Congratulations re: BreedersCup 2018

Mylute

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:29 pm

ElPrado2 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:29 am
O'Brien is flying over with a herd for the turf fans. Some other Euro trainers will show up. Last I heard, Roaring Lion is still coming. I still need to sort out the Asian entries, that Win and You're In group will keep auxiliary gates looking like its Derby day. Brazil and Argentina look like they should be flying some up here.
I don't expect Oz or NZ to send anything, time change plus season difference may be too much.
When is the last time an Aussie or Kiwi came to to the BC?
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
ElPrado2

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:36 pm

Have they?

It really doesn't fit their schedule.
South America can handle it, it is just one element out of whack. But Oz... opposite seasons and the time change is likely too much of a change together. It is also the start of their classic and handicap season. They would be missing things like the Melbourne Cup acclimatising one way or the other. To Aussies, that is the biggest race of the year.
RugbyGirl

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:57 pm

I don't believe there has ever been a horse trained in Aus/NZ that has ever attempted the Breeders Cup. We had huge hopes for So You Think when he was trained by AOB but he put him in the Classic race instead of the turf!

You guys have no idea how big the MelbCup is! It is known as the race that stops the nation. It is a public holiday for most of Australia since the Government knows very little work will be done!

Here is a video of a MelbCup parade held the day before the big race through downtown Melbourne

https://youtu.be/XcJdXG0ASDI

The horses in the red rugs are past Cup winners or placegetters!
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing