Page 69 of 78

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 am
by Miss Woodford
King of pacers Foiled Again got his 99th victory Saturday night at Yonkers in the first start of his 14yo season.
http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absoluten ... zoneid=118
A hard-fought race, he really showed his class. http://www.harnessracingupdate.com/race ... 32002YON4/

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am
by WarBiscuit
[quote="WarBiscuit"]The day has arrived, and 10yo h Forest Mouse finds himself moved over to the War Horse thread. This Sunday he begins his 2018 campaign at Sunland Park entered in the Winsham Lad Handicap seeking his 4th consecutive win of this race. Save for the Zia Park Sprint in November, Forest Mouse had a fine 2017 and hopefully the aging legs can carry him safely through another season. Outside of his Southwest territory, he seems to be a very underappreciated horse. One of the very best of the hard-knockers, he'll be looking to hit that million dollar mark. Go get 'em, Mouse!

Winsham Lad H. - Sunland Park - Sunday, January 14th - $65,000 Purse - 1 Mile - Race 9 - 3:50 pm.

The Mouse finished 3rd.

WarBiscuit

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:01 pm
by tachyon
Bullet Liner(JPN) has been retired from racing.
He ran his final race on Jan 3rd at Mizusawa (7th of 7) with his lifetime record of 178-21-18-24.
He will be a riding horse at Baji Gakuin, a professional training college for the future horsemen/women, in Chiba Prefecture.
Happy retirement Bullet Liner!

Image
Bullet Liner
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0000742700/

Higashi Kanto Baji Gakuin blog
https://ameblo.jp/shool-blog/

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:52 pm
by Miss Woodford
Isn't Bullet Liner still a stallion? Is he subfertile?

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:19 pm
by WarBiscuit
tachyon wrote:Bullet Liner(JPN) has been retired from racing.
He ran his final race on Jan 3rd at Mizusawa (7th of 7) with his lifetime record of 178-21-18-24.
He will be a riding horse at Baji Gakuin, a professional training college for the future horsemen/women, in Chiba Prefecture.
Happy retirement Bullet Liner!

Image
Bullet Liner
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0000742700/

Higashi Kanto Baji Gakuin blog
https://ameblo.jp/shool-blog/


Thanks for this wonderful news, tachyon! Hopefully, we will be able to receive occasional updates on how he is doing. A War Horse for sure - a happy, healthy and long
retirement to Bullet Liner.

WarBiscuit

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:42 pm
by bare it all
12 YO Renaldothewizard (g, 2006) finishes 3rd in the Dubawi stakes - a race he's wont he past 4 years and had raced in 5 times, now 6, total!! Total war horse. I've seen a few videos of him being unsaddled after the race and the crowd gives him a lovely round of applause. He looks a horse years younger and is definitely loving his job. Can't imagine this one would be happy in a field anywhere.

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:34 pm
by WarBiscuit
Recent Visitors to the Winners Circle:

10yo g Lagoon of Diamonds (Encosta de Lago - Nicole and Krista, by Machiavellian), 1st at Turfway Park (1/13/18). 63 - 13-12-10, $134,837. 3rd straight win.

10yo g Brave Julian (Brave Romane - Boston Heat, by Boston Harbor), 1st at Turf Paradise (1/13/18). 47 - 9-9-7, $72,493.

10yo g The Great Caper (Albert the Great - Cape Fog, by Cape Town), 1st at Turf Paradise (1/17/18). 49 - 12-6-8, $137,778. Stakes Placed.

10yo g Southern Sunrise (Dehere - Clochard, by Devil's Bag), 1st at Los Alamitos (1/19/18). 25 - 10-5-3, $119,940.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Placed: El Grande Rojo - 10g, Lizzy Lass - 10m, Watch My Smoke - 10g, Becky's Kitten - 11g, Moments Notiz - 10g,
Catfeinated - 11g, Loveintheshadows - 10m.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3rd: Forever Sure - 10g, Cozy Bar - 10g, Bully Roll - 12g, Well's Gold - 10g, Bim Bam - 11h, Surf N Ski - 10g.


_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

10yo g Nextalast (Eurosilver), DNF in Race 7 at Turfway Park on 1/19. "Pulled Up. Vanned Off". News appreciated.

Added to the list of War Horses covered here that perished in 2017:

12yo g Peters Creek (Louis Quatorze - Gallaslass, by Gallapiat). Retired from racing in 2016, rescued by Exceller Racing Warrior program. Passed in 2017.

10yo g Thunderclap Newman (Thunder Gulch - Silent Siren, by Quiet American), died during training at Arapahoe Park (6/15/17). "Trauma in Gate, died" .

10yo m (QH) With Love Too, "Went Wrong After Wire", Turf Paradise (1/8/17).

11yo g Fortune Faded (Catienus), track pony at Aqueduct, and retired race horse.

10yo g Jules L, track pony at Belmont Park.

RIP

WarBiscuit

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:18 pm
by Miss Woodford
Classic Wildcat made his 12yo (!) debut today at Laurel, jumping up in class to a $15k claimer. He finished 4th.
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 18USA7.pdf

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:01 pm
by Northport
bare it all wrote:12 YO Renaldothewizard (g, 2006) finishes 3rd in the Dubawi stakes - a race he's wont he past 4 years and had raced in 5 times, now 6, total!! Total war horse. I've seen a few videos of him being unsaddled after the race and the crowd gives him a lovely round of applause. He looks a horse years younger and is definitely loving his job. Can't imagine this one would be happy in a field anywhere.


I love those old Dubai specialists, like Reynaldo and the now-retired Barbeque Eddie. Race 3 or 4 times during the Dubai World Cup Carnival, hit the board/win in a few stakes/handicaps with nice prizemoney. Rinse. Repeat. It's a real credit to the local conditioners.

Re: The WAR HORSE Chronicles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:16 pm
by WaquoitNBroadBrush
WarBiscuit wrote:
10yo g Thunderclap Newman (Thunder Gulch - Silent Siren, by Quiet American), died during training at Arapahoe Park (6/15/17). "Trauma in Gate, died" .



Why would you be training a 10-year-old with 71 starts from the gate anyway? Don't most horses with that kind of experience skip the gate works and just use a brisk breeze or two to get ready for the next start?