Belmont Saturday Watchalong thread

Treve

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Impressive closing kick from the 6yo gelding Spring Quality, I didn't think he was gonna make it from so far back but he ran them all down!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Personal Ensign

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Anyone know what the story behind the Wheels Up advertisement that Mike Smith has on the collar of his shirt and the folks from Winstar had on the baseball caps they are wearing, it was also on the sheet Justify had on the other day.
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
W. C. Fields

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Treve

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Personal Ensign wrote:Anyone know what the story behind the Wheels Up advertisement that Mike Smith has on the collar of his shirt and the folks from Winstar had on the baseball caps they are wearing, it was also on the sheet Justify had on the other day.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -into-raos
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Sparrow Castle

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Quality Road gets his second win today as the sire of both Spring Quality and Abel Tasman.
Personal Ensign

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:54 pm

Treve wrote:
Personal Ensign wrote:Anyone know what the story behind the Wheels Up advertisement that Mike Smith has on the collar of his shirt and the folks from Winstar had on the baseball caps they are wearing, it was also on the sheet Justify had on the other day.
Thanks Treve

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -into-raos
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
W. C. Fields

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Sparrow Castle

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Claire (Novak) Crosby @BH_CNovak
34s34 seconds ago

I talked to NYRA veterinary director Dr Anthony Verderosa on Discreet Lover, vanned off after Met Mile. Said he was lame right front without any obvious reason, to be further examined back at the barn.
Treve

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Maybe he's just sore from pulling a muscle.
And whew... 46 minutes to post time I'm so nervous I might throw up.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

SSilence86

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Treve wrote:Maybe he's just sore from pulling a muscle.

Good. I'm not the only one :shock:
CoronadosQuest

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Oh my gosh, same! AHH.

Funny that the other Baffert is the longest shot on the board. He has the favorite and the longest lol
Big Ten

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:18 pm

I just arrived at Los Al and just chillaxin' at the grandstand seats. Beautiful day here at Cypress, CA.

I'll do my original intent and I'm just going to sit this one out. I really considered putting money on Vino Rosso and Bravazo. But I remember putting money on the Toronto Raptors and Houston Rockets and both lost games that killed my parlay. I didn't like either team originally but my friend wanted to play them. I was reluctant but went for it anyway.

I realized if my heart isn't into who I'm betting on, don't bet. And I usually follow my mind and not my heart. But some heart needs to be there for me to care. I don't like Todd Pletcher or John Velazquez. So if I don't like either one, my heart isn't into betting Vino Rosso. Another 30+ minutes until we all find out if we are getting our 13th TC winner.

Go, Justify! I'm rooting for him hard. I can't turn my back against him now. We made it this far. I wouldn't be stunned if he lost though especially ones I picked in the predictions thread. Only two complete tosses. The other seven of Justify's opponents wouldn't shock me if they won. That includes Noble Indy and Free Drop Billy.
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
Treve

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:20 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:
Oh my gosh, same! AHH.

Funny that the other Baffert is the longest shot on the board. He has the favorite and the longest lol
I was just thinking that! Also LOL @ Baffert bringing back the Burger King he is a superstitious fellow... can't be thrilled about the changed silks.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

lurkey mclurker

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:22 pm

...I feel odd that I want the triple crown more for Mike Smith than necessarily for Justify, even though I like Justify just fine and would be more than happy to see another TC winner. :?

I think I'm still mired in hockey sadness. I don't wanna get excited and then be disappointed. :?
Treve

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:22 pm

I like that Justify is looking calm and collected. Hofburg and Bravazo also seem alert but calm. Curious perhaps is the word. Brief bit of what I saw of Noble Indy looks keyed up.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

katmandu

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:28 pm

The 2 Repole silks talking together out of the jockey room. . . what would Oliver Stone say? :P
Treve

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:31 pm

I half expected Noble Indy to run in WinStar silks I was surprised to see two sets of Repole but perhaps WinStar didn't want to risk offending CHC?
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Riders up... heart is pounding in my chest but Mike and Justify have their game faces on. Good luck out there.
And good luck to all the others. Come home safe everyone.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Charlie

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:37 pm

I remember reading Indy would run in Repole silks the moment he was announced but I have no clue why.

Justify looks down right laid back, almost uninterested in all the people around. Haven’t reallly seen any other horses to judge their behavior.
Big Ten

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:39 pm

Bolt d'Oro finished dead last in the Met? Yikes! Yup, Belmont is not getting any of my money today. A potential Belmont bummer coming up. It's TC mirage is very alluring.

Since Affirmed, TC attempts is only 1-12 (7.7%). That's barely better than the Cleveland Browns record last season. Getting 4-5 odds is not enough to go after a fairytale finish no matter how much I adore the horse.
Rock Hard Ten. Free House. Soul Of The Matter. Lit de Justice. Zenyatta. Justify. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. Silver Charm.
Miss Woodford

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Blended Citizen is a beautiful animal.
SSilence86

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Oh my goodness I can barely breathe...