Horrible Names For Horses

Re: Horrible Names For Horses

Postby WaquoitNBroadBrush » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Yorkiepoo Princess reminds me of two other fillies with too-cute names from the '90s: Poopsie and Sweetzie. Both were entered in, and scratched from, the same race at Saratoga one day when I was there, and Durkin gave those names a hilarious, exaggerated treatment in his announcement of race changes. "Scratch Poooooop-siiiiiieeee, and Sweeeeeet-ziiiiiieeee."
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Postby barbaro111 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:48 pm

A horse named Flatline just won a race at Gulfstream---who the hell names heir horse Flatline, which means the heart stops beating
barbaro111

Postby Treve » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:36 pm

barbaro111 wrote:A horse named Flatline just won a race at Gulfstream---who the hell names heir horse Flatline, which means the heart stops beating

I kind of like it personally, it sounds cool but then I sometimes use it as slang to express such overwhelming joy or excitement that I could pass out/die from exuberance.
I could also see someone who is a big fan of medical/hospital dramas and shows being attracted to the name.

ETA: there's also a movie coming out soon called "The Flatliners" which i think is about a group of Emergency First Respondents or Trauma Surgeons, Icr.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby neighhey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Also, Flatlined is by Flatter, so at least the name's not completely out of the blue. Of course, being able to say "graded stakes winner" makes any name sound better! :D

To continue with questionable medically themed horse names, there's a 7YO in Argentina named Alergico. So far, the only thing he seems to be allergic to is winning, as he's 0 for 41.
neighhey

Postby WaquoitNBroadBrush » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Treve wrote:
barbaro111 wrote:A horse named Flatline just won a race at Gulfstream---who the hell names heir horse Flatline, which means the heart stops beating

I kind of like it personally, it sounds cool but then I sometimes use it as slang to express such overwhelming joy or excitement that I could pass out/die from exuberance.
I could also see someone who is a big fan of medical/hospital dramas and shows being attracted to the name.

ETA: there's also a movie coming out soon called "The Flatliners" which i think is about a group of Emergency First Respondents or Trauma Surgeons, Icr.

Sequel to the 1990 "Flatliners," about medical students experimenting with near-death. Julia Roberts and Kiefer Sutherland were in it.
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Postby Treve » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:58 am

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:
Treve wrote:

Sequel to the 1990 "Flatliners," about medical students experimenting with near-death. Julia Roberts and Kiefer Sutherland were in it.

Wasn't sure if it was related at all or not. Only thing I know about the project was that an actress I like is in it. Thanks for the info!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Postby stark » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:28 pm

My Bikini Fell Off
( Elusive Jazz - Unconstitutional, by Grand Slam )

Inside joke?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Diver52 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:39 am

I'm sure there was a Clothesfelloff at maybe Gulfstream today, and I wondered how that got through. Wasn't there a horse named something like Oliver Klozoff a few years ago? :lol:
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby bare it all » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:16 am

Diver52 wrote:I'm sure there was a Clothesfelloff at maybe Gulfstream today, and I wondered how that got through. Wasn't there a horse named something like Oliver Klozoff a few years ago? :lol:

Lol, her name is Clothes Fall Off ('12 Daaher x Tequila's Dayjur). She ran in the Barbara Fritchie this weekend - finished 3rd (2nd last year). She's in McLaughlin's barn. She's actually a nice little mare with some graded stakes placing against nice company and I'm hoping there's a graded win somewhere out there for her this year.
bare it all

Postby PONYRCR » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:35 pm

bare it all wrote:
Diver52 wrote:I'm sure there was a Clothesfelloff at maybe Gulfstream today, and I wondered how that got through. Wasn't there a horse named something like Oliver Klozoff a few years ago? :lol:

Lol, her name is Clothes Fall Off ('12 Daaher x Tequila's Dayjur). She ran in the Barbara Fritchie this weekend - finished 3rd (2nd last year). She's in McLaughlin's barn. She's actually a nice little mare with some graded stakes placing against nice company and I'm hoping there's a graded win somewhere out there for her this year.

There is a country song by Joe Nichols called Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off. I'm guessing whoever named her liked that song.
PONYRCR

PreviousNext

Return to Racing