Stallion News

Re: Stallion News

Postby Starine » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Earth Angel is a lovely, refined filly. I'm also an Animal Kingdom fan and glad that he was well-supported with such quality mares like Miss Finland in Australia.

Does anyone know any other group I winners/producers that visited him down there?
Starine

Postby Sparrow Castle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Spending Time With Tapit
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/throughthelens/archive/2017/03/10/spending-time-with-tapit.aspx
On cold wet days, Venegas lets Tapit dry and then uses a vacuum to clean off all the mud on the stallion. Then he gets groomed, his mane and tail combed, his body brushed. Like a massage, Tapit seems to feel good and enjoy the attention. He often interacts with Venegas while getting groomed in his stall heaped with straw.

Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:42 pm

I've noticed that most stallions (unless they're real people-haters) are quite hedonistic. They love physical attention like grooming, withers scratches and tongue-pulling. Of course, their attempts at reciprocating the physical attention can be a bit rough. :P ;)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby ThreeMustangs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Spending Time With Tapit
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/throughthelens/archive/2017/03/10/spending-time-with-tapit.aspx
On cold wet days, Venegas lets Tapit dry and then uses a vacuum to clean off all the mud on the stallion. Then he gets groomed, his mane and tail combed, his body brushed. Like a massage, Tapit seems to feel good and enjoy the attention. He often interacts with Venegas while getting groomed in his stall heaped with straw.

Love this photo. Thanks for posting.
ThreeMustangs

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Tapit is fabulous. I love the photos accompanying that article, especially the one where he's so muddy, lol. :lol:
Ridan_Remembered

Postby TapitsGal » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Prayer for Relief has finally retired. He will arrive at pleasant acres stallions in Florida next week. He will breed mares this season
TapitsGal

Postby mariasmon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:52 pm

TapitsGal wrote:Prayer for Relief has finally retired. He will arrive at pleasant acres stallions in Florida next week. He will breed mares this season

He's extremely good looking. I hadn't seen him in a long time, then he showed up at Keeneland for the Ben Ali. He was definitely a man among boys in the paddock.
mariasmon

Postby Izvestia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:17 am

I love Prayer for Relief! I think he's a very attractive stallion prospect, and I'm a huge fan of his sire. I hope he does well.
Izvestia

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Clyde's first black-type stakes winner today. (Article says her dam Soave died earlier this year.)

Fifty Five Sets Stakes Record in Florida Oaks
Homebred Fifty Five, the first black-type stakes winner for Crestwood Farm's second-crop sire Get Stormy, rallied willingly March 11 in the $200,000 Florida Oaks (G3T) to eke out a neck tally over grade 3 winner La Coronel, picking up her first graded victory and setting a stakes record in the process.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/220385/fifty-five-sets-stakes-record-in-florida-oaks?utm_source=BHTW&utm_medium=social
Sparrow Castle

Postby Treve » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Izvestia wrote:I love Prayer for Relief! I think he's a very attractive stallion prospect, and I'm a huge fan of his sire. I hope he does well.

Durable to boot. Not many stallions retiring sound at 9 after 50 starts. Not a bad addition to the gene pool.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales