Stallion News

Re: Stallion News

Postby Sparrow Castle » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Shadwell Farm‏@ShadwellFarm
First mare scanned in foal to TAMARKUZ!
Sparrow Castle

Postby lurkey mclurker » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:41 am

From around the internet: White Muzzle, standing (pensioned recently?) in Japan, has died at age 27 from infirmities of old age.
lurkey mclurker

Postby mariasmon » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:17 pm

American Pharoah will shuttle to Australia. I'm only surprised he didn't go last year.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/am ... australia/
mariasmon

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Maybe they wanted to get at least two crops from him before they risked shipping him to the other side of the world?
I know that stallions shuttle regularly, but...it seems that we also regularly hear of issues like colic in shuttled horses. :(
I can't help but think it's a bit of a gamble every time you put a horse on plane, and send them to a strange environment. Hopefully, AP's near-bomb-proof temperament will make it easier for him.
I don't blame the Aussies for wanting to have AP available to them. I just hope that all goes well for our priceless Triple Crown champ.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ziggypop » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:51 pm

mariasmon wrote:American Pharoah will shuttle to Australia. I'm only surprised he didn't go last year.

I am surprised at the how cheap the stud fee will be.
Ziggypop

Postby KimmieB » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Ziggypop wrote:
mariasmon wrote:American Pharoah will shuttle to Australia. I'm only surprised he didn't go last year.

Me too. It also makes me very curious as to how much breeders have paid for his private fee this year compared to last years fee.
KimmieB

Postby Ridan_Remembered » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:48 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Maybe they wanted to get at least two crops from him before they risked shipping him to the other side of the world?
I know that stallions shuttle regularly, but...it seems that we also regularly hear of issues like colic in shuttled horses. :(
I can't help but think it's a bit of a gamble every time you put a horse on plane, and send them to a strange environment. Hopefully, AP's near-bomb-proof temperament will make it easier for him.
I don't blame the Aussies for wanting to have AP available to them. I just hope that all goes well for our priceless Triple Crown champ.

Agreed. Re Aussies wanted to have AP available, though, aren't most of their horses sprinters? Pharoah is most definitely not a sprinter. Maybe the thinking is he will bring balance to some of their bloodlines?
Ridan_Remembered

Postby Treve » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Ziggypop wrote:

What's the most expensive the australian market usually pays for a highly sought after stallion?
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:03 pm

RR: Re Aussies wanted to have AP available, though, aren't most of their horses sprinters? Pharoah is most definitely not a sprinter. Maybe the thinking is he will bring balance to some of their bloodlines?

That could definitely be part of the demand. IIRC, there has been some some grumbling from Down Under fans that their breeding industry has been falling down when it comes to providing winners for the Melbourne Cup. In recent years, much of the field for The Race That Stops a Nation has been composed of imports from Britain. :oops:
If AP, who did pretty well over 12 furlongs, can sire runners who can once again fly the flag for Australian stayers, Aussie fans will be very happy.
If he shuttles again in a couple of years, maybe he'll rate a date with the Wonderful Winx. ;) :D
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Northport » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Maybe they wanted to get at least two crops from him before they risked shipping him to the other side of the world?

Agreed. Re Aussies wanted to have AP available, though, aren't most of their horses sprinters? Pharoah is most definitely not a sprinter. Maybe the thinking is he will bring balance to some of their bloodlines?

I mean, he was still plenty precocious. A 2 y/o Champion and winner of a G1 at 7f. Also free of Danehill.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales