Horrible Names For Horses

Re: Horrible Names For Horses

Postby Katewerk » Thu May 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Shestoyoungforubro
Katewerk

Postby neighhey » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:02 am

Not horrible exactly, but I'd like to nominate the 2017 Grand Reward-Marian Sh Temple colt for "Most Unimaginative Name for a 2017 foal"... :?

Bit of backstory...the mare (who is from a nice family...2nd dam is Classy Mirage) had her 1st foal, Manipuler (ARG), in 2009. He was a GSW and track record setter, and is now standing at stud in Argentina (his 2nd crop of foals are arriving this year). Marian Sh Temple was sold in the dispersal of Haras La Quebrada's broodmare band earlier this year. So now we have a full brother to Manipuler (ARG) being named...I'm Manipuler (ARG).

Why do I feel like this colt's going to go through an identity crisis? :lol:
neighhey

Postby Diver52 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 am

Ugh. At least why not "I'm Not Manipuler?" Honestly, I'd be so thrilled to have a horse to name that I'd be wildly creative!
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Diver52

Postby serenassong » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:39 am

neighhey wrote:Not horrible exactly, but I'd like to nominate the 2017 Grand Reward-Marian Sh Temple colt for "Most Unimaginative Name for a 2017 foal"... :?

Bit of backstory...the mare (who is from a nice family...2nd dam is Classy Mirage) had her 1st foal, Manipuler (ARG), in 2009. He was a GSW and track record setter, and is now standing at stud in Argentina (his 2nd crop of foals are arriving this year). Marian Sh Temple was sold in the dispersal of Haras La Quebrada's broodmare band earlier this year. So now we have a full brother to Manipuler (ARG) being named...I'm Manipuler (ARG).

Why do I feel like this colt's going to go through an identity crisis? :lol:

I find that the SA farms generally name their horses a bit better than this from what I have seen- at least not as bizarre as what is here.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Previous

Return to Racing