Loooch

stark

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:27 am

Ron Paolucci, whose Loooch Racing Stables has become a leading owner in North America, said Thursday without equivocation that he is getting out of horse ownership.

“I’ve thought about it long and hard,” said Paolucci, 48. “Life is too short. I want to enjoy my life, and I’m not getting enough enjoyment out of life as a horse owner. I’m definitely getting out. I’ve had enough.”

http://www.drf.com/news/leading-owner-p ... -ownership
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:32 pm

While I'm not a big fan of some of Paolucci's choices, I'm sorry to read this. Racing needs owners; without them, we don't have the horses to fill the races.
I hope he will find homes for his older horses when "attrition" brings an end to their racing careers.
Northport

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:14 pm

One less arrogant owner who threw horses in way over their heads. I hate to see big owners/supporters leave the sport, but when one who is always chirping away on twitter, moving horses to a new trainer every 3 weeks, and just being a general loud mouth when his decisions are questioned... I won't miss him. Sorry not sorry.
weeeeeeeee
peeptoad

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:18 am

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/a- ... eave-sport

Can't say I personally agreed with the maiden being entered in the BC race, but I've had life experiences that mirror Paolucci's, though in a different area. Obviously don't know the whole story, but base on the TDN piece I feel his pain. Good luck to him and, if course, for the future of his horses. A forward thinking sport racing is not, though I will forever love it despite the flaws.
djnorth

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:49 am

OH resident here. Sad to see him go, even with some of his decisions. I think I was hoping that some of those didn't happen but I think I understand about being one of the "cool kids" in racing or not. And I'm not sure that being one of the "cool kids" is best for the game or the participants, especially for the powerless ones (horse, barn staff, etc.)

If he didn't have some of those goofy entries, he'd come off like Jess Jackson with fewer means. Some people hated to see him coming and there were times he'd get the eyeroll from me. I'm glad that Barbara Banke has persisted in the sport but I think the "We hate everything about you but your money" has got to get old. Don't think Jackson got exactly that but similar.

Ah, well...