Stallion News

Re: Stallion News

Postby Izvestia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Glad to see Midnight Storm getting sone respect. Helluva horse!
Izvestia

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Darley‏ @DarleyStallions
Here's a closer look at #Astern, #MedagliadOro's best son, who joins the stallion roster at Jonabell Farm in Kentucky in 2018:
https://twitter.com/DarleyStallions/status/917802230404800514
Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Very handsome, and even more beautiful when in motion. MdO doesn't seem to ever sire ugly horses.
I found the Tattersall's videos below Astern's promo very interesting. Their large sales ring is a much better design than Keeneland's, IMHO. It lets the horses keep moving in a good-sized circle, and there is no auctioneer's podium intruding into their space for yearlings to run into when they spook. :oops:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Northport » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:18 pm

I've always preferred the setups that Goffs and Tatts have, especially when you have spooky/energetic foals/yearlings. It's also nice to see the horses walking if you didnt happened to find a video of them in the online catalogue.
weeeeeeeee
Northport

Postby Sparrow Castle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:45 pm

^^^I kind of have mixed feelings. But I've never been to view an auction with this setup. I agree it's nice to have them in a large walking ring with no podium for a horse to kick into. But I also like having them raised up a bit to more closely see their legs and body type even if big guys are sitting in front of me. I guess that's why we have separate walking rings at our auctions, although I usually plant myself in a front row for the auction.
....................................................................................

Greenpointcrusader Retired to Ocala Stud
rade 1 winner Greenpointcrusader, who captured the Champagne Stakes (G1) at 2, has been retired to stud and will stand his first season in 2018 at Ocala Stud in Central Florida, where he is now available for inspection. A fee will be announced at a later date.

"Greenpointcrusader was one of the best 2-year-olds of his crop, as evidenced by fast wins against Saratoga maiden company and then the grade 1 Champagne Stakes at Belmont," said Ocala Stud's J. Michael O'Farrell. "His 94 Beyer Speed Figure in the Champagne was as fast as Uncle Mo , and it's one of the fastest in the last decade from what is a marquee race for 2-year-olds.

"Greenpointcrusader has a tremendous stallion pedigree, with two of his brothers currently standing stud in Kentucky, and he's the only grade 1-winning 2-year-old out of his highly accomplished dam. There's a lot to like about this horse, and we believe breeders will really like him when they see him."

The son of Bernardini is out of the blue hen mare Ava Knowsthecode (Cryptoclearance), who has produced four other graded stakes winners—grade 1 winner and freshman sire Justin Phillip , who won the 2013 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (G1) and placed in four other grade 1s; grade 2 winner Keyed Entry, and grade 3 winners Successful Mission and Algorithms , who is a second-crop sire this year.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/224061/greenpointcrusader-retired-to-ocala-stud
Sparrow Castle

Postby Retrospectiv » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:25 pm

"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Retrospectiv

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Claiborne Farm‏Verified account @claibornefarm
Announced today: G1 winner #Mastery to stand for $25K, Champion #Runhappy for $25K, and top sure #WarFront for $250K.
Sparrow Castle

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Retrospectiv wrote:The Factor to Japan for 2018:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... n-for-2018

Interesting, one-year lease, sounds kind of unusual. They won't know much by then. He's quite the traveling boy.
Sparrow Castle

Postby sweettalk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 am

am i the only one who thinks war front is a little over priced?
before anyone gets angry, i'm happy to learn more abt his stats relative to other stallions that stand/have stood in his price range, to get a better idea of if he is, actually, over priced. :oops:
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby Flanders » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 am

sweettalk wrote:am i the only one who thinks war front is a little over priced?
before anyone gets angry, i'm happy to learn more abt his stats relative to other stallions that stand/have stood in his price range, to get a better idea of if he is, actually, over priced. :oops:

He isn't overpriced in my opinion. He has fantastic stats(11% Stakes winners to foals), he is routinely in the top couple stallions for stakes winners or graded stakes winners and sales yearlings.
Flanders

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding & Sales