brushed. Like a massage, Tapit seems to feel good and enjoy the attention. He often interacts with Venegas while getting groomed in his stall heaped with straw.
Love this photo. Thanks for posting.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Tapit is fabulous. I love the photos accompanying that article, especially the one where he's so muddy, lol. :lol:
TapitsGal
Posts: 794
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Prayer for Relief has finally retired. He will arrive at pleasant acres stallions in Florida next week. He will breed mares this season
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 3859
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:52 pm

TapitsGal wrote:Prayer for Relief has finally retired. He will arrive at pleasant acres stallions in Florida next week. He will breed mares this season
He's extremely good looking. I hadn't seen him in a long time, then he showed up at Keeneland for the Ben Ali. He was definitely a man among boys in the paddock.
Izvestia
Posts: 3817
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:17 am

I love Prayer for Relief! I think he's a very attractive stallion prospect, and I'm a huge fan of his sire. I hope he does well.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Clyde's first black-type stakes winner today. (Article says her dam Soave died earlier this year.)

Fifty Five Sets Stakes Record in Florida Oaks
Homebred Fifty Five, the first black-type stakes winner for Crestwood Farm's second-crop sire Get Stormy, rallied willingly March 11 in the $200,000 Florida Oaks (G3T) to eke out a neck tally over grade 3 winner La Coronel, picking up her first graded victory and setting a stakes record in the process.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ium=social
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4275
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Izvestia wrote:I love Prayer for Relief! I think he's a very attractive stallion prospect, and I'm a huge fan of his sire. I hope he does well.
Durable to boot. Not many stallions retiring sound at 9 after 50 starts. Not a bad addition to the gene pool.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4006
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:21 pm

El Chumpari off to Columbia to begin stud career
http://www.drf.com/news/eh-cumpari-colo ... tud-career
tachyon
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:41 am

-- from France-sire.com

http://www.france-sire.com/actu_etablis ... vrisme.php

Sunday Break(JPN)(Forty Niner) died of a ruptured aneurysm at Haras de la Barbottière, France, on March 12th 2017.

Image
at Haras de la Barbottiere, Feb 18th 2017.

I'm devastated. :cry:
I really liked him and always followed him in New York.
His Peter Pan Stakes win at Belmont Park was just beautiful.
And his 3rd place finish in the Belmont Stakes was monumental for a Japanese-bred horse.
But I firmly believe that his career best effort was his 3rd place finish in the G1 Wood Memorial at Aqueduct.
Cheering for him from the apron, I really thought he could win it as he came down the stretch in a three-way battle.
Buddha and Medaglia d'Oro were too good at the finish line, but I was very very proud of him.
I hoped he would stay in the US as a stallion, but he was transferred to France after a few years where he saw many success.
Sunday Break(JPN) was a 1/2 brother to Japanese champions Phalaenopsis(JPN)(Brian's Time) and Kizuna(JPN)(Deep Impact).
May he rest in peace.

-- replay of 2002 Wood Memorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sA-aqm1ZcM
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Coolmore posted that Danehill Dancer was euthanized due to old age.
User avatar
Diver52
Posts: 1610
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Location: Redlands, CA

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Sunday Break was gorgeous. :(
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4275
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:11 am

Some very tough losses this year :(
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4766
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:50 pm

Update on New York sires Central Banker, Teuflesberg, Laoban, Forty Tales, and Here Comes Ben (who was sold to a stud farm in Jamaica).

Life on the Farm: Breeding season underway
http://thisishorseracing.com/news/index ... n-underway
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:00 pm

What?!?
Reports from Chilean media Thursday afternoon indicated that multiple Eclipse Award champion California Chrome will shuttle to Chile for stud duty during the Southern Hemisphere breeding season. La Hípica reported the recently-retired son of Lucky Pulpit will stand at Haras Sumaya, located near Pirque. California Chrome currently stands stud at Taylor Made Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Duncan Taylor, president of Taylor Made Farm, said no deal had officially been reached regarding California Chrome's shuttle status.
“There is no currently signed agreement,” he said. “We're still in the midst of getting it done. What you're hearing is not totally true, but it's not totally false, either. It's likely that there will be a deal done.”

Read more: http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... stud-duty/

Isn't it unusual for a stallion to shuttle in his very first year at stud? For Taylor Made to risk a horse of 'Chrome's stature, before he even has one foal crop on the ground, makes it seem like they are a little desperate to get more stud fees. :roll:
User avatar
bare it all
Posts: 1074
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:08 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:What?!?
Reports from Chilean media Thursday afternoon indicated that multiple Eclipse Award champion California Chrome will shuttle to Chile for stud duty during the Southern Hemisphere breeding season. La Hípica reported the recently-retired son of Lucky Pulpit will stand at Haras Sumaya, located near Pirque. California Chrome currently stands stud at Taylor Made Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Duncan Taylor, president of Taylor Made Farm, said no deal had officially been reached regarding California Chrome's shuttle status.
“There is no currently signed agreement,” he said. “We're still in the midst of getting it done. What you're hearing is not totally true, but it's not totally false, either. It's likely that there will be a deal done.”

Read more: http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... stud-duty/

Isn't it unusual for a stallion to shuttle in his very first year at stud? For Taylor Made to risk a horse of 'Chrome's stature, before he even has one foal crop on the ground, makes it seem like they are a little desperate to get more stud fees. :roll:
Didn't Animal Kingdom do this? Honestly, they might as well if there's interest. Stallion business is finicky.
TBird
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:09 am

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Animal Kingdom started his stud career at Arrowfield in Australia. From there he shuttled to the U.S.
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2021
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:What?!?
Reports from Chilean media Thursday afternoon indicated that multiple Eclipse Award champion California Chrome will shuttle to Chile for stud duty during the Southern Hemisphere breeding season. La Hípica reported the recently-retired son of Lucky Pulpit will stand at Haras Sumaya, located near Pirque. California Chrome currently stands stud at Taylor Made Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Duncan Taylor, president of Taylor Made Farm, said no deal had officially been reached regarding California Chrome's shuttle status.
“There is no currently signed agreement,” he said. “We're still in the midst of getting it done. What you're hearing is not totally true, but it's not totally false, either. It's likely that there will be a deal done.”

Read more: http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... stud-duty/

Isn't it unusual for a stallion to shuttle in his very first year at stud? For Taylor Made to risk a horse of 'Chrome's stature, before he even has one foal crop on the ground, makes it seem like they are a little desperate to get more stud fees. :roll:
Well they're in the business of making stallions... so why wouldn't they be 'desperate' for their stallions to cover as many mares as possible and get their investment back as quickly as possible? Unless it's American Pharoah aka one of the most valuable stallion prospects ever, most new stallions, at least those at major farms like Darley and Coolmore, shuttle. If anything, they become less likely to shuttle the more years they spend at stud if they shape up to be superstars, a la Galileo and Dubawi. Or if they end up being duds, a la Big Brown.

I'm sure Chromies will start moaning about greed and say Martin is the one behind this, but Chrome isn't a pet, he is a breeding stallion that has shareholders.
weeeeeeeee
Post Reply