Page 1 of 8

Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:39 pm
by PJMIII
Swift Warrior, a two-time Grade 3 stakes winner early this season who was beaten less than a length in a Grade 2 event two starts back, appears to hold a distinct class advantage in Saturday’s $250,000 Pennsylvania Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association President’s Cup at Parx Racing.

http://www.drf.com/news/parx-racing-swi ... idents-cup

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:39 am
by PJMIII
PJMIII wrote:Swift Warrior, a two-time Grade 3 stakes winner early this season who was beaten less than a length in a Grade 2 event two starts back, appears to hold a distinct class advantage in Saturday’s $250,000 Pennsylvania Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association President’s Cup at Parx Racing.

http://www.drf.com/news/parx-racing-swi ... idents-cup

From Brisnet

Swift Warrior (First Samurai), a multiple Grade 3 winner earlier in the season, outclassed eight rivals to take Saturday's $250,000 PTHA President's Cup at Parx Racing by 1 1/4 lengths. The 4-5 favorite in the nine-furlong grass test run on firm ground, the five-year-old finished up in 1:47 4/5 under Jose Ortiz. Campaigned by James Covello and James Dolan, the John Terranova trainee landed the John B. Connally Turf Cup (G3) and Tampa Bay S. (G3) last winter, but had placed in just one of three subsequent starts, finishing a close third in the Colonial Turf Cup (G2) two back. His record now stands at 24-7-2-8, $616,853.

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:42 pm
by PJMIII
Presque Isle Downs: Primed for Passion seeks fifth straight win in HBPA Stakes

Primed for Passion will look for her fifth win in as many starts this year in the $100,000 HBPA Stakes for older fillies and mares Thursday evening at Presque Isle Downs. It is the final card of the 100-day Presque Isle meet, and the race will be run as the fifth of eight races.

http://www.drf.com/news/presque-isle-do ... bpa-stakes

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:57 pm
by dustino140
Always a shame to see Presque Isle closing up for the meet. No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:25 pm
by Somnambulist
dustino140 wrote:Always a shame to see Presque Isle closing up for the meet. No, I'm not being sarcastic.


Yes, what will you do on your slow nights off?

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
by dustino140
Somnambulist wrote:
dustino140 wrote:Always a shame to see Presque Isle closing up for the meet. No, I'm not being sarcastic.


Yes, what will you do on your slow nights off?


Nights off? Heck, I generally catch the first two races from work on RTN, bet the 3rd from the highway and then catch the rest from home. #bachelorlife

If the gigantic $1,050 Pick 6 carryover makes it until Thursday, I'm taking down the entire pool.

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:33 pm
by Somnambulist
dustino140 wrote:Nights off? Heck, I generally catch the first two races from work on RTN, bet the 3rd from the highway and then catch the rest from home. #bachelorlife


The novacaine hasn't worn off and laughing.. not smart. I'm wearing beer now. Wow that's attractive.

I hope they move that filly that almost beat Groupie Doll up in class or something. KEE calls.

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:38 pm
by dustino140
Somnambulist wrote:
dustino140 wrote:Nights off? Heck, I generally catch the first two races from work on RTN, bet the 3rd from the highway and then catch the rest from home. #bachelorlife


The novacaine hasn't worn off and laughing.. not smart. I'm wearing beer now. Wow that's attractive.

I hope they move that filly that almost beat Groupie Doll up in class or something. KEE calls.


Beer and Burger King...can you say dream woman?

The trainer said that there is a good chance she would go to Keeneland assuming she comes out of the Masters ok. She's now 7-6-1-0 on synthetics.

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:07 pm
by PJMIII
Dick Jerardi: Stephen Got Bud has danced every dance

Just about every track in America has a horse like Stephen Got Bud, the horse who, once he finds his proper level of competition, runs the same race month after month. In a game marked by inconsistency, bettors love the consistent horse.

http://www.drf.com/news/dick-jerardi-st ... very-dance

Re: Pennsylvania Racing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:05 am
by PJMIII
Penn National Sets Average Handle Record

Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course posted a record daily average pari-mutuel handle for its 197-night meet in 2013, a track official said Dec. 30.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... dle-record