Stallion Headshots Collection

User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:14 pm

tachyon wrote:Orfevre(JPN) (Stay Gold)
The 'unlikely hero' is always a superstar. :D
I really like Orfevre and wish him the very best in his stud career.
tachyon
Posts: 3353
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Dialed In(USA) (Mineshaft)
Image
@krlangston1965
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Dialed In is handsome! I'm so glad he's producing some really nice horses.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Dialed In is a good looking fellow. I like his pedigree also and it's nice to see the name Darby Dan associated with a successful stallion again.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:55 pm

California Chrome in a picture taken today (3/5/17), courtesy Delany Witbrod (https://twitter.com/delaneywitbrod_?lang=en)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Ga5L5UwAAoPh9.jpg

And TM's new stallion, Not This Time: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5cyy4qXQAAhe-C.jpg

Please follow the links provided because the pictures are too large for this forum's column width.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4655
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:45 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:California Chrome in a picture taken today (3/5/17), courtesy Delany Witbrod (https://twitter.com/delaneywitbrod_?lang=en)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6Ga5L5UwAAoPh9.jpg

And TM's new stallion, Not This Time: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5cyy4qXQAAhe-C.jpg

Please follow the links provided because the pictures are too large for this forum's column width.
Hi, Ridan. These are such pretty headshots, I'd like to post them. For anyone who hasn't learned this trick, I'll share it. Right-click on the photo and select "copy image (or photo) address." On the formatting bar at the top of the text box here, click on the "Img" box, and paste the address in between the two Image

This is Not This Time:
Image
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9336
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:50 pm

I think both those boys are handsome. 'Chrome has a chiseled head and muzzle, while NTT has an elegant look with his long neck. And they both have big, dark eyes, something that really appeals to me.
Dialed In, while otherwise attractive, seems to have rather small eyes for the length of his head. :oops:
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:54 am

Good morning Sparrow Castle. Thanks for posting the actual pictures. They are indeed pretty head shots of the two stallions. Chrome has always been a looker, of course, and that's one reason for his incredible popularity. But Not This Time is also deserving of notice because he sure is one pretty fellow.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4655
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:Good morning Sparrow Castle. Thanks for posting the actual pictures. They are indeed pretty head shots of the two stallions. Chrome has always been a looker, of course, and that's one reason for his incredible popularity. But Not This Time is also deserving of notice because he sure is one pretty fellow.
My pleasure, and I agree!
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2080
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Orfevre still has his Barbie locks... :lol:

Image
Image

(via @nabecci)
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Orfevre is really quite beautiful. Not a Palomino, but almost has Palomino-like mane and tail. I especially like Orfevre's pedigree, which would be nearly a total outcross for many American (and British) horses. I will never have the money, of course, but my fantasy is to bring quality mares by stallions such as Orfevre and some top German-breds to this country to cross with our top stallions.
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:42 pm

He is beautiful but his mane looks horrible.
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 1958
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Japanese horsemen seem like they tend to let the manes grow out on their horses, even when they are in training. Orfevre has always had those flowing locks, I think Gold Ship did too, off the top of my head. I like it.
weeeeeeeee
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:18 pm

But, it's not natural because it's straightened out. Typically their manes grow on an angle, almost in a triangle. It's been grown out, but trimmed straight. Ugh.
Squally
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 am

Izvestia wrote:But, it's not natural because it's straightened out. Typically their manes grow on an angle, almost in a triangle. It's been grown out, but trimmed straight. Ugh.
I don't know, it looks natural to me. I work with Saddlebreds and we leave the manes long. Looks like every mane in our barn.
User avatar
starrydreamer
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Squally wrote:
Izvestia wrote:But, it's not natural because it's straightened out. Typically their manes grow on an angle, almost in a triangle. It's been grown out, but trimmed straight. Ugh.
I don't know, it looks natural to me. I work with Saddlebreds and we leave the manes long. Looks like every mane in our barn.
It looks like Orfevre's mane is pulled, not cut with scissors. Looks fine to me.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4655
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Lane's End‏ @LanesEndFarms
Happy Birthday to the handsome Quality Road #bighairdontcare
Image
Izvestia
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Quality Road *horse crush*
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4036
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:19 pm

Forelock for days
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2080
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:25 pm

via Twitter, happy birthday Deep Impact! (15)

Image
Post Reply