Stallion News

TapitsGal
Posts: 794
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:12 pm

Real Solution is off to Louisiana
TapitsGal
Posts: 794
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Starine wrote:Hovdey: Arrogate preparing for new challenge
http://www.drf.com/news/hovdey-arrogate ... -challenge
I’m happy Arrogate is adjusting well and I’m also glad to read the bit about Paulassilverlining and must admit I’m curious as to who her pasture mates are
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4757
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Florida sire High Cotton pensioned
High Cotton, a prominent sire in Florida, has been pensioned from stallion duty due to declining fertility.

The 15-year-old son of Dixie Union spent his entire career at Ocala Stud in Ocala, Fla., and he will continue to reside there as a pensioner. He stood the 2017 breeding season for a fee of $4,000.

“We really saw a decline in his fertility, and the partnership just made the decision that it would be in his best interest to just look after him and not market him as a commercial stallion,” said David O’Farrell of Ocala Stud. “He’s been good to us and he’s a neat horse. He’ll have the remainder of his life here.”
http://www.drf.com/news/florida-sire-hi ... -pensioned
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:42 pm

Good lord, I think he's gotten even BIGGER since his stint in Oz... :shock:
@nabecci 6h 6 hours ago

Translated from Japanese by Bing
Good morning!?!
Maurice! I came back from Australia!
Image
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:50 am

Maurice is such a pretty stallion.
tachyon
Posts: 3437
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:25 am

A Shin Forward(USA), 2005H. Forest Wildcat(USA) x Wake Up Kiss(USA), will return to his home state to take up stud duties at Rockridge Stud, N.Y.

http://www.nytbreeders.org/news/2018/01 ... idge-stud/

Image
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001051916/

-- replay of the G1 Mile Championship 1600m turf at Kyoto in 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImdftnkBNzE
1st. (#13) A Shin Forward(USA) 1:31.8 (Record)
RuffiantoRags
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:18 pm

tachyon wrote:A Shin Forward(USA), 2005H. Forest Wildcat(USA) x Wake Up Kiss(USA), will return to his home state to take up stud duties at Rockridge Stud, N.Y.

http://www.nytbreeders.org/news/2018/01 ... idge-stud/

Image
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001051916/

-- replay of the G1 Mile Championship 1600m turf at Kyoto in 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImdftnkBNzE
1st. (#13) A Shin Forward(USA) 1:31.8 (Record)
What a nice looking horse!
User avatar
Private Thoughts
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm
Location: Kentucky

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:46 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:Good lord, I think he's gotten even BIGGER since his stint in Oz... :shock:
@nabecci 6h 6 hours ago

Translated from Japanese by Bing
Good morning!?!
Maurice! I came back from Australia!
Image
It's winter in Japan, so I doubt the trees have leaves or that it is very green there at the moment. That photo was taken when it was warmer and the trees were fully leafed out. People are dressed for warm weather, not wintertime. So this is not a new photo.
tachyon
Posts: 3437
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:15 am

Private Thoughts wrote:
lurkey mclurker wrote:Good lord, I think he's gotten even BIGGER since his stint in Oz... :shock:
@nabecci 6h 6 hours ago

Translated from Japanese by Bing
Good morning!?!
Maurice! I came back from Australia!
Image
It's winter in Japan, so I doubt the trees have leaves or that it is very green there at the moment. That photo was taken when it was warmer and the trees were fully leafed out. People are dressed for warm weather, not wintertime. So this is not a new photo.
Well 'nabecci' is one of the most reliable accounts one could find on the internet. ;)
I suspect that he just forgot to mention that the photo had been taken last summer.

Go nabecci go!!! :D :D

Anyway....

here are the most recent picks of Maurice(JPN) who returned to Japan from Australia on Jan 21st 2018.

-- from uma-furusato.com news (Jan 25th 2018).
http://uma-furusato.com/news/detail/_id_92263


Image
Image
Image

In 2017 Maurice covered 386 mares -- 265 mares in Japan and 121 mares in Australia.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Private Thoughts wrote:It's winter in Japan, so I doubt the trees have leaves or that it is very green there at the moment. That photo was taken when it was warmer and the trees were fully leafed out. People are dressed for warm weather, not wintertime. So this is not a new photo.
The photo could have been taken while the stallion was still in the southern hemisphere where it is now summer.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:16 pm

The handler is wearing a Shadai shirt, which could mean Japan at a different time than now, or that someone traveled with Maurice to Oz. Either way, he looks bigger than I remembered. Still a tank! :lol:
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4757
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Valiant Minister Retired to Bridlewood
Baoma Corporation’s Valiant Minister (Candy Ride {Arg}–Spooky Minister, by Deputy Minister), a $680,000 OBSOPN buy, has been retired and will stand stud at Bridlewood Farm in Florida for a fee of $2,500 S&N.

“Valiant Minister could have been any kind, everything about him suggested he was a serious racehorse,” said George G. Isaacs, Bridlewood general manager. “He showed at both OBS and Santa Anita that he was a special talent, but unfortunately had a significant stall accident that cut his career short. I believe Florida breeders will be the benefactors now, because this horse has quite a lot to offer. He’s a great blend of Candy Ride and Deputy Minister: big, strapping physical, very well made, a lot of substance, and Candy Ride is on fire with a lot of exciting colts going right now.”
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/va ... ig.twitter
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Looks like he's settling in well... :mrgreen:
Jess Samy @Frankel1313
Jan 24

Love this photo of ARROGATE.

One of the illustrious horses to carry His Highness Prince Khalid's silks. #Frankel #DancingBrave #Enable #Danehill #OasisDream
Image
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:02 am

Lovely photo of Arrogate.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 4757
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Neolithic to Pleasant Acres Stallions
Neolithic (Harlan’s Holiday–Swingit, by Victory Gallop), third-place finisher in last term’s G1 Dubai World Cup and GI Pegasus World Cup Invitational S., will join the stallion roster at Pleasant Acres Stallions in Morriston, Fl, for the 2018 breeding season.

“Helen and I have made it our mission to bring stallions to Florida that offer Florida Breeders new blood each year,” farm owner Joe Barbazon said. “Neolithic will be the first Harlan’s Holiday to stand in Florida and we are proud that not only is he the first, but he is also his sire’s highest earner who finished a brilliant third to Longines highest-rated race horse, Arrogate, in the Pegasus right here in Florida!”

Campaigned by Qatar Racing and Starlight Racing and trained by Todd Pletcher, Neolithic won three of 12 career starts and posted $2,278,028 in earnings. The $460,000 KEESEP yearling was bred in Kentucky by Edwin Anthony.
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/ne ... -stallions
TapitsGal
Posts: 794
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:23 pm

High Cotton has been pensioned due to declining fertility resulting from lack of interest. He will remain at Ocala stud for the rest of his days
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:08 pm

G @LongBallToNoOne
3h 3 hours ago
More G Retweeted G
MARURICE (Screen Hero) , MIKKI ISLE (Deep Impact) and REAL IMPACT (Deep Impact) will again stand a season in Australia after the upcoming season in JapanThe spread of the sons of the great Deep Impact continues!

SATONO ALADDIN (Deep x Magic Storm(USA) (Storm Cat)) to stand in New Zealand for the season after he's finished with the upcoming season in Japan
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:14 pm

Three Chimneys Farm‏ @Three_Chimneys

Champion, Gun Runner, overlooking his new kingdom. (photo: Sandy Hatfield) #GunRunner #HOTY #horseofalifetime
Image
User avatar
Sunline
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:05 am
Location: New Zealand

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:23 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:
G @LongBallToNoOne
3h 3 hours ago
More G Retweeted G
MARURICE (Screen Hero) , MIKKI ISLE (Deep Impact) and REAL IMPACT (Deep Impact) will again stand a season in Australia after the upcoming season in JapanThe spread of the sons of the great Deep Impact continues!

SATONO ALADDIN (Deep x Magic Storm(USA) (Storm Cat)) to stand in New Zealand for the season after he's finished with the upcoming season in Japan

It will be interesting to see what stud farm Satono Aladdin goes to,it must be one of the big studs.Also It has been years since a Japanese bred stallion has shuttled to NZ,there were quite a few and then it stopped after EI appeared in Australia because the stallions used to ship to australia and then onto NZ and when EI happened the stallions were stuck in Australia.
Sunline (1995-2009)- Queen of the Turf/ Mare of the World.
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:18 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:
Three Chimneys Farm‏ @Three_Chimneys

Champion, Gun Runner, overlooking his new kingdom. (photo: Sandy Hatfield) #GunRunner #HOTY #horseofalifetime
Image
He looks so good. Seems like he has adjusted well- they generally turn out in a smaller area at first to get them used to everything.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Post Reply