DEL MAR 2018 SUMMER SEASON CONTEST

stark
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:16 am

Dusty wrote:I cannot make picks for SUNDAY - says results are still pending - Just me? Or anyone else?
Still not working @ 6:15am pacific.

Hmmm, maybe my first day to break even!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:15 am

Still not open for business but the contest race is #6 The Wickerr at one mile on the turf, get cappin!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:55 pm

stark wrote:Still not open for business but the contest race is #6 The Wickerr at one mile on the turf, get cappin!

It up and working now--- I am up by 210 but if the 8 does not win I will be at +110 for the week. my friend Kate sister is at #12 in the contest :D
User avatar
Dusty
Posts: 598
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Dana Point, Ca
Contact:

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Yep up and running - Editorre is a scratch - not reflected on the contest page
May they run with the WIND
stark
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Dusty wrote:Yep up and running - Editorre is a scratch - not reflected on the contest page
The 8, LiamTheCharmer, is also scratched.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:10 pm

I’m up a big $82. right now. I’m swingin’ for the fences with $40 to WP and $20 to show on the 1. I know it’s a prep for him but he’s gotta show something if their going to haul him to EMD in three weeks. Here’s to hoping he earns some traveling $$.
stark
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Curtis wrote:I’m up a big $82. right now. I’m swingin’ for the fences with $40 to WP and $20 to show on the 1. I know it’s a prep for him but he’s gotta show something if their going to haul him to EMD in three weeks. Here’s to hoping he earns some traveling $$.
Easily the longest shot on the board.
Step 1.....bet a few bucks of real money.
Step 2.....THERE IS A PAYOFF ODDS CAP OF 25-TO-1 ON ALL WAGERS, so maybe a larger show bet is in order????
Step 3.....light a candle.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:18 pm

stark wrote:
Curtis wrote:I’m up a big $82. right now. I’m swingin’ for the fences with $40 to WP and $20 to show on the 1. I know it’s a prep for him but he’s gotta show something if their going to haul him to EMD in three weeks. Here’s to hoping he earns some traveling $$.
Easily the longest shot on the board.
Step 1.....bet a few bucks of real money.
Step 2.....THERE IS A PAYOFF ODDS CAP OF 25-TO-1 ON ALL WAGERS, so maybe a larger show bet is in order????
Step 3.....light a candle.
Step 1.....I put a whole $2 to win on him. I’ve been betting on him since he was a 2yo, he doesn’t owe me anything. I’m at EMD today and at the very least will come out $25 ahead betting $2 per race. $2 is about as real as I get.
Step 2.....When I put the selection in this morning I figured he might go off at more than 25-1 but didn’t know how much. It’s all in fun, I’ll sleep alright tonight.
Step 3......Stranger things have happened, my Pop always told me he never caught a fish without first putting his hook in the water.
stark
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:56 pm

August 12, if I was you, I'd take off the rubber band and bet $4 on the defending champ.
Third off the layoff often a horse's best.
Turf to dirt angle.
Roman will be riding with confidence.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:22 pm

The first weeks is over and i made it in the black to +110. ;)
in the past I have spent the first two weeks in the red

:roll:


looking forward till next week --- I hate grass races- better on dirt :mrgreen:
stark
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Ho-hum, yet another third place finish paying $7.20 this time at 10/1

Too bad I don't know where the show tellers are located.

$100.00 Win 12 Perfectly Majestic $0.00
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:20 am

My friend meimei is at #12 has @1440.00 she is one of the best horse picker around as good as my late brother little tom
Catalina
Posts: 3161
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 am

Nada on Saturday ($100 on #1) and Sunday ($100 on #11).
Down to $334 and 375th place.
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:33 pm

my friend Connie drop to #56 with 1325.00 still way better than me. :D
stark
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:40 pm

You've got so many good friends that are great handicappers, maybe you could tell them to post here.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:38 pm

stark wrote:You've got so many good friends that are great handicappers, maybe you could tell them to post here.


Little Tom past years ago with brain cancer - Connie is Kate sister their uncle use to and maybe still does I do'not know run Del Mar. Your comment was meant to imply what? you're a big boy you can say what you think here. :(
stark
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:15 pm

BigDonOKC wrote:
stark wrote:You've got so many good friends that are great handicappers, maybe you could tell them to post here.


Little Tom past years ago with brain cancer - Connie is Kate sister their uncle use to and maybe still does I do'not know run Del Mar. Your comment was meant to imply what? you're a big boy you can say what you think here. :(
We're always looking for well informed handicappers to contribute to the conversations, the more the merrier, new blood is a good thing, thanks in advance.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:55 pm

stark wrote:
BigDonOKC wrote:
stark wrote:You've got so many good friends that are great handicappers, maybe you could tell them to post here.


Little Tom past years ago with brain cancer - Connie is Kate sister their uncle use to and maybe still does I do'not know run Del Mar. Your comment was meant to imply what? you're a big boy you can say what you think here. :(
We're always looking for well informed handicappers to contribute to the conversations, the more the merrier, new blood is a good thing, thanks in advance.
nice side step - but don't think she get are talks on the internet.
stark
Posts: 4011
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:33 pm

-30-
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BigDonOKC
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 am

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:40 pm

stark wrote:-30-
I bite 30 what your place in contest or IQ?
Post Reply